[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DisplayMate gives Samsung Galaxy S8 first ever perfect A+ rating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

File: flsamsunggalaxys8.jpg (29KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
flsamsunggalaxys8.jpg
29KB, 770x433px
http://www.displaymate.com/Galaxy_S8_ShootOut_01.htm

>The Galaxy S8 matches or sets new Smartphone display performance records for:
>· Largest Native Color Gamut (113% DCI-P3 and 142% sRGB / Rec.709).
>· Highest Peak Brightness (1,020 nits).
>· Highest Contrast Rating in Ambient Light (227).
>· Highest Screen Resolution 3K (2960x1440).
>· Highest (infinite) Contrast Ratio.
>· Lowest Screen Reflectance (4.5 percent).
>· Smallest Brightness Variation with Viewing Angle (29 percent).
>· Almost every display lab test and measurement shows some improvements compared to the Galaxy S7.
>>
>>60087117
>Perfect A+
>Pentile

hahahahahaha
>>
>>60087150
>so many pixels you can't see the subpixel structure without a microscope
>complains about subpixel structure
>>
Apple simply cannot compete with Samsung.
>>
File: 1478418065237.jpg (26KB, 411x412px) Image search: [Google]
1478418065237.jpg
26KB, 411x412px
>>60087117
>make a wide gamut display
>put it into a phone that is mainly used for social media

Why? It's not like anyone will notice the increased color accuracy.
>>
>>60087551
>social media
>MEDIA

Yeah completely useless to make the screen better hurrrrr
>>
>>60087566
Yeah those cell phone pictures with instagram filters, meme pictures that went through countless jpg compressors and emoji really make good use of a color accurate display.
>>
>>60087633
UHD YouTube too
>>
>>60087551
Because it is actually hard to scale it up to the same size as a monitor and maintain the quality.
>>
why can't we have this shit in our monitor technology already..

smartphone displays already seem like 5 generations ahead of monitor technology
>>
>>60087681
isn't the screen the most expensive part on a high end phone?, wonder how much would it be to scale that to a 21" monitor
>>
>>60087746
scale it to my fucking oculus rift as an upgrade and i'm happy
>>
>>60087633
The S8's camera is actually pretty good if you don't take your pictures and videos through shitty apps with lame filters.
>>
>>60087759
Samsung Gear
Done.

The only reason Oculus doesn't have it is because they don't want to pay Samsung for the panels.
>>
>>60087117
samsung oversaturates its displays

think i prefer iphone
>>
>>60087801
you have a misconception..

samsung doesn't oversaturate at all since galaxy s3 era. they just emit the true color now.
>>
>>60087117
You also get an F for getting laid. Remember, only poorfags and betas use android.
>>
>>60087787
the s7 camera was so good that they kept it on the s8..

this probably means, all further camera tweaks and updates are also port-able to the s7 which seems like a win-win situation
>>
>>60087150
screen is really good anon. Everything else isn't but the one thing you can't complain about is the screen. Yes the aspect ratio is retarded, yes the curves on the sides and the round corners are fucking ridiculous, but it's a nice screen.
Would you get a phone based only on a great screen? I fuckin wouldn't. I would like to see better quality screens on other phones that have better software, better overall hardware and of course better battery life.
>>
i'd opt for a snapdragon 435 instead of 835 and same internals.. you barely need the extraperformance of the 835.
>>
>>60087826
This, girls hate greenlets.
>>
>>60087801
False. You are probably thinking of one of their display modes.
>>
Will the iPhone 8 screen be better than this>
>>
Is €717 a good price to pay?
>>
>>60087842
If all it takes is extracting the camera apk and installing it on an S7, that would be sweet. I've got an S7 Edge and the S8's incremental upgrades don't justify the price to me.
>>
>>60088142
well.. the only feature which i really really want as of now is bluetooth 5.0

it makes speakerbrands like Denon Heos or Sonos obsolete since bt 5.0 can multistream to different speakers from your phone
>>
>>60087117
This will trigger all the poorfags and chinkphone dirt poor fags
>>
Now all they need to do is upsize it to monitor and TV sizes and sell it at 'reasonable' prices (not fucking +5K)
>>
>>60087826
>have a samsung phone
>chicks always ask if it is an iphone
>theyre more interested when it isnt
Dunno about you.
>>
>>60088195
3K resolution for $3K sound reasonable to you?
>>
>>60088197
This doesn't happen.
>>
>missing pixels on edges
>curved shit
>shit aspect ratio

>"perfect"
>>
>>60088254
Yes, it does. Have an iPhone and it's just another iPhone, like everybody else in the food stamp line has. But have something that looks kinda like one but isn't, and it gets a bit more interest than "Is that an iPhone? Yeah. K." Especially if it looks sleeker in many ways.
>>
>>60087551
To fill out another item on the features list this year

Quite ironic how normies buy $200 walmart laptops but spend $1200 on phones
>>
>>60088295
The curved corners and weird aspect ratio balance out. Display a 16:9 picture and it's perfectly rectangular. The curvy top and bottom are for notification bars and soft buttons.
>>
>>60088325
Nobody asks what type of phone you have. Go outside for 10 minutes before posting about the real world please.
>>
>>60088446
This is only true if you have an iPhone or a phone that looks poor.
>>
>>60087117
>>60087516
total bullshit.
Android isn't a color-managed OS, but iOS is.

so let's look at a normal srgb picture on the s8.
s8 isn't aware that it's srgb and by default will be in its 'Adaptive Display' which isn't srgb. so colors will be wrong.
now you could manually check your content for which gamut it is and then manually switch to the right one, but that's retarded.

meanwhile on iOS, srgb tagged pictures will be correctly displayed, same for p3.
>>
>>60090559
>Android isn't a color-managed OS, but iOS is.
Nougat adds color adjustment.

>s8 isn't aware that it's srgb and by default will be in its 'Adaptive Display' which isn't srgb. so colors will be wrong.
Adaptive display is on by default but may be turned off.
>>
>>60087651
for some reason the highest option on YouTube is only 1080p on the S8 - it's fucked.
>>
>>60088329
Spent around 4k before uni discount on my touchbar MacBook Pro, stay mad.
>>
File: 1310397442848.jpg (58KB, 402x500px) Image search: [Google]
1310397442848.jpg
58KB, 402x500px
>$800 call making device
>>
went to the t-mobile store the other day, and I really enjoyed viewing the screen. However, I don't think I would enjoy using it all the time. There is just something inexplicably off about the edges that wasn't really a factor for me in the s6/7 edge. I really like the G6, it had little bezel, and curved corners, and it was also quite sharp and bright. Not Samsung levels of sharp and bright but still miles better than what I've been using for two years.
>>
>>60090964
did you mean $800 beautiful pocket computer that if some nerd from the eighties saw somebody using they would shit themselves?
>>
>>60090964
DUDE I'M POOR LMAO
>>
>>60088446
>Go outside for 10 minutes before posting about the real world please.
Going outside isn't enough. You actually have to interact with people.

When you interact with people then you will start to get questions about things, like what phone it is you have.

You would know this if you spent 10 minutes with someone.
>>
>>60090953
>you're mad because I spent a bunch of money on a thing

what?
>>
>>60087826
>Walk outside with my S8
>Everyone is impressed about the lack of bezels
>Everyone thinks I'm rich as fuck when I really just got the S8 for cheap

Life's good
>>
>>60093772
How cheap ?
>>60087826
>normies not impressed by the S8
kek
>>
>>60090860
Not true, just like with the 7.0 update on the S7 and Note5, the default rendering mode is 1080p after the update because it saves battery, and most people can't see the difference.

If you need/want the extra resolution go to your display settings and there is an option to switch up to 1440p. Then restart your phone and the youtube app should do 1440p video fine.
>>
>>60087117
>infinite
I do not think this means what you think it means
>>
>>60087117
b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but you just flash a new PajeetROM and perform a factory reset every 2-3 months and it's j-j-j-j-j-j-j-just f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-fine...! a-apple is for f-fags...!! w-who cares if it's superior in design and implementation, I associate it with normies and hipsters and girls and therefore it's not cool and because everything revolves around my brand associations and personal insecurities i can't enjoy good technology even though i'll criticize others for allegedly vapid and shallow opinions! t-t-t-t-t-that's why android's the best...!
>>
>>60096178
Considering its an OLED screen that can turn pixels completely off it might as well be infinite
>>
>>60087826
>>60088003
3dpd, especially gold diggers
>>
>>60090796
>Nougat adds color adjustment.
manual color adjustments are not color management
Color management means you can have a display in P3 such as the iPhone 7 and still display srgb correctly.
not that you can manually switch to different color gamuts on a hunch.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_management

however, there are some hints for limited color management in the Android O preview:
https://twitter.com/nexusCFX/status/844238217666793472
tho it's unlikely that anything old but Pixel will be using that.

>Adaptive display is on by default but may be turned off.
somewhat better but still:
it's absurd to rate a device high when by default it can't display most content, which is in srgb, correctly.
also it never will be able to handle mixed content that's srgb and upcoming p3, which color management would enable.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.