[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GPL violations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: GPL_160.jpg (35KB, 160x308px) Image search: [Google]
GPL_160.jpg
35KB, 160x308px
Why do we even have GPL if no one is enforcing the obligations the hardware vendors have?
Look at xiaomi and co; no one cares about releasing the sources at release. And sometimes they don't release them at all.

So why is RMS not doing anything against this?
>>
so freetards are fine with stealing intellectual property

"hurr it'sll just 0's and 1's"

then they get upset when someone returns the favor?
>>
>>60119135
Sorry, but that isn't a very rational argumentation. Maybe try again?
>>
>>60119117
But there were precedents for enforcing the GPL.

Sure, there are lot's of violations out there.
>>
>>60119117
>So why is RMS not doing anything against this?

Because it's not his program/his code. he has nothing to do with it.

Busybox devs sued a few embedded hardware manufacturers for using bb on their shit and not releasing the source code of the modifications they made.
>>
>>60119205
So I guess you need some company that can effort suing if you want access to sources which they are enforced to provide. Great
>>
>>60119117
Contact the FSF
>>
>>60119274
>enforced
*obligated
>>
File: rms_anime.jpg (63KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
rms_anime.jpg
63KB, 450x338px
>>60119117

Gnu devs are OG niggas who refuse to settle anything in court
>>
>>60119278
I just did
>>
File: stirner_enough.jpg (150KB, 523x452px) Image search: [Google]
stirner_enough.jpg
150KB, 523x452px
>>60119135
>stealing intellectual property
>>
>>60119274

Yeah, and if you're not a big company you can talk to the FSF and they'll do it for you.

>>60119336

But really, this. It's rare that any of these cases ever gets to court, because the violator's lawyers look at the GPL, look at what the crooks are doing and then tell 'em "We're fucked. Better cough up the source code, or we're going out of business."
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.