[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do you even get a job that isn't webdev? Possibly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: liznew.png (193KB, 827x691px) Image search: [Google]
liznew.png
193KB, 827x691px
How the fuck do you even get a job that isn't webdev? Possibly without a degree.
>>
>>60086252
Connections.

Talk to people.

If you are referred by someone, you're already good to go. Just don't drop spaghetti and meatballs and you'll do fine.
>>
>>60086252
>Claim to be homotransmorphic of ten different minorities of ever increasing shades of brown with a handcrafted artificial vagina
>Watch as literally everyone goes out of their way to hire you
>You don't even have to work for a salary on top of that
>>
>>60086252
damn 3 months? she is quite the seasoned vet
>>
>>60086252
>without a degree.
you'll never get above codemonkey level
>>
>Software engineer
>Engineer
Fuck you people, you're making that work lose all worth and respect. I'm an environmental engineer whose license and the fact that another person can call themselves an engineer after 6 weeks of playing with notepad is disgusting. Can't wait for your industry to shit itself and all those jobs to be ship to india.
>>
I graduated, tried looking, found nothing. Tried to get junior positions that required no professional experience. Didn't get those despite having research work and plenty of side projects to demonstrate.

Only thing that worked was I re-applied for a position where my friend works. This time I was sure I wanted to move so they brought me on. Now three months later I've apparently done better than pretty much any intern they've had, am self sufficient largely and am pretty productive as far as most things go.

Pretty the only thing that works is knowing people, making friends during college, etc. If you have an internship or job experience on your resume that helps a bunch, connection works much better if they are willing to vouch for you.

If you don't have a degree though, you better be supremely good and just looking for a good company that will comp you for education because it's not going to happen. Even a simple degree in something unrelated will help.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.