[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>We removed the home key and dedicated touch buttons to give

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot 2017-04-27 17.13.17.png (579KB, 948x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-04-27 17.13.17.png
579KB, 948x1080px
>We removed the home key and dedicated touch buttons to give you a larger screen and a true bezeless infinity display!

>And replaced it with a giant on screen bar on the bottom of your screen with virtual buttons that take up the exact amount of space as the old buttons on the bezel did, except now they're even less functional somehow! And they will occasionally disappear and you have to hope you can get them to pop back up when you want them

Samsung was a mistake.
>>
>>60104864
But the buttons disappear when you're watching a fullscreen video, that's the whole point
>>
>>60104900

>Sacrificing the usability of your phone for a feature you'll use maybe once a month
>>
>same camera as s7
>edged version only
>added bixby gimmick button
>removed home button
>too big

I would literally rather buy an iphone
>>
>>60104915
Fuck software buttons

Why is this no bezel meme allowed
>>
File: credit-card phone.jpg (255KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
credit-card phone.jpg
255KB, 1920x1080px
>2013 + 1 + 2 + (2-1)
>buying "smart phones"

Huff some Zyklon B pls.
>>
>>60105023

>Using an autism phone
>>
>>60105164
>t. neurotypical
>>
>>60104915
>once a month

I watch videos on my phone all the time.
>>
>>60104864
>except now they're even less functional somehow
Explain this point.
>>
>>60105494
>t. Numale cuck
>>
>what are pie controls
I didn't know people here were THIS retarded
>>
>>60105584

A psychical button never freezes due to software, never disappears due to system lag (which is common thanks to touchjiz). These buttons take up the exact same space but take away functionality.
>>
>>60105625
>If I dont use some function it means others surely won't use it too
What does being a sperg feels like anon?
>>
>>60105642

Well... let's just assume I am this retarded and I have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>60104864
Except the bezels at the top is also removed you fucking idiot
>>
>>60105649

Physical buttons get broken all the time and let in water and dust

Just get a keyboard cover if you want your buttons
>>
>>60105625
>using a phone makes me a cuck
>unironically calling someone a numale
Back to >>/pol/ you go!
>>
>>60104927
I did.
>>
>>60105674
>what are capacitive buttons
>>
>>60105692

Redundant
>>
>>60105674

The S7 was dust proof and water proof and had a home button.

Next?
>>
>>60105737

Doesn't address breakage and wear
>>
I had a tablet a few years ago, can't remember the model think it was a HTC something, It has hardware buttons on the bottom of the screen.

A software update disabled those buttons and replaced them with ALWAYS ON SOFTWARE BUTTONS, THEY NEVER WENT AWAY, NOT EVEN IN FULLSCREEN VIDEO.

I was fucking mad about that.
>>
>touchwizz
>>
>>60104900
>implying 2:1 is a common video aspect ratio
it's not. enjoy your black bars.
>>
>>60105794
>only watches tv

kill yourself pleb
>>
>>60105649

I've used an onscreen navigation bar on my old galaxy nexus, then switched to physical buttons on my current galaxy s4. To be fair, if the system freezes up to the point that the onscreen buttons become unresponsive, input coming from physical buttons would be just as ineffective. Onscreen buttons register taps even when the app is lagging, just like physical ones. There's no real difference. I never wished i had physical buttons, the onscreen ones simply worked fine. Virtual buttons take vertical space away when visible (hardly a problem on the s8's stupidly tall screen), but they offer a little more customization capability. To me it's a draw. The new galaxy may be a trainwreck, but this is not the reason.
>>
>>60105864

To be clear: it very rarely happened to me that onscreen buttons became completely unresponsive, and that only happened in case of an android UI process crash. That was back on jelly bean or kitkat.
>>
>>60104864
ok i understand the shitty safetysoapbar nofun design language of cars cause of regulation bullshit but WTF is going on with the smartphone market. The pack designs have been garbage for years now. HUEG, LOLNoKEYBRD, LAGGGG, HEY! Let's make the battery SMALLER! REMOVE USEFUL SHIT LIKE AUX and BUTTONS! YA!

I like my sony Z2 but looking to get something soon. My galaxy S2 prior was GOAT.
>>
File: 1493316813222.jpg (37KB, 656x583px) Image search: [Google]
1493316813222.jpg
37KB, 656x583px
>>60105625
>>
>>60104864
i disliked on-screen for a while but conceptually i see how it's better from a long-term move. you can update and add/customize them across android versions without worry about hardware support, sometimes its 4 buttons, sometimes 2
i got over it a long time ago once i switched to a 6p and gave up samsung, and the fingerprint reader serves almost the same purpose as the home button (waking up the device when pulling it out of your pocket) except it's even better and (relatively) secure
>>
>>60104864
THE MI MIX WOULD BE THE PERFECT PHONE IF THEY MADE THAT LOWER BEZEL CAPACITIVE BUTTONS/READER

PLS SOMEONE PHOTOSHOP
>>
>>60105494
Autism?
>>
>>60104864
ITS MR CAPITALS AGAIN HERE. WHY DONT THEY JUST PUT NAV BUTTONS ON THE SIDE OF PHONES? ALL YOU NEED IS 3 BUTTONS ANYWAY.
>>
>>60104864
I cant wait for them to take away the volume and power buttons, make the screen wrap around the corners again, and then put the new volume and power buttons where they use to be but onscreen
WE FUTURE NOW!
>>
>>60106612
Watch Apple remove the volume buttons and put them on a dongle.
>>
>getting angry over this

I have had a Sony Xperia phone for a year now and it doesn't have the home button and touch buttons at the bottom. Took a bit to get use to but is way better especiallybecause i have an extra speaker where they would have been. I also don't have to deal with randomly going back or to tbe home or menu screen when using it like i did on my old galaxy phone
>>
>>60105625
I think you're just trying to be funny, so I won't judge too hard.
>>
>>60105674
>Physical buttons get broken all the time
Nope
>>60105692
And these, ya faggets
>>
>>60105755
>address breakage and wear
>asking for universal entropy hack
Stfu stiupid
>>
does anyone even give a shit about bezels or phone thickness anymore? It was cool to care about like 5 years ago, but now i'd rather just have a bigger phone if it meant the battery lasted a shitload longer.
>>
>>60104915
If you do that once a month, you don't use your phone.
>>
>>60106668
its fucking revolutionary!
Also put the power button on the airpods instead of the phone
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.