[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TWRP USB Debugging Issue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1467001568147.jpg (182KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1467001568147.jpg
182KB, 1024x1024px
I've asked this on XDA and the Note 4 subreddit to no avail.

USB debugging doesn't work when I'm in TWRP. Even if it's activated in developer's mode. This effectively prevents me from flashing a ROM that requires a custom recovery and not Odin.

I've tried certain remedies that haven't worked. Different TWRP versions do nothing. Neither do different cables, because the one I use is the only one recognized by both Odin and my PC.

Any ideas on wha I can do?
>>
>>60061183
>USB debugging
You mean adb? Nigga you don't need that to flash a ROM. All that's required is putting the ROM zip(s) on the SD card or internal storage and flash it with the Install button in TWRP.
>>
>>60061220
Yeah, I meant ADB. I know I can flash it over my existing ROM but won't that just further use up more space instead of wiping it it and then clean installing it?
>>
>>60061295
TWRP has a wipe button that basically factory resets your phone but leaves the SD card and internal storage alone. This might be what you're looking for, infact it is recommended when changing ROMs.
>>
>>60061329
Do you mean Format Data? What happens to the existing space written up by the ROM? Is it just replaced?
>>
>>60061352
Yes you can't really save any space as far as that goes since the system partition is set to a fixed size based on the stock ROM. I believe this cannot be changed. So if the stock ROM has 5gb of bloatware there will always be 5gb set aside even if you install a smaller ROM. It may be possible to repartition but this is difficult and risky. One thing that can be done with the newfound empty space in system is move user apps to it with System App Mover but this can be buggy and doesn't seem worth it.
>>
>>60061455
Makes sense. I just tried Format Data and it wiped my internals. The old ROM is still there. But that was one of my issues. I'm guessing the only thing now is to just see if I can flash over it.
>>
>USB debugging doesn't work in TWRP

Well no fucking shit, you moron, USB debugging is meant for use when the phone is actually running Android because that's the software in use: Android Debug Bridge aka ADB. It will not function when Android isn't running.

What you are trying to say in actuality is that your phone doesn't have a download mode (LG and others) or a fastboot mode aka "Odin mode" (Motorola/Samsung/etc) that allows you to flash firmware to the device.

TWRP itself IS A CUSTOM RECOVERY, you fucking idiot, and it's primary purpose is to allow you to flash ROMs amongst many other capabilities (backups, formatting, terminal, etc).

You really should stop fucking around with that device, you're going to brick it.

But then again, by all means, brick it but leave us the fuck alone with such stupid questions.

Now get the fuck out.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.