[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

APOLOGIZE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: jerry-yang-with-yahoo.jpg w=942.jpg (64KB, 620x423px) Image search: [Google]
jerry-yang-with-yahoo.jpg w=942.jpg
64KB, 620x423px
Yang met Alibaba founder Jack Ma in 1997 during Yang's first trip to China. Ma, a government-employed tour guide and former English teacher, gave Yang a tour of the Great Wall of China. The two hit it off and discussed the growth of the Web. Ma created Alibaba several months later. A 1997 photo of Yang and Ma at the Great Wall still hangs on the wall in Alibaba's Hangzhou office.

In 2005, under Yang's direction but before he took over as CEO in 2007, Yahoo! purchased a 40% stake in Alibaba for $1 billion plus the assets of Yahoo! China, valued at $700 million. In 2012, Yahoo! sold a portion of its stake in Alibaba for $7.6 billion. The company made an additional $9.4 billion in Alibaba's 2014 IPO. Eric Jackson, the founder of hedge fund Ironfire Capital, called Yahoo!'s investment in Alibaba "the best investment an American company has ever made in China," and stated, "Jerry deserves enormous credit for that."
>>
>>60120992

Didn't that idiot also reject a $44 billion takeover from Microsoft?
>>
File: rice wojak.png (140KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
rice wojak.png
140KB, 645x773px
>ywn invest in or found a company that relies heavily on slave labor, government cronies, and assassinating competitors
>>
>>60121051
Yes.

He also signed off on hiring Marissa Mayer as the CEO after resigning due to the shareholder shitstorm that followed when search business integration deal with Google (that was pitched by Yang as an alternative to sale to Microsoft when he rejected the $44B offer) fell through due to anti-trust concerns (which investment banks and law firms advising the Yahoo-Google integration deal had warned Yahoo's board against).
>>
>>60121203
>He also signed off on hiring Marissa Mayer as the CEO

He had no part of that. He was forced out before she was hired.
>>
>>60121053
Explain please
>>
>>60120992
It's the only investment Yahoo made that wasn't disastrous.
>>
>>60123458
It's a Chinese company. It inevitably needs Guanxi to be successful, and Guanxi to us in the west looks like corruption.

I have a friend who studied in a Chinese University for a year and his Chinese friend made a voice recording of himself speaking English so his roommates cousin could get a teaching position in an American University.

He didn't think it was wrong because his roommate's cousin's father got my friend's Chinese friend's mother into a very good hospital when she was ill.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.