[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do I need to know to be a high frequency trading programmer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (17KB, 343x147px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
17KB, 343x147px
What do I need to know to be a high frequency trading programmer?
>>
>>60111580
fuckload of math, stats, stochastic systems, general low-level programming, VHDL, combinational logic

ergo every-fucking-thing
>>
python
>>
>>60111711
>>60111902
WHICH ONE IS IT
>>
>>60111935
first one, you musn't fall for numpy meme
>>
>>60111711
this is bs. it's literally just gambling.
>>
>>60111711
Man how does it feel to be a cuck, that simple minded trader makes more money with your software than you will ever earn in your whole life
>>
>>60111935
occams razor my dude
>>
>>60112356
Gambling isnt guaranteed money
>>
>>60111580
>who

not what.
>>
>>60111580
Seriously all you need to under stand is risk management. There's a million models out there.

Algo trading is an incredibly broad term. Ranging from spread trading, technicals and so on.
>>
>>60111580
>Wanting to work for the jews.
>>
>>60112599
No shit
>>
>>60111580
if(is_low(stock)) buy(stock);
if(is_high(stock)) sell(stock);
>>
>>60111711
This guy is correct. You want speed as you can outbuy at times using lower level programming languages than high level ones due to overhead. Sounds silly, but overhead matters.
>>
>>60111580
I heard the R language its a good start, i have no experience with trading but this language pops up whenever analytics is involved specially BI.
>>
>>60111580
maybe not related, but you can lose as much money as you want with just one monitor
>>
>>60111711
This, and also remember that you need to get stock quotes as quickly as possible so you need a few million dollars to get that setup
>>
>>60111711
>VHDL
explain why hardware description is necessary for simulating jew mindedness
>>
First thing you need to know is that it isn't real. There are no trends, no predictions. The only way to make money is by selling it to other people, or have enough money so that you can just influence the courses yourself like banks.

>>60112356
This
>>
>>60114408
The communications and especially priorities to the exchange are much more important, eg. you have no chance if you aren't trading at a PC at the exchange
>>
File: header01.jpg (96KB, 927x376px) Image search: [Google]
header01.jpg
96KB, 927x376px
Take NZT
>>
>>60112599
neither is frequency trading
>>
>>60114714
not sure if I trust this Bradley Cooper
>>
>>60111580
cpp, be really good with math. being in HFT means that you may be working with banks if your software is good enough. dont waste your time with making programs that trying to make predotions based on market trends, they always fail even if the software has good turnout its almost always better to have simple a fast and trades using high-low and short methods. Alot to know in this, read it up and start with a BTC daytime trading software and move into HFT. Also you need to live near an exchange for good ping for fast and accurate trading. Dont wanna trade something that moved 5 cents in the 33 ms ping. Manhattan is a good place, iknow a few into it there..
>>
>>60114624
Make low latency network connections,
>>
>>60111580
Just learn quantopian
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.