[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reason is officially getting VST support

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

VST support is officially coming to Reason 9.5 on May 29, 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmxrTNgO0rU

https://www.propellerheads.se/reason-95

Are you hype?
>>
>>60117905
Not really.

Ableton or Logic are both better in every single way at this point.
>>
Meme isnt even strong enough to express the state of Reason.
>>
>>60117985
Cubase is better than both of those.
>>
>>60117905
>>60117985
>>60118006
>>60118016
Repill me about FL
>>
>>60118156
Its been stigmatized for years for being babies first DAW due to the simplicity of pirating it. But in reality is only second to Pro Tools.
>>
I thought this was a bait thread at first but apparently you're serious.

Honestly, it really does not matter what DAW you use. They're all basically the same at this point, except for Reason. Reason is shit. Use anything other than Reason.

Hell, even Renoise is better for fuck's sake.
>>
>>60117905
oh damn they're late to the party. Why not just get Ableton or Bitwig 2.0?
>>
>>60117985
then why it is so hard to make good beat with it

with reason 5 and recycle it was easier
>>
File: 1492221023325.jpg (280KB, 1348x1030px) Image search: [Google]
1492221023325.jpg
280KB, 1348x1030px
>>60118156
Nothing wrong with FL studio. People hate it because it's M A I N S T R E A M
>>
>>60118313
If you think it's hard to make a good beat with ultrabeat in Logic then I don't know what to say to you.

Go buy a maschine or an akai then and do it that way. That's what I did.
>>
>>60118348

Who bitch this is?
>>
>>60118349
I actually bought mpd to use it with Ableton and while Ableton has some very nice features i find it hard to use. there are just too many ways to do something

with Reason everything is more straightforward
>>
>>60118221
>Hell, even Renoise is better for fuck's sake.
Implying renoise sucks at all

Trackers for life.
>>
>>60118174
>second to pro tools
FL is shit compared to cubase, its a functional DAW that can do what most can do on the same level but its a buggy piece of shit with better coded alternatives that also properly manage plugins. I'd rather run bitwig (but ultimately cubase) if I had a choice.
>>
>>60118528
>buggy piece of shit
Maybe on your shit top that struggles to load sizable wavs.
But FL has maybe crashed on me a few times sinsce V6.
>>
>>60118554
Ya no my desktop doesn't struggle and with DAWs at similar stress-load its quite stable. I think it says a lot about FL that plugins are still not functionally sandboxed from the DAW and a plugin error can/will crash the whole DAW. FL does a lot of things right but I could never see using it in a professional setting. Why when there are so many alternatives?
>>
>>60118657
What VST crashed?
And not all who crash, crash FL.
>>
>>60118425
Then you're weird and abnormal. Nobody finds Ableton hard to use except you and a tiny tiny tiny minority of weirdos, so I guess Reason is perfect for you.
>>
>>60118686
Abletons UI is trash and has no flow to it.
>>
>>60118670
It's not a specific VST its the nature of how FL manages plugins. If you for instance had a buggy plugin in bitwig it would just terminate it without incident. In FL its probably just going to crash. My problems aren't buggy VSTs or I wouldn't be bitching about FL studio specifically.
>>
>>60118524
nigga I love Renoise but I wasn't trying to shill for it

you really think OP could handle something like Renoise when he thinks Reason getting VSTs is a big deal? kek
>>
>>60118702
Says you and 0.1% of people.

Nobody cares about you.
>>
>>60118708
I mean, yeah they should be sandboxed, but at the same time, using sketchy vsts isnt smart.
>>
>>60118729
Most people who use abloton only use it for their sets. Alot of people tend to produce on something else.
>>
File: 1492911190091.jpg (25KB, 555x347px) Image search: [Google]
1492911190091.jpg
25KB, 555x347px
>shit daw gets feature it should have had since day 1
>somehow news

w-what?
>>
> stop liking what i don't like

People are allowed to have preferences.
>>
>>60118717
True.

It's always nice to see Renoise get some love in the wild though, it's almost always overlooked when talking about DAWs.
>>
maybe a little?
not really into the reason workflow
would rather just use ableton + gear
>>
File: 1429430119757.jpg (13KB, 304x304px) Image search: [Google]
1429430119757.jpg
13KB, 304x304px
>ITT
>reason
>ableton
>logic
>cubase
>FL
>pro tools
>renoise
>bitwig

All shit compared to Reaper
>>
>>60118770
I mean given the architecture of reason it kinda makes sense, but its been a really long time coming. I would say that was the main thing gimping reason and actually makes it a lot more attractive as a DAW now.
>>
>>60118783
my edm prod setup is Renoise + Reaktor with Fabfilters for EQing.
>>
>>60118848
I prefer Ableton. The sidechaining process in REAPER is convoluted.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.