[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arduino

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Uno[1].jpg (42KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
Uno[1].jpg
42KB, 500x376px
I want to get started with arduino, but I'm a total beginner with electronics and programming; no experience. Where should I start? I signed up for a c++ class on edx.org, but I havent started the lessons just yet, i havent had time.
>>
look for a tutorial or two there are a lot of free books online, start playing with leds to learn the basics, some of the books tell you what to buy
>>
>>60114604

>can't program
>starts with C++
>hurr durr

Retard. 95% of what you learn there won't even be applicable to your Arduino dumbass, you should have gotten the starter kit to fool around instead.
>>
>>60114637
>" The Arduino language is based on C/C++"
>>
>>60114819

>Arduino language
>[implying that it's a language itself]
>based on C/C++
>[implying that it's not C and it's not C++ either]

Are you literally retarded or you just didn't even spend half an hour researching what you are doing?
>>
>>60114819
Yea but embedded programming is really a lot different from the type of programming you'll probably learn in a course like that.
You can also pretend it's C, that would be a lot easier. And look at the examples that come with the arduino "IDE".
>>
>>60114860
>implying learning what its based on won't make using it easier
I know its literally just a simplified vers of c/c++
There's no need to be a cunt about it, some of us actually leave our houses.
>>
>>60114819
Based on C, not C++. It doesn't even have enough memory to load the STL.
>>
>>60114913

Stop acting as if you knew shit asshole, you even said that you don't program. The amount of C/C++ that also applies to embedded stuff is minimal and you could learn it if you read a book for 6 hours; the class you got is gonna be mostly useless and you're quite fucking retarded because this is easy to figure out if you research properly. The fact that you're asking here while still having those misconceptions just gives away how little effort you put into looking it up yourself; the fact that you're asking the questions after you signed for the class, and not before, speaks volumes about how poorly planned this is (and how much of a fucking retard you are). On top of that you're using a fucking Arduino, which is basically the baby version of the stuff that people actually use for embedded programming, but you decide to start with what's arguably the hardest programming language instead of an easier one; this is like being on kindergarten learning to use an abacus and then bringing a calculator to cheat, but trying to solve differential equations (which the calculator doesn't support) instead of learning how to do 2 + 2. You are pants on head retarded and you can't possibly realize how much.
>>
>>60114637
>>60114819
>>60114860
>>60114863
>>60114913
>>60115007
Man you people argue over stupid shit.

>>60114604
The Arduino IDE has examples that you can use to get an idea of how it works. However, the Arduino by itself is kind of useless, you'd need to look into getting a bread board and some electronic parts to really get good use out of it. You can order a starter kit from SEED that will contain your basic resistors, capacitors, motors, ect... that can teach you the basics. Once you get comfortable with electronic parts, you can move on to the programming enviornment. The language itself is C based, but you'll notice the differences in its design instantly, such as it replaces 'main' with 'loop', and 'setup' will be kind of like writing your own preprocessors that contain a keywords unique to the programming enviornment (like loading pins for GPIO).

All in all its easy to learn.
>>
File: 1336932801473.jpg (13KB, 280x350px) Image search: [Google]
1336932801473.jpg
13KB, 280x350px
>>60114637
>>60114819
>>60114860
>>60115090
Well, that escalated quickly.
>>
>>60115090

SAVAGE
A
V
A
G
E
>>
>>60114604
Generally, I would advice that you use C for embedded projects, but beware of how much memory you are using, and C++ should be fine.
To program an arduino, write a makefile, you can use
https://github.com/sudar/Arduino-Makefile
as it makes it easier.

You could also use the arduino IDE, but it is really bad, so maybe you should use a make file either way.
>>
File: where_do_you_think_we_are.png (221KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
where_do_you_think_we_are.png
221KB, 680x383px
>>60115118
>Man you people argue over stupid shit.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.