[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I differentiate between real malware and false alarms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: 1491477485483.jpg (130KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1491477485483.jpg
130KB, 1080x1349px
How do I differentiate between real malware and false alarms from windows defender/antivirus software when installing pirated games ?
>>
You don't, if you don't have the source code you'll never know if the binary is legit
>>
>>60092655
or i could just find out when someone robs my paypal. if someone does rob it then that means there was malware. if they don't, then there wasn't. problem solved.
>>
>>60092639
>not using Common Sense 2017 Nothin' Personal Edition
>>
>>60092639

>pirated games

It's easy; it's always malware. With every pirated software you're getting bitcoin miners and lots of other botnet stuff. You'd have to be pretty fucking stupid to think that anyone would pirate games and give them away for free just because.
>>
>>60092758
my graphics card is powerful enough to do a bit of mining plus run the game at the same time (1080 ti)
>>
>>60092795
>get a 1080
>pirate your games
Christ kid
>>
>>60092639
>turkish girl
Gross.
>>
>>60092639
>when installing pirated games ?
You don't. They're all malware.
>>
>>60093387
>They're all malware.
u dum?
>>
>>60093394
You think they're not going to put malware in their releases? Why else would they give it away for free?
>>
>>60093534
because they are gentiles
>>
>>60092639
Check torrent comments
Only download from VIP or staff uploaders
>>
What is wireshark, faggot
>>
>>60093534
pissed off employees
espionage
people who believe you shouldn't have to waste 6 hours being a wageslave for something that you're not sure will be good or not (srsly why the fuck are all these worthless fucking games charging 60 bucks? esp when they're just rebranded pieces of shit 90% of the time, without anything other than muh graphical imrpovements, over last years revision.. fucking rainbow 6 siege is the most shallow game i've ever played and didn't drop below $40 for two fucking years, AND there's a fucktonne of microtransaction faggotry)

the content creators get paid regardless. the producers and the developers employers are almost always assholes who don't deserve big royalty cheques anyways.

games are a massive waste of your life regardless. those who actually rule this gay earth want you wasting your life on something to utterly worthless instead of smartening the fuck up.
>>
>>60093376
forget her name, she was a vine slut. but i dont think she is actually turkish
>>
>>60093569
I know nothing about malware: The Post
>>
>>60093563
This, plus scan everything you can on VirusTotal and consider looking into basic reverse engineering; enough to know if the program contains malicious functionality
>>
>>60092639
Common sense
>>
>>60092639
install gentoo
>>
>>60093376
>>60093676
she is amanda cerny and not turkish
>>
>>60092639
Play games without drm, problem solved
>>
>>60092684
Genius!

Step 1: Install suspicious software willingly
Step 2: Log into a secondary Paypal with a couple of bucks
Step 3: Wait a year and know if you've installed malware

It's so simple!
>>
>>60092639
she can't be turkish, right? tell me i'm right.
>>
>>60092758
legit games are also malware, though

>Steam
>Origin
>Uplay
>>
>>60094259
What did she mean by this?
>>
>>60092639
Perfect woman
>>
>>60094259
She's not pretty enough to be Turkish.
>>
>>60094368
>>
>>60094418
Anzu is rhe representative of Turkish women and OP isn't as pretty as anzu.
>>
I think some of you completely underestimate the motivation of some people to 'fuck the system' "just because". And the irony is theres more cause to do it now than ever.

Pirating software (to a degree anyway) has always had political motive behind it, the motive to punish and curtail capitalist greed. It wasnt always about spreading malware and that cynicism attached to the pirate movement is only as old as malware itself. The argument of "why would they do it if not to spread malware" falls flat fir me.

I get that a lot of /g/ wouldnt be old enough to really get this and the roots of piracy in general but it doesnt hurt to learn.
>>
>>
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.