[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Laptop Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: serveimage(20).jpg (51KB, 390x243px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage(20).jpg
51KB, 390x243px
Hello /g/uys,
which laptop would you agree is the best price to performance + mobility + durability ratio? Every laptop I ask about on /g/ apparently sucks.

I need a new laptop, location Europe, budget up to 1600e (soft limit).

I would use it for writing, so a good screen and keyboard is a must. It needs to be able to take a few hits as I enjoy traveling, and a spill resistant keyboard is a plus but not necessary. Basically, if I accidentally knock it off a desk I don't want it to shatter. I would also play the occasional game, nothing intensive, CS:GO and Civilization V or VI.

The laptops I was looking at:
>Dell XPS15
>System76 Gazelle
>Lenovo X1 Carbon
>Lenovo T450s
>HP EliteBooks
>ASUS Zenbooks

Please no macbooks or ten year old T4{20,30}, I want this laptop to last me at least 5 years. My previous one, HP EliteBook 2730p, lasted 7.
>>
File: 1490039014923.jpg (126KB, 721x705px) Image search: [Google]
1490039014923.jpg
126KB, 721x705px
>>60097878
Why in the fuck isn't everybody just copying Apple with their laptops?
I am so fucking full of these spaceship looking motherfuckers
Fukken hell
>>
buy t420 and big bag with weed.
"I would also play the occasional game" hahaha
>>
You can get the 2017 carbon for like $900 with the epp discount thingy

i'd buy it but i'm a poorfag
>>
>>60097940
Asus is with the zenbooks. They're unibody I think.

>>60098371
>you play video games occasionally?
>loser
>smoke weed instead

>>60098589
Is it valid for Europe?
>>
>>60097878
XPS 15 with 4K screen. GTX 1050 will take care of your games on high settings, you won't look like a weeb and screen is amazing. The only downsides are the lack of spill resistant keyboard and you'll probably fuck your laptop up if it falls onto one of its thin aluminum corners
>>
>>60097878
>T450s
??? That model is 2 years old now. We're on the T470s now.

Get a T470p if you want a laptop that does things.
>>
>>60098765
Typing this on a last gen XPS 15 (i5-6300HQ, GTX960M, 4k screen) btw. Ask me any questions you have about the machine.
>>
>>60098793
Have you ever dropped it?
>>
>>60098788
Does the T470p have user replaceable/upgradeable RAM, SSD and battery?
>>
>>60098823
Nope
>>
>>60098693
He's laughing because none of the laptops in OP can play games, dumbass.
>>
>>60098837
Yes, almost every thinkpad except the carbon does without having to take apart the chassis. They all have compartments on the bottom and it takes less than 60 seconds to swap RAM or SSDs. Battery takes 5 seconds.
>>
>>60098914
Every single one of those laptops can run those games. A GTX 1050 in a Dell XPS 15 can easily get 100+ FPS on ultra settings on CS:GO
>>
>>60098936
How is the keyboard on the T470p? And is the 1440p screen worth it?
>>
>>60098793
is the ghosting issue common or just a few people have that problem
>>
>>60098793
How is the key travel?
>>
Zenbook with discrete graphics
>not a brick like the xps
>>
>>60100253
Don't the zenbooks also have shitty PenTile panels?
>>
>>60097878
the MiBook Air, you cunt. Best shit you can get.

And the HP Elite books are a pile of overpriced manure. We have them as work laptops and I wouldn't wish them on my enemies. Prev corp. had Dells, those were shittier.
>>
>>60097878
I need help. I cannot find an answer anywhere

I bought a Lenovo Yoga S1 for $50 and the only thing that needed to be replaced was the video cable

got it replaced and I put in the battery and HDD and I plug in the AC and light blinks 3 times

I unplugged the CMOS battery and plugged in power (without the laptop battery
it blinked 3 times, then the keyboard illuminated, and there is an orange light on one key red light on thinkpad logo and green light on another key.

I plugged in HDD when this occured and HDD spins on, I tried to turn on the laptop and it simply wont turn on, CPU fan wont spin etc.

Im at a fucking loss
>>
>>60101260
Bump for you man, I hope you solve it.
>>
The gigabyte aero 14 looks really nice
>>
>>60097940
apple themselves copy intel metrobook concept
>>
>>60097878
ASUS UX310UQ kabylake version, the skylake ones have shitty TN screen
Decent CS:GO in 1080p
>>
>>60098936
Dunno about that. I have a T460 and it looks like the entire bottom panel comes off as a single piece with like 6 screws. Not particularly convenient IMO.
>>
>>60097878
>every laptop[...]apparently sucks
It's ACTUALLY true. Every laptop sucks. It's a crappy form factor, period. Even given that, no one makes a truly good laptop.

I recommend buy a cheap Chromebook to minimize the amount of money you spend on a device that sucks. School kids use them so you know they're reasonably durable. Many screen and keyboard options.
>>
>>60106480
But chromebooks can barely even run chrome itself.
>>
Gonna highjack this thread. I used a 2009 MacBook Pro for a good while. It had the most buttery smooth track pad ever. I got an XPS 13 recently because the critics say it has one of the best track pads ever. But the track pad is shit. So any suggestions on modern laptops with great track pads? Please don't say MacBook.
>>
Idk too much about the other laptops, but saw that it is in the price range i was also looking for laptops. Currently, I am using an MSI GS63VR 7RF. Pretty powerful, steelseries keyboard. I put a cover on the laptop because the lighting up dragon thing somewhat annoyed me, but it will run your games extremely smooth. I played rocket league on max settings and temps were about 60 celcius for cpu and gpu (Live in Miami btw). Also battery life is pretty good set to to power saver mode with brightness up i lost about 30 percent in 2 hours. If you are an audiophile, the computer features a HI-FI output which truly does sound amazing. Overall, computer has great build and surprisingly decent battery life. It has everything to make the computer last for a good amount of time since it has a 1060 with 6gb vram and i7 with nvme storage.
>>
>>60106739
Honestly no clue. Not a fan of trackpads but i have not experienced an amazing trackpad for windows laptops.
>>
>>60106802
How depressing.
>>
Even with the laptop i have. Sometimes it doesn't register,but i mainly use a mouse.
>>
File: razer-blade-stealth-l-6.jpg (322KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
razer-blade-stealth-l-6.jpg
322KB, 1500x1000px
Razer Blade Stealth maybe. Just get a skin to cover up that normie logo.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.