[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else fell for the CS meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 1492971402501.png (99KB, 561x595px) Image search: [Google]
1492971402501.png
99KB, 561x595px
Who else fell for the CS meme?
>>
File: cs haha.png (28KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
cs haha.png
28KB, 1152x648px
here have some OC i made after switching from CS to CompE
>>
>>60075762
Currently falling for it. I did fine last semester when we were just doing Java but I'm seriously about to fail my C course I'm taking now. I wish I could start over.
>>
CS is only a meme if you do it at a meme school. If you think making 80+k starting is a meme, wow you need to rethink your memeology. And yes, those are viable figures for most top 25 schools in cs.
>>
>>60075762
I did. Making close to 200k.
Dankest meme ever
>>
I like the cs courses the calculus 2 and differential equations and physics and chemistry I could do without though
>>
I just want to contribute to god's temple
>>
>>60076430
brainlet
>>
File: 1493014805577.jpg (130KB, 832x1049px) Image search: [Google]
1493014805577.jpg
130KB, 832x1049px
>>60076068
>tfw the uni I'm transferring to only has mechE and petEng
>tfw I won't be able to math/cs/ee autism degree
>>
majored in cs
making $600k lol
>>
It's a fucking meme degree for pajeets. I switched to EE
>>
File: CS meme.png (420KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CS meme.png
420KB, 1920x1080px
Just because something is a meme doesn't mean it's bad.

Proof that the CS meme will land you a job, as long as you're fucking competent.

>3rd most wanted major in the corporate world

CS is the best fucking meme to fall for.
>>
>>60075762
That image is literally me, and I'm almost graduated.

I mean, I've got a job lined up that I'll have for a few years, but I still want to make games. Gonna start doing game jams once this semester's over.
>>
I've never met an EE or CE student that can write quality code. It's always C code that barely functions with 20+ compiler warnings and looks like total shit.

Funny thing is most of them will end up not finding a job after graduation (lol, of course) and end up as a webdev framework monkey.
>>
>>60076404
>80+k starting
Wageelette
>>
>>60077573
>end up as a webdev framework monkey
So? It's a job that a lot of people need filled, and I actually enjoy webdev (the backend server and HTML/CSS at least, haven't really gotten into JS yet).
>>
I did. Making 750$ now.
>>
File: Me101115c.jpg (24KB, 418x438px) Image search: [Google]
Me101115c.jpg
24KB, 418x438px
>>60077573
>>
>>60077596

I'm literally making exactly that right out of finishing my degree, but I am going to be working in the Silicon Valley so like at least 90% of that is going towards rent.

I don't know about other states or places, but I know in CA if you actually want to learn how to program you are probably better off going to a state school as opposed to a UC. The UCs focus way more on theory. On top of that, you aren't going to be as comparatively good since people in UCs tend to get better grades and work harder anyways. It's not like most employers really care where you got your degree from (if they care about a degree at all).
>>
I know people that had zero internships, zero personal projects, and sub 2.5 GPA and still landed kickass jobs.

so basically don't be a total fuck up and you can find a job somewhere. you might have to suck it up and do web development unfortunately. you might only make 50k a year. but CS will get you a job if you at least know what a for loop is and aren't CWC-level autistic
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.