[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is this form factor called

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: form_factor.png (351KB, 814x822px) Image search: [Google]
form_factor.png
351KB, 814x822px
Looking into making some kind of hand held x86/64 machine I can use for myself. I would say for emulators and work but I got a used 3ds just to crack it and never used it for games so I doubt I would play.

Still interested in this form factor though and some projects I can do with it. Want to be able to use it as a linux/ssh box though eventually.

Was looking at the pyra. And the pandora or whatever and looks like they suck. And are not cheap.

Anything like this on the market or some open source project? There are a ton of system on a chimp out and coming out in the near future. I can see one of these being pretty powerful.
>>
Typically called an ultra mobile PC. They aren't much of a thing anymore now that phablets are a thing.
>>
>>60105589
palmtop
>>
>>60105637
>>60105653

Those are small but not really the same. I could do without the buttons but would want the joysticks or at least one for mouse. I was thinking what a thinkpad clit would be like and allow the keyboard to fill the entire bottom. Also this is a little thick would would allow more inside or at least more airflow either one allowing a stronger processor and whatever else.
>>
>>60105589
GPD Win
>>
UMPC
See old Sony Viao palmtops
>>
I'm also gonna tell ya now, making your own UMPC with non stock parts is impossible for a one off
Case and even a keyboard is easy, framework and screen mounting
Difficult comes with a motherboard, cooling, battery and shit
With an RPI zero and some special adapters you can make one pretty easy
Anything with a more powerful non embedded processor is not an at home project
>>
>>60105990

I was wondering about x86/64 system on a chip options. Dont really see any that are viable though. I could get a raspberry to do ssh on but itll be weak in the end. Maybe someday soon with the way processes are going.

Maybe I should look at windows phones and gut one. They are running a version of windows no? Linux should be possible.
>>
>>60105923

GDP Win actually look pretty good even the price isnt as bad as pandora/pyra.
>>
>>60106085
That's probably the most up to date x86-64 SoC device in that form factor and size
>>
>>60106085
Because it's chink shit dude
Get it, you won't regret it, I promise :^)
>>
>>60106178
I own one for several months already, pretty good build quality for "chink shit" though, for the money I can recommend it, if you really have a need for machine that form factor
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.