[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Find a flaw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: Discord.png (11KB, 777x249px) Image search: [Google]
Discord.png
11KB, 777x249px
Find a flaw
>>
>>60071837
botnet
>>
>>60071837
https://discordapp.com/privacy
>>
>>60071837
sells your data
offers nothing that mumble/irc don't (other than normie access)
>>
>>60071837
Non-free software
>>
Bloated, doesn't save chatlogs locally.
>>
>>60071837
not irc
>>
>>60071837
if it had the ability to self-host and were open source, then i think it'd be a viable contender.
>>
proprietary
>>
>>60071837
>not open source
>can't self host
>>
>>60071837
tenzen
>>
>>60071837
the loading messages
>>
File: mio_chase.gif (612KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
mio_chase.gif
612KB, 800x450px
There are no flaws! Use it freely, goy.
>>
it's just a web page you autismos. like 4shit.
>>
File: kike shill.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
kike shill.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
Ran by (((them)))
>>
>literally a proprietary botnet

It's like using a website creator tool instead of making your own shit
>>
>>60071837
their system is so secure that entire chats were leaked everywhere due to the cloudflare html parser bug
>>
>>60072340
>>60071844
spyware =/= botnet
>>
>>60072405
source?
>>
>>60072458
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=1139#c5
>>
Expensive. ts/mumble is $5/server. Discord is $5/user for the full version.
People fight constantly because they can't have all the smileys because they haven't paid.

Worse uptime than alternatives.

"Servers" (Acctually just chatrooms) with power hungry admins.

Spyware.

No webm support, despite being a webapp.

Can implement censorship or more premium features at any time.
>>
>>60072138
>RELOADING THE R8
What the fuck where they thinking
>>
>"tell us how we can make our software better"
>>
>>60071837
We already have IRC.
>>
>>60073079
I fucking wish.
>>
File: 1454312455927.jpg (199KB, 500x565px) Image search: [Google]
1454312455927.jpg
199KB, 500x565px
[spoiler] https://discord.gg/GMhbUnS [/spoiler]

????
>>
>>60072049
In what regards? I have access to it on ALL my devices.
>>
>>60073937
I have access to Photoshop on all my devices, too.
>>
No webm preview
>>
>>60071837
poorly optimized cpu usage
>>
>>60075243
this
>>
>>60071837
One of their main programmers and admins is a complete immature child and you will be hearing about him for spying on users in the future and I can guarantee it from having to interact with him in a pro community for a certain game. He legitimately acts like a 15 year old, and he has been given immense power over all users.
>>
>>60071837
bloated, no binaries in my package manager and cant compile it because no source, privacy not allowed, cant host your own server, introduces nothing new that IRC/mumble didnt have, gaymerware messages and gay circle pictures
>>
>>60071837
my push to talk noise stop making noise then it freezes and i have to restart it and i dont know why.
>>
>>60071837
Can you find anything about this spyware trash that isn't a flaw?
>>
>>60071884
is it non free as in beer from a liquor store? or is it non free as in communism
>>
why do gamers get jewed so hard? are they just fucking dumb? we had workable solutions for this shit for literally two decades and they jump onto the platform that does nothing better than any of its predecessors.
>>
>>60076456

It's the complete lack of consumer protection in the industry. Every other industry has some form of regulation that prevents complete jewery and thievery to blatantly take place. That's not to say that it doesn't happen, but you have to be clever and discreet.

Whereas in the video game industry, you can advertise to hell and back product A for $60 bucks, and sell product B in its place; then claim "oh, its development;" And get away with murder.

And since the US makes up a big chunk of the gaming market, with most major publishers, development studios, and at least one of the three console makers, along with the only entity that has a stranglehold on operating systems and PC gaming; it has huge influence. On top of that, if you try to write to your congressman or senator asking for bills/laws that introduce some proper regulation to a multi-billion dollar money industry--they'll usually send a patronizing letter back: "thanks for your interests, but this shit is for children, we have bigger problems to solve. Fuck off." But worded far more politely.

Steam's refund system, which forced other digital shops to adopt the policy and even now Microsoft is adopting it for console digital sales, is one of the biggest steps in the right direction the industry has seen in several decades. But its not enough. The video game industry is a complete wild west, and simply not enough people in power who have the capacity to make laws, give a fuck enough, to prevent something like No Man's Sky or Watch Dogs (E3 vs reality) or the fact that just about every triple-A dev house demoes games running on GTX TITAN QUAD SLIs, and then releases a product that's 1/16th of what was shown.

If there was proper regulation, EA would be hit with a class action lawsuit worth hundreds of millions for having the gall to release something like Mass Effect Andromeda and claim its a finished product.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.