[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have a decent i7 quad core CPU >not the latest and greatest,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: ?format=1000w.gif (32KB, 613x304px) Image search: [Google]
?format=1000w.gif
32KB, 613x304px
>have a decent i7 quad core CPU
>not the latest and greatest, but not old shit either
>running Firefox 52.0.1
>browsing looking through the catalog, total CPU use is around 2%
>click thread to open in new tab, all four cores immediately go to 100% and stay there until the thread is fully loaded
>mouse movement is jerky as fuck
>can't scroll the catalog smoothly. catalog jerks ahead several lines...freezes...jerks ahead...etc

wtf is going on? do have malware or what? It didn't use to be this bad. IMO it shouldn't take all four cores to load a thread.
also, memory usage is very low as I have 16 gig.

maybe it's just that FF is too bloated now.
>>
>>60112686
Why are you using windows xp?

Just set affinity to only two cores in task manager
>>
>Asks /g/ for help while posting screen shot of xp task manager in 2017

Kill yourself.
>>
>>60112697
>>60112716

I should have mentioned that the pic is from google. I just googled 100% CPU and grabbed a pic instead of screen capping.
I'm using 10.
>>
>>60112686
Probably malware or antivirus(use common sense 2017)

Firefox runs just fine on my core 2 duo
>>
>>60112724
>being too big of a faggot to screen cap his own shit
>>
corelets, will they ever learn?
>>
>>60112686
>Firecux
>Win 10
No but seriously, the creators' update or whatever has fucked some shit up in Firecux for me too.
>>
Install Gentoo.
>>
>>60113337
That's because Microsoft don't want anyone else's but their own cock in your asshole and will fuck with browsers that aren't edge to coax you into using it.
>>
I'm running the 5820k OC'd to 4.2Ghz with Win 8 and I too occasionally get a choppy cursor movement and stutters with this piece of shit browser.
It also often crashes after couple of days of being open.
Watching flash videos on it is pure hell.
Never any problems when using Chrome, no matter how many tabs I have open.
FF is simply a terrible browser.
>>
>>60112686
>Intel
There's your problem.
>>
>>60112686
C-F5 brings my (overall) cpu usage to 14% for a split second and opening the big generals on the board is about the same.
I saw ~60% util on core 0 at the same time but that is it.
using Firefox 52.0.2 with 4chanX and OneeChan so this shit isn't light either

if your Desktop becomes non-responsive/jerky underload maybe it is time to switch to a OS with a real CPU/IO scheduler.
>>
>>60113605
>if your Desktop becomes non-responsive/jerky underload maybe it is time to switch to a OS with a real CPU/IO scheduler.

Recommendations?
>>
>>60113656
>>60113346
>>
>>60113664
I honestly don't know why I bothered asking.
>>
>>60113711
That was another anon, not me.
but memes aside the Linux kernel does have a decent CPU/IO scheduler (several in fact)

I can easily max out each core and still have silky smooth video playback and a responsive desktop.
You could try setting the priority of certain processes higher or lower in windows to fix it however.
>>
>decent
>4 threads
>>
>>60112686
>Windows XP

That's probably your problem.
>>
>>60112686
You could stop using Windows XP any fucking day now.
>>
>>60113337
>>60113359
>not using LTSB

o I am laffin
>>
>>60112716
I bet you use Windows 10, you stupid cunt.
>this is nu-/g/
>>
>>60112724
>I'm using 10
well there's your problem sherlock.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.