[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You get what you pay for.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: linux.jpg (7KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
linux.jpg
7KB, 262x192px
You get what you pay for.
>>
>pirate Windows
>it's shit
>order a copy of Ubuntu on DVD for $10
>it's much better
>>
>>60092933
So Red Hat is better than anything?
>>
>>60092933
Are you suggesting i should get RedHat OS?
>>
File: Microsoft_Logo.jpg (12KB, 400x192px) Image search: [Google]
Microsoft_Logo.jpg
12KB, 400x192px
>>60092933
The best things in life are free.
>>
freedom is free
>>
>>60093455
But you can give it to the birds and bees, I need money.

EDIT: Thanks for the gold!
>>
>>60093455
>Microsoft
>free
Where?
>>
>>60093513
upvoted
>>
>>60092933
And sometimes you don't.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
>>
it's taking over the world and in 10 years arm/linux will be the dominant hardware/software literally everywhere on the planet.

>>60093510

costs a buck 'o five.
>>
>>60092933
>windows 10
>>
>>60093542
Stop the "Windows 10 is free" meme already. It isn't. Abusing the continued offering for the impaired (1) still requires a base Windows 7 or 8/8.1 license, which is decidedly not free, and (2) is in direct violation to copyright laws, letting the copyright holder determine how their software is acquired and used, plus it's an evasion of DRM. Other than that, Microsoft Windows 10 offerings are all $100 and above.
>>
File: manspreading.jpg (928KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
manspreading.jpg
928KB, 1200x800px
>>60092933
“Free software” means software that respects users' freedom and community. Roughly, it means that the users have the freedom to run, copy, distribute, study, change and improve the software. Thus, “free software” is a matter of liberty, not price. To understand the concept, you should think of “free” as in “free speech,” not as in “free beer”. We sometimes call it “libre software,” borrowing the French or Spanish word for “free” as in freedom, to show we do not mean the software is gratis.

We campaign for these freedoms because everyone deserves them. With these freedoms, the users (both individually and collectively) control the program and what it does for them. When users don't control the program, we call it a “nonfree” or “proprietary” program. The nonfree program controls the users, and the developer controls the program; this makes the program an instrument of unjust power.
>>
File: file.jpg (73KB, 600x590px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
73KB, 600x590px
It took me years to truly realize this adage.

but yes, you do indeed get what you pay for. and then some
>>
>>60093567
>the continued offering for the impaired
that shit was discontinued like 6 months ago
where the fuck have you been?
>>
>>60093567
Who would pay over $100 for NSA/Windows 10?
>>
File: 1493195372595.jpg (229KB, 627x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493195372595.jpg
229KB, 627x720px
>>60093610
I read this in RMS' voice and got a boner, both philosophically and physically.
>>
I get freedom for free. Makes sense.
>>
>>60092933
Exactly. I bought ZorinOS Ultimate and I'm very happy with it.
>>
>>60092933
Freedom aint free you need to fight for it
>>
>>60093519
Nowhere, it cannot be called free because it doesn't respect essential user freedoms.
>>
>>60092933
Sooo microsoft should pay you to use wimdows?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.