[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Asus GTX1080 Ti Strix Artifacting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: P_setting_000_1_90_end_500.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
P_setting_000_1_90_end_500.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
So I recently purchased one of these to upgrade from my two GTX980's in SLI. And straight out of the box and into my PC, it started to artifact.

I need help understanding why. Because last weekend I somehow managed to fix it by using my motherboards Bios to overclock my PC using its EZ Tuning Wizard. It worked great enough to run at 1810 MHz boost clock for a whole day without artifacting while before I had to downclock it to low 1400 MHz. But when I decided to further overclock my CPU (manually) to 4.2 GHz, the 1080 Ti has returned to artifacting like normal.

I am now unable to reproduce the solution no matter how many times I try to replicate the steps I took that made it work the first time.

I have already issued an RMA for it and an Asus customer loyalty guy wants to email me back and forth but has yet to reply back to me.

So I was wondering if anyone could shed some insight in what could be wrong with the video card?

>Temperatures aren't an issue, maybe the VRAM could be running hot but it has adequant cooling and I reapplied my own thermal paste thinking that was the first reason.
>Drivers aren't an issue. Up to date with clean installs.
>Clean install of Windows didn't fix it.
>Switching the card to different PCI-E's did not fix it.
>Power Supply is a 1000 watt platinum 80+, shouldn't be an issue.
>>
Bump. Interested in insight.
>>
>>60062716
it's ded. congratulations.
>>
yeah dont bother talking to asus
worst customer support in the business

just send it back to wherever you bought it from
>>
1080ti no good get titan xpp much better
>>
>>60062517

>He actually purchased an ASUS GPU

Found your problem OP
>>
File: puf800X689.gif (43KB, 500x431px) Image search: [Google]
puf800X689.gif
43KB, 500x431px
>ASUS
found your problem

Never buy that shit.
I would go Gigabyte or MSI but no fucking plebtier asus.
>>
what about asus mainboards?
>>
File: not_so_bad.png (3KB, 267x87px) Image search: [Google]
not_so_bad.png
3KB, 267x87px
>>60062517
maybe your psu doesn't have enough amps on the 12v rail. try undervolting the cpu at stock and see if it artifacts
>>60062748
Maybe this was true years ago, just sent in a 390x with a corrupt bios, fearing the worst. Easy rma and it's on it's way back 2 days after they recieved it. Hopefully it's fixed.
>>60063412
>gigabytethedust
>>
novideo strikes again
>Make a mid tier GPU
>Budget cuts everywhere
>Sell it for $700 due to lack of competition
>plebs still buy it
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.