[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help required

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1492967354-0.jpg (122KB, 600x677px) Image search: [Google]
1492967354-0.jpg
122KB, 600x677px
>GCSE Computer Studies grade C
>studied CSA level in college but I dropped out and never completed it
>have broad knowledge and skills but very little programming experience other than BASIC as a kid.

I want to learn programming but don't know where to start.

What if any advice do you have?

Thank you in advance.
>>
Kill yourself

Programming is saturated with pajeets and 20somethings that have been programming since they were 12. Just give up now and pursue something useful
>>
get a decompiled version of minecraft and play with the code.

not joking, it's a pretty good way to get going as you can see what's changing right off the bat; you have lots of examples of different programming strategies and techniques lying around; and a hundred helper functions to achieve what you don't yet understand.

It's about as autistic as suggestions go but it'll work.
>>
if you only managed to get a C at GCSE level, you don't have broad knowledge and skills.

just give up now, friend
>>
>>60097341
Search for 'Python' or 'Ruby tutorial' and do it to completion. Then get some books.
>>
>>60097341
I started programming when I was 12, as did most of my friends who are good at it

You can get any beginner programming book and try learning from that. 12 year olds can do it this way, and if you can't then maybe it's not for you.
>>
http://cs61a.org/
Read every slide and do every exercise without cheating by looking at the solutions
Look at the docs for the python language before stack overflow
Do the whole thing and you'll be able to say you know how to program
>>
>>60097381
I discovered the pub at the age of 15yrs, I had a great part-time job earning £100 a week and I pissed my future away.

GCSE is coursework and exams. The exam was a piece of piss, I just didn't put the effort in with the coursework.
>>
>>60097442
i don't know what year you sat your exam or which exam board you had, but with OCR my coursework consisted of taking pictures of using grep in an Ubuntu VM and copypasting a Python script to add some numbers.
>>
>>60099099

From what I can remember the exam consisted of a flow chart for a home alarm system, storage and memory questions. Can't remember much else.
>>
>>60097379
this
plus look at bukkit/spigot. Decent way to dive in too
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.