[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soundbars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: serveimage.jpg (40KB, 1070x602px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
40KB, 1070x602px
Are "soundbars" any good or are they just a marketing meme? I've heard some have some built in subwoofers, but I imagine tiny, compact subwoofers must be pretty unimpressive. If they're shit by themselves, do they compliment a 2.1 sound system, like pic related?
>>
Wait, I'm dumb. That picture shows a "surround sound system" (the soundbar is front/center/right speakers, the other two are satellite speakers)
>>
They are preferable to the shitty speakers that they use in TVs these days
>>
>>60082957
This. Soundbars came into being because TVs are so thin you can't put proper speakers into them anymore. Also, it's a great way to make you purchase something separately and make more money.
>>
>>60082692
it's shit.
people that bought them are shitheads
>>
>>60083080
>>60082957
>>60083023
/thread
>>
>>60083146
>>60083080
>>60083023
Okay, thats what I thought....so would even a 2.1 computer speaker setup be better? I dont want surround, just 2 speakers and a sub.
>>
>>60083434
Honestly, just go for two good stereo speakers, if your budget and space allow it.
>>
File: 655PRCXSIDM48655[1].jpg (141KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
655PRCXSIDM48655[1].jpg
141KB, 800x600px
>>60082692
They're just speakers in a different form factor. They're as good or as bad as the maker makes them.

I got pic related (HW-K450) for $150 last Black Friday and it's the best sound I ever had from a TV. It connects wireless to my TV (also Samsung) so it's super neat on the shelf with only a thin power cable running to it (but you can do optical or HDMI passthrough if you don't want wireless, I don't give a fuck though). The sound is great and there's an option to add satellites for 4.1 setup.

Even if marketing makes soundbars seem like a meme they're really so much fucking neater than free standing speakers, whether they fit under the TV or are wall-mounted above it.
>>
>>60083974
>They're just speakers in a different form factor. They're as good or as bad as the maker makes them.
There are physical limits with sound.
>Even if marketing makes soundbars seem like a meme they're really so much fucking neater than free standing speakers, whether they fit under the TV or are wall-mounted above it.
implies poor placement and/or poor speakers
>>
>>60082692
They are better than the built in speakers but worse than an actual sound system.
>>
>>60082692
Soundbars are a meme. Obviously they're better than what a TV can offer but it's like buying a dirt bike when you need a street legal motorcycle. I think the worst part about it them is when you finally realize it's a dumb purchase, or something breaks, you have no flexibility to upgrade/fix

Get a 5.1 av receiver at the bare minimum. Used are often not a bad idea if it works well and isn't more than 5 years old, look to see if it has digital inputs like hdmi and toslink. Some people like having bluetooth, but adapters for 20 bucks can fill that void (at the loss of some audio quality)

Use the stock speakers/sub until you can upgrade or just frankenstein a full 5.1 setup as best you can. Hell, if cash is tight, just start with two speakers and go from there. The speakers you would need for good sound aren't too expensive. The key here is you can just get a new pair of speakers in a year or easily replace anything that breaks. I didn't like my 8 inch sub so I got a much nicer 10 in and now it bangs. I put the 8 on my computer and it's overkill, it's awesome.

If money is not an issue, get a new 7.2 av receiver. In a few years I hope to have one of those, but upgrading an actual receiver is quite expensive

I usually upgrade the front left and right speakers first and then the sub. I never have really ever gotten around to upgrading surround and center though
>>
They're shit. Get speakers with proper acoustics.
>>
>>60082692
Sound bars are the mix between MONO and STEREO.
It's a shitty narrow plastic piece of shit for sound.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.