[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Huawei HiKey 960

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: hikey-960-SD-front-500x330.jpg (60KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
hikey-960-SD-front-500x330.jpg
60KB, 500x330px
>Kirin 960 SOC
>3GB LPDDR4
>32GB on-board storage
>USB-C
>M.2 slot

>$240

I feel like even with decent hardware for one of these single-board computers, that price is too high. I might see $199 as a justifiable price.

http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/4/27/15459614/huawei-hikey-960-single-board-linux-computer
>>
>>60121476
If the main draw of a SBC is a cheap SoC for embedded projects, what market does this even have?
>>
>>60121476
This is a devkit, not a consumer device. Unless you're doing kernel/driver development it's not worth the price.
>>
Huawei must be desperate
>>
>>60121559

I imagine there's a small market for people that want a fanless, low power computer for general or home theater use, but they're already being served with a number of cheaper options.
>>
>ARM
I wouldn't use this shit even if they gave it to me FOR FREE.
>>
>>60121476
let me know when they have linux support
>>60121599
>>60121653
it's easy to tell when you're lying, tripfag
>>
File: 4.35.05.png (135KB, 747x579px) Image search: [Google]
4.35.05.png
135KB, 747x579px
>>60121668
What? I just made a typo and only realized it a while later.

But seriously though, ARM is dogshit outside of desktops/laptops and I'm not interested in embedded shit. Even then the lattepanda exists for that anyway.
>>
>>60121559
>what market does this even have?
embedded projects that need a bit more processing power
>>
>>60121715
Then why not skip over to an embedded merlin falcon dev board then? Why go through the huge castle of sucking ARM's cock?

4 excavator cores at up to 3.4 GHz and a 512 SPs GPU @ 800MHz sounds like a ton of fucking power.
>>
>>60121897
How do the power draws of the two boards compare?
>>
>on-board storage
fucking why?
>>
>>60121941
Hard to say. You'd have to test them side by side running furmark + prime95 and ARM's equivalence of that for a few hours and measure power consumption from the ATX/5V connection somehow.

I'm sure the ARM shitbird would consume less power while providing less performance though.
>>
>>60121476
Sad thing phones arent released with mini-hdmi ports anymore, they'd make great fanless, low power consumption HTPCs
>>
>>60122087
Performance is fucking dogshit though. Go and try to play 1080p 60FPS VP9 youtube video on the desktop version of youtube on your phone. Let me know how it goes.
>>
>>60121714
>ARM is dogshit outside of desktops/laptops
another typo eh? ARM and their fabs has pretty much exclusively targeted deeply embedded to phones for the past 15-20 years. It's only dog shit on desktops and laptops because at that required level of compute power, power savings go out the window.

the dragonboard410c is much better because the SoC actually suits the application(4 application cores in a package capable of running at full clock all the time), the one posted ITT is garbage because the main cores cannot sustain full clock rates without very careful heatsink and PCB design, the support cores aren't impressive so you just get a very unpredictable system when used for general purpose operating systems. that's why i said i'll wait on linux support because someone needs to figure out a way to get scheduling just right so it doesn't turn into a house fire or a slow heap of shit.
>>
>>60121476
>no Ethernet
Failed abortion.
>>
>>60122293
FUCK, I meant outside of phones and embedded stuff.

Dam, this day really got to me man. Today I was tasked with 12 hours of work doing nothing but demolition and a little bit of masonry at the end of the day. I feel like shit man, half the time I'm kinda zoning out.
>>
>>60122317
agreed, why the fuck did 96boards design a spec without ethernet, instead opting for ass loads of radios that no one using these devices actually care about. the EE spec boards do have ethernet, but they're the cost of a full desktop PC and none of them can actually be purchased because AMD.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.