[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GNU IceCat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_20170425_001947.png (225KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170425_001947.png
225KB, 720x720px
>2017
>Not using GNU IceCat on your BlackBerry 10 device

What's your excuse, /g/?
>>
I buy better memes and don't run commie software.
>>
>>60062215
bb10 os is not a meme
it is a glorious qnx-based mobile operating system with its core gui components built upon qt

it is better than anything else on the market
>>
File: Screenshot_20170425-190718.png (227KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170425-190718.png
227KB, 1080x1920px
i'm good with icecat on lineage on my s4
>>
>>60062862
This is true, but the fact that it has no native apps for popular communication tools like whatsapp (or has the deadline been increased?) or telegram makes it useless. Yes, you can install the APKs, but the notifications of android apps does not work well with the BBHub, which makes them useless.
>>
>>60063058
jesus that's a lot of tabs
>>
>>60063118
i don't actually use my phone for browsing much
my desktop on the other hand... i have 225 tabs open
>>
How do I install it?
>>
>>60062007
Will it ever update its firefox base?
>>
>>60063131
I've never understood this, why not just "bookmark all tabs" and go back to them when you want to?
>>
>>60063133
via fdroid

takes about 6 minutes to install on bb10's android runtime because icecat is just a slightly more fossed up version of firefox and firefox is goddamn huge.
>>
>>60063143
i'll forget about them if i just bookmark everything i look away from for a moment
i have only a small handful of bookmarks, things i rarely come back to *and* have difficulty remember the name of

if you use chrome or similar, you might find it hard to imagine managing so many tabs, but it's just the browser, it's not made for people who use >10 tabs or so
>>
>>60063139
It's based on firefox ESR and inherits all updates from that.
There was a period where Icecat was barely maintained, but that's not the case anymore.
>>
>>60063139
it's always based on the latest of the older esr branch.

>>60063074
whatsapp'll still work for a few more months i think. i've never used it though. thing works great for managing my 7 email accounts, multiple google calendars, tons of photos and music, and texting and calls and running most android apps (and what bb10 native apps i use are very slick). most responsive mobile OS i've ever used.
>>
>>60063074
somehow, NOT having the content of my messages in telegram showing up on my HUB seems more like a security feature than a flaw. I tend to be a pretty big fan of the android apps and notification system being limited on the hub, and only blinking a light/ showing an over all notification that the app has new information. Its running on a software abstraction layer anyhow, it is exactly like complaining pidgin on debian, inside your VMware Player program on windows cannot give you toast notifications through the windows GUI.

And to be 100% fair, telegram uses its own notification background services and does not exactly work well on android either. If you turn off its always-on notification service, it will randomly self terminate as well. Sometimes the service causes issues with notifications randomly turning off after a while, or cause other weird interplay conflicts with the android notification system
>>
>>60064299
also forgot to mention that telegram does show the names of the contacts that have sent you new stuff on the BB10 hub, just not the content of what has been sent.

the point of telegram and whatsapp are to provide some (albeit i have no idea how much) level of privacy over your digital communication. Having it push information such as text to your hub or android tray seem like that would be a conflict with their stated goals of absolute security.

On windows and linux, they do not show you the name of who has just sent you a message, or the content. Just a red marker on the taskbar icon. Its toast notifications are handled internally and not passed on to the host OS nor its title bar name amended to show the new message.
>>
>>60062007
more distros should put icecat in their repos
>>
File: 1490773283790.gif (489KB, 380x300px) Image search: [Google]
1490773283790.gif
489KB, 380x300px
>>60063058
I have LineageOS.
W-Where I can download GNU IceCat?
>>
>>60065058
it's on f-droid as IceCatMobile
>>
File: ?.png (265KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
?.png
265KB, 512x512px
>>60063074
Because i use IceFoxe
>>
The stock browser's already pretty great
>>
>>60062007
Cute logo.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.