[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck happened to Firefox on Android? Is anyone else

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1460344652354.png (145KB, 702x397px) Image search: [Google]
1460344652354.png
145KB, 702x397px
What the fuck happened to Firefox on Android? Is anyone else unable to listen to youtube videos or audio in the backround?
>>
>>60110435
Still can if it's a youtube embed

I think google overseers have made a threat based on a competition

thanks youtube red
>>
>>60110601
Thanks based Google overlords, those who do no wrong and know no boundaries to kindness.

Anyhow. Are there any other browsers that can do this for lagdroid or do I need to download NewPipe?
>>
>>60110618
I wouldn't know, I only use firefox/aurora myself
NewPipe sounds like it could settle until something else is usefull, or NewPipe becomes the god teir
>>
Glad to know I'm not the only one with this issue.
Downloaded newpipe though.
>>
>>60110435
You can still listen to it if you use the desktop version of the webpage.
>>
>>60110701
Doesn't work for me.
>>
i switched to newpipe a long time ago, it can now play all formats and resolutions. To get subscriptions i exported my subscriptions from the youtube webpage as rss and i keep track of them using an rss reader. The only thing you will be missing is the comments.
>>
Why can't anything be downloaded from YouTube in quality higher than 720p?
>>
>>60110798
you can with youtube-dl, you can eve choose vıdeo and audio codecs. This applies to newpipe aswell since it uses youtube-dl to download
>>
>laggyfox
>>
>>60110882
>>laggyfox
on Lagdroid.
>>
Just install ogyoutube
>>
>>60110435
you can if you use desktop mode
>>
The problem is being looked into:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1359752

As usual, it seems Google is randomly fucking with their users again. And hilariously, dumbfucks on reddit are scrambling around different versions of Fennec not understanding that the sudden breakage stems from a change in YouTube's code.

*** SOLUTION ***

Paste the URL of the YouTube video you want to watch into keepvid.com, then tap on a direct video link.
>>
With touchjizz you can have two apps along side so I don't have these problems with multitasking like you stock plebs
>>
>>60110798

Because Google doesn't store any video+audio file that has greater than 1280x720 resolution. You have to download the separated video and audio parts and mux them yourself. youtube-dl can do that for you and for the programs that interface with it.
>>
>>60111638
Stock does this too, gg samshit
>>
>>60111764
Only works properly on stock 7.1.1, and samsung still has the superior implementation
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.