[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wtf is going on?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (4KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 223x226px
Has anyone ever experienced this, I'm almost a bit weirded out by whats going on..

Desktop pc with monitor, no sound devices plugged in or anything. I go on firefox or even chrome and some webpages (seemingly random- no link between them) I can hear a really high pitch quiet buzzing nice coming from my monitor, I switch tabs it goes, switch back it starts again. Heres the thing though, I've tried different monitors and they all do the same thing with maybe a slightly different pitch. And I can definitley hear its coming from them and not my pc.

So whats all this about then?
>>
>>60090761
Sounds like a Sp00ky ghost is messing with you, Anon. Try installing Gentoo to fix yer problem, thank me later
>>
Happened to me, don't know what it is.
>>
coil whine
sage
>>
>>60090761
something connected to your power strip is likely pulling a lot of power.

that used to happen to me. I had an old Dell and I think the power supply was failing, pulling power ineffectively. My Powerstrip/surge protector's coils would whine. When i would scroll up and down on my monitor, the slightly higher power draw of my monitor would increase the Whine. I have a feeling since my Pc was fucking with the power strip, it was causing everything else on the line to receive inefficient power.
>>
Sounds like a capacitor.
>>
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/11/beware-of-ads-that-use-inaudible-sound-to-link-your-phone-tv-tablet-and-pc/

your gettin v& mate
>>
>>60090965
>inaudible
faggot
>>
Open this link and report back, probably something about those webpages that triggers that

http://thume.ca/screentunes/
>>
>>60090915
Thanks that sounds most likely actually cos it's pretty old, and would explain why multiple monitors do the same thing.
>>60090965
I believe that's actual audio sent through some kind of speaker.
>>
>>60090991
Yeah can hear it, pretty strange.
>>
>>60090990
maybe its an old shitty monitor that is trying to play the noise
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.