[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - stupid questions thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 343
Thread images: 45

File: 1469135080572.jpg (42KB, 500x497px) Image search: [Google]
1469135080572.jpg
42KB, 500x497px
Post your simple/small/stupid questions
Take at least 10 seconds to google first

Old Thread: >>60040720
>>
Repostan from previous thread

My CPU recently started cutting out due to high temperatures, it seems to "spike" randomly which pushes it above the trigger threshold and shuts my PC down.

What could be causing this?
>>
File: braswell_06.png (246KB, 1361x764px) Image search: [Google]
braswell_06.png
246KB, 1361x764px
whats a good bench for cpus?

something that would show differences between low tier, middle tier and high tier cpus.

I am dealing with some low tier notebooks, and recently the low priced offering started to all have the 4 core pentiums, more similar to Atom SoC, rather than cut down i3 cpus, like the previous pentiums were.

And I feel it being slow when I am installing shit on them and setting them up, but I would like specific numbers rather than just feeling that firefox took extra 4 seconds to startup.

for gpus I love unigin valley, it does not feel bias and gives good idea of performance of cards.

what would you recommend that you used? cinebench? geekbench? javascript sunspider?
>>
>>60055622
what are your regular temps? cuz wtih i5 6600k and old hyper 212+ I am under 30°C, so spikes in load would have to be extreme to put it above 90 or whenever it shuts down

but if you fly at 50-60 at idle...
anyway, reinstall os
>>
>>60055622
I dunno what the cause could be, but you could try reapplying your thermal paste and/or cleaning the dust from the inside of the computer.

My question is: Does anyone know of a website that would allow me to host a simple webpage with just HTML and JS anonymously and for free? I could do it with github but my site would definitely be breaking their TOS.
>>
What are good things to talk about, when you speak to girls?

I'm beginning to be legitimately concerned, that I have lost the ability to talk about anything but computers.
>>
>>60055791
Running at 50-60 typical , running games pushes that to the 80's which means that spiking causes me to shutdown.

I've tried re-applying paste as >>60055822 and cleaning the fans thoroughly, why would reinstalling my OS help? Thats something I really dont wanna do
>>
Enabling Ultra Fast boot in UEFI settings makes it unable to boot Windows 10 even though there is an EFI partition.
Disabling CSM (or setting anything CSM related to UEFI) results in exactly the same behavior. It just goes straight to booting from Realtek PXE boot device.

Everything boots with CSM set to Legacy and Ultra Fast boot disabled. Windows Boot Manager shows up in boot devices menu in this case also, but no boot devices (except Realtek PXE IPv4 and 6 and Built-in UEFI) do if I enable Fast Boot or disable CSM/set it to UEFI.

Inb4 GPU is RX480 and supports GOP BIOS.

What do I do to make Windows bootable in pure UEFI/CSM disabled/Ultra Fast mode?
>>
how do you crack secure tripcodes?
>>
Same ram guy from old thread here, the old ram fits and clicks, new ram does not. What the fug
>>
>>60055882
you don't.
>>
File: 1452888855836.gif (2MB, 643x539px) Image search: [Google]
1452888855836.gif
2MB, 643x539px
>>60055822
http://www.hostingadvice.com/how-to/free-web-hosting/

>>60055837
https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/29004-101-things-to-talk-to-a-girl-about
>>
>>60055861
>Running at 50-60 typical , running games pushes that to the 80'
nigger if thats a desktop you need to buy a new heatsink
tower one, cryorig is very popoular now, be sure it fits in to the case
that its wide enough
>>
>>60055861
You don't need to actually reinstall your OS to find out if it's an issue with your OS.
Just run it off of another OS for a while, use a linux live usb for some stress testing, and if that doesn't provoke the error to show its face, jam a spare harddisk in the tower with a parallel install (same games and shit)..
>>
>>60055909
Hey, I googled it and I couldn't find a good one.
Thanks for the article man, I found one on there that fulfilled my needs.
>>
>>60055886
Recap for advice:

>corsair vengeance ram
>asus board circa 2012
>won't "click" into place

How hard of a push is too hard? It just seems to fit one end but loose on the other. Is this like a Ddr3 vs 4 thing?
>>
What are some good, recommended free hosting for small sites, like Wordpress private site with pictures galleries and such?
>>
w2c Windows 10 Enterprise iso?
>>
How the hell am I supposed to implement unit testing into a huge project when none of the shit is even broken up into methods effectively? It's basically getters, setters, and some methods for DB calls, and the rest is just long procedural files thousands of lines long, and fucking scriptlets...
>>
File: 1461481960335.jpg (173KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1461481960335.jpg
173KB, 640x480px
>find old .zip called "WindowBreakXP"
>i wonder what this is
>open the .exe in it
>immediately remember a thread from two years ago I got this from
>changes mouse settings
>lowest possible resolution
>8 bit color mode
Ohohoho fuck. I fixed the resolution and mouse, what else did this thing do?
>>46785961
>>
File: stolen phone location.png (433KB, 1413x867px) Image search: [Google]
stolen phone location.png
433KB, 1413x867px
So some scrote just stole my phone from my hand in a bike drive by scenario.

So I've gone through my botnet programs, locked, wiped, left a mean message and set self destruct now.

What realistically can they do with the phone now? I know they can take the msd out, but that had almost nothing on it.

I am also going through changing passwords and stuff now.
>>
File: 1483970942312.png (786KB, 680x885px) Image search: [Google]
1483970942312.png
786KB, 680x885px
clisp noob here, just started last week. working my way through syntax and structure. The things i'm doing now involve parsing a tree with two branches. this checks to see if i a word is in the tree:

(defparameter tree '("n" ("in" ("pin" ("spin" nil nil) ("pint" nil nil))
("ink" ("sink" nil nil) ("inky" nil nil))) ("on" ("son" ("sons" nil nil)
("song" nil nil)) ("one" ("gone" nil nil) ("ones" nil nil)))))
(defun print-tree (tree word)
(if (null tree) nil
(progn
(print (string= word (first tree)))
(print-tree (second tree) word)
(print-tree (third tree) word))))
(print-tree tree "gone")

this is a really stupid question but if I wanted to rewrite this so it only prints 'T' or 'NIL' once instead of NIL or T for each item in the list, how would I begin to do that? (i'm coming from C and Python, this is zonkers to me)
>>
:~> sudo guestmount -a sdv.qcow2 --inspector --ro /mnt/VirtHD

I have to use the file manager in Super User Mode in order to even see its contents.

How do I allow the user to at least read?
>>
>>60056663
please respond
>>
>>60057192
it sends an email to everyone in your address book that just says
nigger
>>
>>60057202
that's not what it does at anon
>>
What's a decent cheap soldering iron? I know the WES51 and 888D are highly recommended but they are almost 200AUD.
>>
>>60057211
stop sending me these emails
>>
>>60057229
I have the WESD51 and it's awesome. I know it's a little more money but you're going to want something reliable--trust me. This comes after years of buying those cheap ones and having them crap out on me all the time.
>>
>>60055868
nuke and boot. something is fucky
>>
Should I get a RX 480 to replace my he 7950? This is going into an htpc to play some gamez all running at 1080p
>>
If I use a usb external HDD when it's not being powered properly, will I damage it? It's working but it's acting up
>>
File: L20_03.jpg (42KB, 750x480px) Image search: [Google]
L20_03.jpg
42KB, 750x480px
what are some handy uses for an old android phone? everything works and the battery last a week with normal use
>>
>>60057410
I know there is a project out there to turn it into a webcam/security cam..sorta fun
>>
File: 1446512631569.gif (1MB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1446512631569.gif
1MB, 540x540px
>>60056663
A restart fixed it all. I feel stupid now
>>
>>60056199
youve got it around the wrong way if one side refuses to sit in

its ok i did the same thing on my build last week, thought i fucking snapped the dimm i was pushing so hard. was just backwards.

>>60056246
wordpress private sites. why dont you want to use them even though you said they do what you wanr

>>60056663
>640x480 16 color mode
>slowest imaginable mouse speed, well slower than you can set in Control Panel
>randomly select left handed mode so sometimes the buttons are swapped
>password protected "Starfield" screen saver starts in 1 second
>ridiculous color scheme
>crazy window metrics and giant font, taskbar takes up half the screen and a title bar takes half of what's left
>move the start button to the middle of the taskbar and change its text to "CLICK HERE TO BEGIN" or similar so it's massively wide
>set a joke message in the "legal notice" box you can make it display before the login screen

https://warosu.org/g/thread/46785049#p46785502

Just DBAN. You dun goofed.

>>60056803
sweet fuck all. once its cloud locked like that it is literallyt worthless.

>>60057359
470. CHeaper, and you can get an asstonne of VRAM for cheap. 7950 is still fucking good, is it not playing things?

>>60057387
what do you mean

>>60057410
throwing it out
kali/nethunter
>>
File: 1455059443491.png (76KB, 694x801px) Image search: [Google]
1455059443491.png
76KB, 694x801px
>>60057475
>Just DBAN. You dun goofed.
Actually no need to, the software that anon made was designed to only fuck around with XP. While some features of it worked on Windows 7 + 8 (another anon confirmed it on 8), they didn't do the taskbar fucking around, color scheme, or screensaver.
>>
>>60057490
I just assumed you were on XP.
>>
Hypothetically... if my friends hot af sister wants to boy my old laptop how much trouble can I get into if I install a keylogger that logs keystroke , records skype calls, and takes screenshots then automatically emails me the logs?
>>
>>60057502
>I just assumed you were on XP.
Glad I'm not desu. If you think about it though, the anon mentioned he made a malicious version of it, but he had only gave the temporary one. I wonder what I'll do with it besides renaming it to "do not open, nigger"
>>
File: Untitled.png (142KB, 1041x735px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
142KB, 1041x735px
>>60055597
Why doesn't captcha show up after I installed 4chanx?
>>
>>60057475
>sweet fuck all. once its cloud locked like that it is literallyt worthless.

Even on a samsung a3-16? Or is it a meme androids are less secure. Well this is probably the one time I'll be happy with some botnet features.
>>
>>60055597
What happened to Mempo?
>>
>>60057552
they are less secure, but not how you think. malicious apps in the app store, google handing over data. apple was one of the last to get on board with stopping people from wiping stolen phones. shits impossible nowdays. this aint 2012 anymore breh.
>>
File: Dell-standard-keyboard[1].jpg (89KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Dell-standard-keyboard[1].jpg
89KB, 800x600px
how do I remove the DELL logo that is printed on this keyboard?
>>
Do you think Microsoft sometimes compare how they are doing things in the NT kernel to Linux to ensure that any given solution is at worst just equal to the Linux version?
>>
>>60057667
>>
>>60057667
its glued on there lol
use a heat gun or hairdryer to melt the glue a bit and use a knife to raise the logo off.
There will still be a lowered section that says DELL though
>>
File: file.png (9KB, 626x124px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
9KB, 626x124px
Trying to make a simple GitHub Pages site, why does æ, o and å show up as � when I upload my file with the GitHub client?

I do have <meta charset="utf-8"> in the <head>
>>
Should I buy a cheap or an expensive VGA to HDMI adapter. Are there any differences in quality?
>>
>>60057676
no. bash adoption into windows was not to give windows extra features. it was to strip linux of anything special and unique about it.
>>
>>60057930
buy a handful of cheap ones if that isless than the expensive one
>>
>>60057475
I tried it both ways, but still no go... Pretty much just aligned the slot in the middle.

Is it possible that it's just ddr4 ram in a ddr3 mobo? I have to double check but could that cause the one end to not seat?

I'll try it again when I'm home from work, and try to figure out my mobo make. Like I said, asus from like 2010-12, it's an older build just getting upgraded.
>>
>>60058041
>Is it possible that it's just ddr4 ram in a ddr3 mobo?
wtf
nigger
no.
ddr3 ram only goes into ddr3 boards.
ddr2 ram only goes into ddr2 boards.
ddr1 ram only goes into ddr1 boards.

what do you think happens to ddr4...?
>>
Why does my computer get extremely slow after about 4-6 hours of use? It struggles to load anything and if I'm playing a game, I'll get massive and frequent lag spikes. It immediately goes back to its normal very fast speed when I restart the computer. I checked to see if I have malware or viruses but the scanner detected nothing. This seems to happen once a year, and I had to reinstall windows the last 2 times it happened. My OS is on an ssd

Tldr; computer randomly gets cripplingly slow until I restart it. Why and what should I do?
>>
>>60057808
Check the file encoding
>>
>>60057475
7950 is still good I just want to play things at a higher fps.
>>
>>60058136
check speccy when it lags

sounds like its getting hot
>>
>>60058152
I still recommend 470. Its what i got to replace my r9.
>>
>>60058149
how?
>>
>>60058069
I guess I have to check out my board. I assumed it was ddr4. Guess that's why I'm in the sqt
>>
I have iOS 9.3.5 in my iPhone 6, I want to know if I can full jailbreak my phone and if I can how ?
>>
>>60058205
if your board is fine maybe offload the ram

because a new board means a new gpu too

and since you havent poked around in there since 2012, id say you should go a new psu too since its 5-6 years old.

and since itll be full of crap, youll get a new case too.

fuck i hate so much how good gear is made obselete because one fuckign thing dies.
>>
>>60058214
jailbreak.me

webbased launcher thatll tell you what you need to know
>>
Is it safe to remove orphaned packages in YaST Sofware Management?

Some of them appear to be actual programs I use.

I suppose I can remove all the ones starting with 'lib'?
>>
>>60058239
I returned the ram and I'm gonna go back to my old 8gig sticks and try for ddr3
>>
I've got to make a database and make VB.Net mess with it for an assignment. I don't want to download Microsoft's stupid trial shit for one assignment. I have Libre Base. Will it work well enough and be compatible with VB?
I know Writer saves in docx but sometimes it seems to be funky with that, and this is to mess with another Microsoft product.
>>
It's my birthday today. I was given a 360fly camera (not the 4k version).
What am I supposed to do with it? Im a graphic designer, and I have a Nikon DSLR for photos.... I don't know what to do with this thing.
What use is poor quality 360 video to me?
>>
File: image.png (43KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
43KB, 750x1334px
>>60058254
Can't connect
>>
>>60058334
I remember you from /dpt/ I was the guy who suggested Python. Be carefully using the Open Source stuff with windows and expecting it to work the same. Never has for me :-/
>>
>>60058430
Wasn't me to be honest. Besides this is for a college assignment and the class is using VB so I don't have a choice. That's my fear, but really don't feel like downloading that stupid trial shit and installing such bloated shit on my computer.
>>
>>60058501
ah my mistake. Hey do what you have to do to get good grades. You can worry about bloat later.
>>
>>60058534
I'd compare such a thing to being forced to suck a dick you don't want to suck to get good grades. Somethings you just don't want to do, even for good grades.
>>
>>60058759
Consider your weaknesses and don't make them weaknesses anymore.

Like, for example, if you're bisexual and ashamed about people knowing you'd love to suck a cock, you really need to get over that or else a potential doxxer can use that against you.

I mean, after that, how could somebody blackmail you if you're open about that?
>>
>>60058347
Film your suicide, post it here
>>
>>60058759
Here's a simple rule. Don't be you. If you have to be you, don't be you specifically. This includes language (how you articulate ideas for example), where you live, things unique to you, etc.

For me it's become a habit to stop myself when writing posts at times and noticing the uniqueness of my post could identify me.

It becomes schizophrenic, but it's not like you'll go mad.
>>
>>60058971
I've actually been doing this, in a very minor way. I love dumb puns, but not only do I try and cut down on the puns on certain profiles, but I make sure never to tell the same pun on different profiles.
>>
Does anyone know where I can find some RMS x Snowden R34?
>>
Looking for a to-do/checklist app that let's me set "every three days" for an event instead of a daily recurrence.
>>
I upgraded my 7870 to a 1050ti. how bad did I fuck up?
>>
So, the only reason to use polymorphism in C++ is to be able to use a pointer of the base class, but use the overridden functions of the derived ones? Am I missing something? All of the material I've come across tries to draw this point.
>>
What's a good brand for laptop HDDs? Also RAM
>>
>>60059452
Toshiba or Seagate

/g/ is full of gaymer kids that will tell you to waste money on overpriced shit
>>
I really need to buy a nice chair for when I'm drawing at the computer, can anyone recommend any models sold at Staples or another US store?
>>
>>60059511
Get a lazy boy and a keyboard/tabley tray/stand
Best decision in your life
>>
Technically not a "stupid" question, but I don't see a thread for Android. Is there a reason Google Keyboard's swype typing lags? Is there a better alternative, with possible better performance?
>>
>>60059233
Bump
>>
>>60059511
probably moreso than a chair, reassess how you're positioned as you draw and how you can improve upon it. Which might include putting your drawing tablet up at an angle
>>
File: Capture.png (24KB, 1223x418px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
24KB, 1223x418px
Can somebody write a bit of Python code to accomplish pic related?

thanks
>>
File: bankersAlgo.png (73KB, 676x465px) Image search: [Google]
bankersAlgo.png
73KB, 676x465px
Need some help with bankers algorithm. A basic conceptual question.
Part be asks if a request from p1 (1,1,0,0) can be immediately granted.

the adjusted need and allocation for p1 would be
Alloc(4,2,2,1), need = (1,0,3,1)
given that need of resource C is bigger than the allocation, we cannot execute p1.

However, if we execute other processes first enough of resource C open up and you can execute p1.

Now the point i'm getting at is does the request being granted immediately mean if the the request can be the first one executed, or that it can eventually be executed?
>>
>>60055760
Userbench is easy and has comparisons for pretty much every chip.
>>
do cell phone companies not provide contract signing/upgrade bonuses anymore? I looked at verizon and t-mobile and the only shit I'm seeing are those garbage deals where you have to pay a monthly fee for the phone ON TOP of your service plan
>>
>>60059757
Can you rewrite the question in English first?
>>
>>60059959
It boggles my mind how fucked up the phone industry is. It's so bizarre to me that there is virtually no used cellphone market and that new phones cost so damn much when they really are just raspberry pi's with a screen and battery attached to them.
>>
Anyone knows if this type of RAM will work on a Z68 mobo?

https://www.serversupply.com/MEMORY/PC3-8500/16GB/SAMSUNG/M393B2K70CM0-CF8Q5.htm
>>
File: anime-girl-questionmark.jpg (176KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
anime-girl-questionmark.jpg
176KB, 1280x1024px
I feel so fucking dumb. I'm writing a C++ program in Visual Studio. I found this neat little project to parse .ini files with called inih (https://github.com/benhoyt/inih). It contains a C source file and a header file. Can I add these to my project without copying them?
>>
>>60060051
>I'm writing a C++ program in Visual Studio.
>in Visual Studio
Can't cure full retard.
>>
>>60059971
Not that guy, but I'm guessing the problem is reversing the first string and comparing it with the second(which string is picked is arbitrary) and if they are the same, print out Salamander or something.
>>
>>60060051
What do you mean "without copying them"?
You'd probably put the files into your project so the header will be included and C source linked in.
>>
>>60060093
Like to add SDL I simply referenced the libary via linker and compiler options and stuff. Can I do the same for this?
>>
>>60060073
keep going anon, you almost look like an oldfag and will get the approval of your /g/ big bros soon!
>>
>>60060116
nigga, I've had consistent approval since 2012.
>>
>>60060133
damn
>>
>>60060085
I got it, with an if statement
str1 = input("Enter the first word:")
str2 = input("Enter the second word:")
if str1 == str2[::-1]:
print("This is a semordnilap.")
else:
print("This is not a semordnilap.")

>>
Just installed a new video card. It works in VGA/basic driver mode. Try to install Nvidia drivers and I get no output.
Driver sweeper'd and tried again, same issue.
Let Windows try its Windows Update drivers, still no output
Tried skipping the installer and pointing device manager to the drivers, still lose output.

Any ideas?

Oh and fuck Microsoft for having no keyboard command to get into safe mode. Had to use a recovery disk to get to a command prompt to put boot in legacy mode just to get a 1 in 10 chance of F8 registering in time.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (91KB, 920x760px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
91KB, 920x760px
>>60055597
So I broke something. Cannot access, download to or get any info from my Saved Games folder. Any idea how to restore it? It was connected to my old E drive but I formatted it without thinking.
>>
>>60060178
Don't write anything to your E drive.
Get PhotoRec. Use it.

Have fun trying to figure out which files are savegames and shit.
>>
>>60060105
Sure, you can make a library of that, and then compile against headers and link to it.

If it's on windows, you might have to add DLL exports to classes to expose some though.
>>
>>60060202
Welp.
>>
>>60060178
Isn't there chkdsk that you can run?
Might be fucked if not.
>>
>>60060281
Found no issues. That's okay though, I can live without it until I reinstall which i'll be doing soon. The Saved Games folder in my c://user folder still works, it's just the one in the "This PC" that's fucked
>>
File: what msvc.png (9KB, 430x222px) Image search: [Google]
what msvc.png
9KB, 430x222px
what the fuck is this and how did the compiler emit this?

As far as i can tell it does literally nothing, including side effects.
>>
How do I get VB .Net to let the user define the filename and file location to save at? Anytime I try SaveAsDialog nothing works. Though I'm aware it will save the filename because of how I put it, but VB throws errors at me if I don't enter one in.

Here's my code so you can tell me how stupid I am.
Dim dataFile As StreamWriter
If SaveAs.ShowDialog() = DialogResult.OK Then
dataFile = File.CreateText("data.txt")
dataFile.Write("test ")
dataFile.WriteLine(" ")
dataFile.Write("test 2")
dataFile.Close()
End If
>>
>>60060051
It would probably be a safer bet to compile them on their own in pure C and link them into your project dynamically. C++ isn't completely backward compatible with C
>>
Are e-textbooks worth it

I'm trying to go all-tablet for my summer semester, and not carrying books seems appealing, but at the same time, they cost almost the same, and for no reason (you can sell back text books)

Tell me if its worth it, /g/
>>
>>60060558
pirate them dipshit
>>
Speedfan shows my 970 is getting as hot as 84c under pressure and I can't figure out why. My i7 barely gets to 60 under heavy stress.

This shit doesn't wanna cool ;_;

help
>>
>>60060178
Run Recuva.
Backup.
Full format instead fast format.
Return them.
>>
>>60060558
http://libgen.io/
>>
>>60060578
Check Speccy or Hwmonitor temps.
Buy a sidefan or more fans in general, make your case pressure negative.
>>
>>60060173
Did you connect your monitor to the GPU isntead the motherboard?
>>
>>60060578
You're comparing internal vs standalone
There is nothing wrong with 84C peak
>>
>>60060042
All RAM will work on it.
New RAM will just downclock.
>>
File: IMG_1854.jpg (35KB, 383x354px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1854.jpg
35KB, 383x354px
Is it ever permissible to buy a premade desktop from an electronics store?
>>
>>60060567
>>60060591
you think i haven't tried that?
one only has the 2e when I need the third, and most the other books i need aren't found, either
>>
>>60060644
no
>>
>>60060621

Can someone confirm this? I heard some CPUs/mobos can't handle single 16GB sticks, let alone 2.
>>
>>60060644
No, you will get charged $100-200.
>>
>>60060650
there's a guy on fiverr that is retardedly good at finding E-books. Trust me, he can find it even if you can't.
>>
File: Upgradan.png (24KB, 542x464px) Image search: [Google]
Upgradan.png
24KB, 542x464px
My PC seems to be having troubles, I assume it's the CPU/Motherboard holding it back and it's time to upgrade it.
Am I right? If so, what type of motherboard and CPU should I be looking at? I'm assuming i5/i7 for CPU.
>>
>>60060727
AMD sucks in general, those arent the correct temperatures.
Check them with Hwmonitor.

Depends how much you wanna spend:
Not a lot: Locked I5 and B250.

Lots:
Unlocked I5 and a Z270 motherboard.

Read Logicalincrements.com
>>
>>60060727
Your CPU is bottlenecking your GPU.
>>
>>60060605
Yes. Mobo doesn't even have a DVI-I connector.
6 pins are connected as well. Even tried swapping out one for a molex to 6 pin.
>>
>>60060796
Yeah, speccy is known to be unreliable with tempatures, but it still lists all the correct parts in my PC.

>>60060804
How so?
>>
>>60060841
Check if it works with Linux.
Make a Linux USB.
>>
>>60060844
Your CPU is too weak to work together with your GPU so its not used at 100%.
Its called CPU bottleneck.
>>
"Mr. McCann, I can't believe I'm saying this, but it seems to me your psychiatric issues, not your bariatric issues, are the root of your problem. You can try as hard as you will to stop eating so much, but I guarantee you just don't have the willpower, and I can tell you why right now: your willpower is locked away in a very dark place, Mr. McCann. You can't expect to 'care about your health' or have your body 'trust you' if you yourself have never been cared for and don't know how to trust others. You need to forgive what your father did to you."
>>
>>60060858
Hey fatty. Yeah you, fatty with the shitty childhood. It's called "stupid questions thread," not "quote your psychiatrist."

Some fucking people, I swear to god.
>>
>>60060796
any i5 and B250 or any specific ones you'd recommend. [spoiler]I'm still a bit of a novice at PC stuff[/spoiler]

>>60060857
Yeah I knew the CPU was the biggest problem.
>>
Is there an Android SMS app that lets you mute alerts from specific users?
>>
>>60060848
I'll try that tomorrow, along with setting BIOS to defaults.

My monitor's always been finicky, needing to be turned off and then on when booting into Windows or else it sits in a loop flashing "no output" then resetting. I'll try a different monitor as well, since maybe the card is failing to detect it once the drivers are loaded.
>>
File: 1490547705570.png (485KB, 720x1168px) Image search: [Google]
1490547705570.png
485KB, 720x1168px
If I use the W10 LTSB iso from their website, will it really only limit me to 90 days, or can I just keep using it without activating it like normal W10?
>>
>>60060996
I5-7500 and MSI B250 Mortar or PC Mate.

But you should either look for a unlocked I5 so I5-7600K and a Z270 motherboard.
Or look into Ryzen instead.
>>
>>60055597
I run my Ps4 into my secondary monitor, and usually I can just press the input button and it will cycle to the HDMI channel and show my PS4. Lately it will just go to HDMI for a few seconds then cycle back to the computer input on DVI. It is an Acer S241HL.

I assume the PS4 is waiting to detect an HDMI connection before it starts to put out a picture, but the monitor is too quick for it. Is there a way to disable my monitor hopping back to DVI automatically? My google-fu shows that people only want to abuse the auto switch and not disable it.

Also why does it work some of the time and not others?

My annoying fix is to turn ps4 on and unplug the DVI until it picks the PS4 up,
>>
>>60061043
>their website
meaning Microsofts website.
>>
File: 85d.png (278KB, 400x426px) Image search: [Google]
85d.png
278KB, 400x426px
alright I'm building a PC. the only parts I got in the mail so far were the case and the power supply but I wanna get those two outta the way before I get the other pieces. Thing is, the case comes with a fan which I'm not sure I should use or not since I'm already getting a decent fan as part of the build. Should I even bother buying an adapter to connect it to the power supply or just ignore it completely until the actual fan arrives? Link is the case and yes, I know, I cheaped out

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/wMZ2FT/rosewill-case-srm01
>>
>>60061054
There are no pics of the top of the case, are there more fan slots on top? (Mine has 2). If there are I would use the extra up there for increased airflow.
>>
>>60061071
the top is completely solid
>>
>>60061083
The one you ordered will likely be better, unless you got ripped off lol, just keep the stock one around, you'll need it eventually.
>>
>>60061094
the one I'm getting is the wraith spire, which is already bundled with the ryzen 5 1600 I'm getting. If it doesn't fit I'll just buy one since I'm getting the spire as part of buying the CPU anyway
>>
>>60061116
too bad your case will block the glow
>>
People comment on kaby lake being shit and how it stutters constantly, but I haven't had this issue. Is it something that is going to happen eventually? Did I get a golden chip? Is this all mostly memes?
>>
>>60061130
nah that's fine. I'm just a fish market worker saving pennies to squeeze all the performance possible off a budget-midrange pc amalgamation, so aesthetics were thrown out the window long ago. thanks for the input anon
>>
>>60061046
Thanks man, I appreciate the help.
>>
When my step family comes home, our already shitty internet speed comes nearly to a halt because of their endless background netflix watching and constant ipad / phone use. Theyre literally the worst. Is there any way i can throttle everyone elses devices besides mine with software?
>>
>>60061188
many routers have QoS functionality
>>
is there any way I can get DirectX12 games to run on Linux without running Windows 10 in a VM?
>>
>>60061258
Fuck no
>>
>>60055597
I have to move from Outlook because Windows 10 is being douchy, I've narrowed down to eM Client or Thunderbird. Something I would like to have is the ability to open the email on a different window rather than in the program's browser.
Which one would you /g/ents recommend me?
>>
File: cccc.png (133KB, 1912x944px) Image search: [Google]
cccc.png
133KB, 1912x944px
Does anybody know how to fix micro stuttering? Shit is in every game and annoying as fuck. Pic related are my frametimes
>>
So my bandicam de-registered itself for some reason a while back which shouldn't have happened

Wats the best alternative free skype/screen capture program
>>
>>60061047
bump for this please
>>
>>60061478
>>60061478
*or program to capture portions of the screen with (such as during webcam convos) rather heh
>>
>>60061478
OBS
>>
>>60061406
cool graph bro, too bad you didn't include any important details
>>
>>60060073
why not
>>
What are some good books related to computers and high-level programming languages? I'm preparing to take IT or some computer-related class in the future.

I know a bit about computers, but I want to extend my knowledge about technology overall.
>>
>>60060662
>>60060669
That doesn't explain anything
>>
am i allowed to make money off apps i made with other peoples libraries?
>>
How much hotter than the core temperature of your mouth does food need to be to burn your mouth?
>>
>>60061822
yes
>>
File: 1490917383612.png (111KB, 317x317px) Image search: [Google]
1490917383612.png
111KB, 317x317px
>The structure should override the ToString method to return the contents of the job name
What the fuck is this suppose to mean? This is for Visual Basic by the way.
>>
what was the name of that /g/ skype replacement project that died in drama?
>>
My main drive is reporting 222GB used when checking properties, but when I go to the root of it, select all and check properties (with all hidden folders shown) it only reports 188GB used.

Anyone know how to get to the bottom of this?
>>
>>60061940
filesystems have overhead
one example, lets say your filesystem uses 4k sectors, a sector being the smallest unit it can allocate, nothing can be less than 1 sector, things are also rounded to the nearest number of sectors needed to store that thing
so lets say you store a 400 byte text file, this is stored in a sector, which is 4k. 3696 bytes go unused
for larger things, there's still a bit of overhead, like a 58k file needs 15 sectors, which is 60k, so 0.2k go unused
when you have a lot of small files, things add up
this is not the only overhead, either, filesystems have a lot of metadata to work with, too
>>
>>60061986
>>60061940
forgot to mention, the reason the numbers are different is that the former is the actual space used, and the latter is just the size of the data (file contents) alone
>>
>>60061986
Thanks for that, pretty helpful.

I checked it out with defraggler and noticed most of it is coming from page file, so I'm just running an optimization now. Will that help at all?
>>
>>60062003
There is nothing to optimize or anything that is out of the ordinary here
>>
>>60062009
I just thought having a 20GB page file was a little unusual when I'm usually using 50% of memory at the very most.
>>
>>60062020
Then make your page file smaller
>>
>>60062003
the page file is just a hidden file, so if you didn't count it before, you didn't unhide everything
another thing to note is that some files you might not have permission to view their properties, which will also throw of the data size

defragging doesn't really affect filesystem space overhead

>>60062020
you can change the size of the page file, just keep in mind if it's too small, hibernate won't work
>>
>>60062020
>very moment
At some point in time you were reaching 99% memory and the page file was brought in to elevate performance issues.
Remove the page file entirely if its such a big deal to you
>>
>>60062032
>defragging doesn't really affect filesystem space overhead
well, it /can/, if it's really, really bad
each fragment is also rounded to fit the sectors, so a heavily fragmented file may have more unusable 'holes' in it than it if were not fragmented
>>
Why isn't i3-gaps working fowhr me? Are you not supposed to have i3 installed when you do the build of gaps? Help

Ubuntu by the way
>>
I have a broken laptop, what parts does it have that I can re-use?
Already got the hard drive.
>>
• Alice and Bob make alternating bids. Nobody else is interested in the headband.
• The bid must be higher than the last bid by $10, $20 or $50. We start at $0.
• Alice or Bob are unwilling to pay more than $100, so whoever bids $100 wins.

How many different combinations of legal bids adding to $100 are there?

E.g.
0>10>20>30>40>50>60>70>80>90>100 = 10
0>20>30>40>50>60>70>80>90>100 = 9

I got 134, is this right?
>>
File: Help.png (8KB, 489x168px) Image search: [Google]
Help.png
8KB, 489x168px
I need some help. So, today's my birthday, and my brother (for some reason) got me an Xbone, and this headset that's described in pic. I'm trying to use the headset on my PC since my regular headset is beginning to die down a bit. And, it says on my PC "Driver installed successfully" after this. So then, I got to sound settings, but it says it's not plugged in. I tried it in multiple USB ports. Same thing. I even tried it on the Xbone. Doesn't work there either. What the hell? This thing is brand new. Why won't it work?
>>
>>60061895
>what was the name of that /g/ skype replacement project that died in drama?
tox.it
>>
Is the farthest point from the center of a line L also the farthest point from the line L? I think it is but math makes my head hurt.

>>60062197
How did you build i3-gaps?
How did you install it?
How did you start it?
Are there any error logs anywhere?

>>60062230
You can re-use almost everything (screen, ram, cd-drive, wifi chip...) though I doubt you'll get the chance to do so, unless you frequently come across broken laptops.
>>
This thing really works? https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/15610759/Destroy_Windows_10_Spying_1.6_Build_717_Rollup_Edition
>>
>>60055597
is CAS10 2400mhz RAM better than CAS14 3200mhz RAM?
>>
>>60062422
pls respond
>>
>>60058136
Did you turn off telemetry? Media player center shit? And that index rating service that gives you a score when you look up your windows version and whether your windows is activated or not?
And do you have more than 8GB of RAM?
>>
>>60061722
>What are some good books related to computers
the dragon book
>>
In winblows, how do I delete specific files from a directory?
Say I have folder A which needs cleaning. Then I have folder B which have exact copies of files I intend to delete from folder A. Is there a quick way to delete 'B' files in folder A?
>>
File: 1492798353678.jpg (94KB, 555x550px) Image search: [Google]
1492798353678.jpg
94KB, 555x550px
Have to disconnect a router and wireless printer tomorrow to get carpet replaced.
If I set up the router again, I just have to do wireless LAN set-up on the printer and I should be good for printing again, right?

Genuinely stupid question because I've lost track of how many times the power has gone out, and everything's just werked when it came back, including printers remembering their networks. I can't really see how unplugging a router and printer for a few hours is any different from when we lose power. Shit just gives me anxiety.
>>
>>60062530
don't use that just use the github link
>>
>>60062980
You shouldn't have to do anything but plug it back in. The router will definitely remember it's shit, and that's a ghetto ass printer if it's network config is in volatile memory.
>>
>>60062993
what is that?
>>
>>60062980
should just werk
it's very unlikely the printer uses capacitor-backed-SRAM to store it's wifi configuration, which is about the only way it would remember for a short period, but no longer
>>
>>60063015
He's saying don't get your software from ghetto ass torrrents. Anyway just use something simple like W10privacy. The tools all do about the same thing, which is to reduce but not eliminate telem
>>
>>60062584
If you're sure there's no extra connection on it for power, and it's switched on, I'd say it just came busted. You could try it on another computer or with linux. Might be time to talk to their tech support line, and if they can't help you then get an rma
>>
Hey /g/

I know this has been probably answered like 52 times already, but I must ask.

What would be the best version of Windows if my purpose is dual booting into it -just- for games?
>>
>>60063038
can i have a link pls?
>>
I heard somewhere that with new motherboard I'm gonna need to reinstall my os. Is that true?
>>
>>60063258
Windows 10 has DX12, supports newer games, so I guess that one combined with this: https://github.com/Nummer/Destroy-Windows-10-Spying/releases

>>60063285
You're going to need to reactivate Windows (and waste 10 hours on their call centre) or you could download KMSpico.
>>
File: Untitled.png (130KB, 608x506px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
130KB, 608x506px
What the hell is this fish icon? I've noticed it today over all my media files everywhere and it's freaking me out.
>>
> have Ubuntu 14.04 LTS server with LAMP

Would it be more secure to use Gentoo Hardened?
As far as I know Ubuntu also uses security patches and whatnot and has AppArmor. Would SELinux + hardened stuff provide my LAMP stack more protection?
>>
>>60063258
Windows 10 LTSB ?
It's basically a slowly-updating Windows 10 with DX12 and no junk? Of course you can't buy it as a peasant.
>>
>>60063285
Nah, but it depends. On Windows 7 I replaced my Core2Quad with an i7 and nothing happened. PC installed for like 10 minutes and I was up and running. Shits good.
>>
Are vape mods /g/ or do people discuss them on another board?

Or are they simply just far too reddit and I should just delete this post.
>>
>>60062561
No, Linus tested them (you can watch it), there is really not much diff after 2400. You only pay more.

>>60062746
I simply use "Everything" for this.
>>
>>60063343
There were topics about it when vape became a thing, then faggots took it up and now only faggots use them.
I mean they are just as harmful and can explode in your fucking face. And you look like a faggot.

There is literally no reason to use them anymore.
>>
>>60063283
https://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&q=W10privacy
>>
>>60063327
Seems like it went away after rebooting but that was odd.
>>
>>60063354
Well I am literally a fag so you are correct there.

It's kept me from smoking... maybe one day I will stop vaping as well.
>>
>>60063285
It's ideal, but not always required.
>>
Does the Gallon of Milk a Day diet actually work?
>>
>>60063354
>just as harmful
No.
>>
File: 1466948248065.jpg (159KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1466948248065.jpg
159KB, 960x720px
FUCK MICROSOFT WHY CANT I GET WORD TO NOT UNDO A SINGLE CHARACTER AT A TIME AND WHY IS IT A LAGGY PIECE OF SHIT THAT CANT KEEP UP WITH MY <30WMP TYPING. BACKSPACE SOMEHOW IS EVEN MORE LAGGY.

IM EVEN USING A FUCKING SURFACE FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

im learning latex
>>
>>60063407
Depends what you mean by works. It will make you fat. It will make you gain muscles slightly faster than on normal diet because you're on huge surplus. It works but it's not worth it. Gomad was made for very skinny people who are not used to eating and therefore can't eat at surplus.
>>
>>60063383
So you stopped smoking to smoke the same thing... eh.
Well, I don't know, Reddit can be good for such - I am sure they have some "chart" for vapes.

>>60063407
Kinda. Just make sure you eat besides the milk unlike that retarded /fit/ fag.
Also most people are lactose intolerant so I would not really dare to do it. Would just eat a fuckton of rice and chicken. Maybe some not-so-fancy weight gainer, but only a portion, normal food tops all.

>>60063435
backspace is one character.
>>
>>60063345
>Everything
not exactly what I was looking for, but this is really useful. Thanks.
>>
>>60063461
Oh I think you need a "File duplicate finder" sorry.
Just Google this and you will find tons.

There are tools for images, files and whatnot.
There are free ones too, so don't bother with "adware" and shit like that.
>>
>>60063450
It's not "the same thing". There's a huge difference between smoking tobacco and smoking just nicotine. Nicotine isn't exactly a health supplement, but if every smoker in the country switched, we'd drop the related deaths by over 90% easily, even factoring in the shady underregulated e-cig market.
>>
>>60063450
>backspace is one character.
I KNOW IM TALKING ABOUT UNDO KKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDD
>>
which chepo controller for linux, wired?
xbox? ps4? no, no steam too expensive
>>
>>60063509
But it is.
My country is really backwards so they have sponsored several researches on it. I don't debate what you suck, it could be sperm coming out of it, but the findings were that it has the same effect on the user AND the environment near him.

Because the vapor also contains harmful particles.

> inb4 but I read on reddit
Look I don't really care. I think cigarettes are a waste of money, and vaping is just fucking gay. I don't even see the point. Indoors both are inappropriate, simple as that.
>>
>>60063525
i use my ps2 controller with a $2 usb adapter
>>
>>60063525
I would say XBOX, as it's a normal "generic controller".
PS on the other hand requires drivers and whatnot on Windows.

this is for PS3 and X360 AND on Windows, so thing may be different.
>>
>>60063525
Xbox 360 wired controllers are pretty cheap and work well with everything.
>>
>>60063569
(With that said I have a PS3, and I use a PS3 controller, just saying how it is. On Windows you have to use "ScpToolkit". I did see some "DualShock" controller in the kernel config... a long time ago... Not sure which one that was.)
>>
>>60063569
>>60063577
Nevermind they both work on Linux: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Gamepad
But on Windows only Xbox controller is "easy to use".
>>
>>60063576
getting this, thanks
>>
>>60063539
https://www.theguardian.com/science/sifting-the-evidence/2017/jan/02/ill-say-it-again-e-cigarettes-are-still-far-safer-than-smoking
>>
>>60063569
thanks anon
>>
File: wha.png (24KB, 177x355px) Image search: [Google]
wha.png
24KB, 177x355px
Is it unusual to get BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD's on windows 7 when disconnecting from some things while on a Wifi hotspot?
>>
Is it possible for a CPU architecture to have security vulnerabilities? Can they patch such a thing?
>>
Can I use SSH tunneling as a ghetto VPN? Or do I need to actually go to the effort of setting up OpenVPN?

Use case: I want to be on some untrusted wi-fi network somewhere and tunnel my web browsing traffic securely through a machine I have at home. Both so that people on the untrusted network can't read it, and so that the sites I visit don't see that I'm coming from an unusual IP. (logging into your bank's website from a hotel on the other side of the country is a good way to get yourself locked out of your account when you least want that to happen)
>>
File: 1479846891424.jpg (10KB, 217x225px) Image search: [Google]
1479846891424.jpg
10KB, 217x225px
If MTP is Microsoft's standard how come it never actually works right?
My Android phones will not show up reliably, sometimes uninstalling them helps the problem, but after a while they stop working again.
>>
>>60063930
is that you when you were young?
>>
I'm currently on Mavericks. Intend to finally upgrade to Sierra soon. How much bullshit should I expect?
>>
>>60056663
please send zip file
>>
after renicing squid with niceness value of -20, it will not work until reloading it. why ?
>>
How much can I sell an i5-2520M for?
>>
I currently have 8GB 1333MHz RAM. Would an upgrade result in a noticeable performance increase?
>>
How do I read characters in Java as characters instead of ASCII codes?
PrintWriter pr = new PrintWriter(new FileWriter("text.txt"));
pr.println("abcd");
pr.close();
BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(new FileReader("text.txt"));
out.println(br.read());
out.println(br.read());

It's giving me the ASCII key code instead of the actual character.
>>
I speculate I have around a week , at most 2, to learn some shit that'll make me useful as a system engineer, they're mostly looking for OS knowledge and "Middleware (RedHat, VMware, IBM, Oracle).
Any tips on what I should focus or way to approach this?
>>
>>60063659
Well there's the management engine, if you count that as part of the CPU architecture.

There's also been several attacks on caches. The way these go is that some code is doing something sensitive (eg, encryption), and you are able to run unprivileged code on the same CPU. Well it turns out that if you write a program that does memory accesses in specific ways you can control what can and cannot be in the cache, and read data out from it. So without ever having to use a privilege escalation to compromise the OS, you can do things like recover encryption keys from other processes.

This kind of trick can be made to work across VMs, too, though it's much more difficult. Doing the same kinds of things with main memory instead of caches was the first of these, called Rowhammer.
>>
>>60064350
No
>>
>>60064562
Can't you just cast it into a char?

out.println((char) br.read());

I think, been a while since I worked with Java
>>
>>60059409
Any help with this?
>>
File: tv-boom-box.jpg (119KB, 800x572px) Image search: [Google]
tv-boom-box.jpg
119KB, 800x572px
Is there an android app to listen to music from youtube videos and lists of videos? Only the music.
>>
File: thissiteisretarded.jpg (121KB, 2560x1218px) Image search: [Google]
thissiteisretarded.jpg
121KB, 2560x1218px
Hey guys, so I switched to linux, everything is working besides the fucking youtube page if I have adblock enabled on firefox.

I know it's stupid to blame os for that but i never had such problems with windows version of firefox.

I tried to search for some help in google, tried whitelisting @@||s.ytimg.com, nothing worked.

Anyones got any ideas? I don't want to get interrupted with commercials every few minutes.

Pic related.
>>
>>60064968
You got rused, son. Nobody installs Linux because they actually want things like functionality or convenience.
>>
>>60064987
It's a browser extension I don't get why it wouldn't work
>>
>>60064968
If by "adbolock" you don't mean "ublock origin", I found your problem.
>>
When a method takes a parameter in Java, does it basically just make a copy of the variable in the stack?

I.e. method(array a)
So when method() is called, does it get a copy of the pointer to the array?
>>
>>60065014
Works great, thanks anon.
>>
File: 1343410470593.jpg (26KB, 221x221px) Image search: [Google]
1343410470593.jpg
26KB, 221x221px
>>60061043
>>
Doesn't my new (first) build need a sound card? How am I supposed to hear anything?

Yeah, this is the sqt, right?
>>
>>60065085
You'll just have to deal with a watermark
>>
>>60065104
Mobo integrated sound has been solid for several years.
>>
>>60065104
literally every mobo today has a sound card, also every video card with HDMI can output sound at the HDMI port (including integrated graphics with HDMI out).
>>
>>60065121
>>60065154
Thank you, anons.
>>
>>60064912
The official youtube app lets you do that if you subscribe to youtube red.

Outside of that there aren't any store app that can do it as the youtube terms of service doesn't now allow playing just the music or playing the video in the background (so you can just effectively hear the music).
>>
>>60057410
car dvr
>make it turn on after charger is connected (easy fs modification - only root required)
>make it start dvr app after startup (via macrodroid)
>make it turn off when charger is disconnected (via macrodroid)

or anything else instead of dvr app for example:
gps tracker
timelapse camera
>>
>>60064968
>he wants to know how to actually watch youtube videos in his browser like some huge consumer cuck
Assuming you're running a Debian derivative, I can do you done better.
>open terminal (ctrl+shift+T usually)
sudo apt-get install youtube-dl

>next time u want to watch video
>right click video thumbnail
>"copy link address"
>open terminal
youtube-dl http://your-address

>u get a new file
>open it
>WUHZAM
>>
Whats some cool stuff to buy with bitcoin?
>>
>>60065465
VPS from Ramnode.
>>
Why are children afraid of ghosts? Like why is the concept of a ghost scary to a young child? It's not like they usually have much of an understanding of death or anything like that right?
>>
>>60065608
Because children are innately afraid of things that aren't technology
>>
How long does a good laptop last?
>>
>>60065692
20+ years
>>
>>60065692
Long enough to become obsolete
>>
>>60065116
Nice. Thank you.
>>
>>60065692
Depends on if you treat her right. And to a certain extent how lucky you are. Even high end laptops suffer from hardware defects more often than desktops, which is compounded by the fact that it's generally pretty hard to replace individual components.
>>
So I've been trying to get this windows 7 iso onto this usb and it's really not working at all. I tried using rufus and the official windows usb tool but they both fail at random times. Windows almost worked completely once but then it said right at the end that I was missing bootsect, so I downloaded that, tried again, and now it's failing at random times again. What am I doing wrong?
>>
What's the easiest way to mount a Windows shared folder on my Android tablet? I used to have a program called CIFS Manager or something like that but it's been discontinued a long time ago and I don't have it anymore.
>>
>>60065608
Everyone has an inherent understanding of death; we'd be sitting ducks without it. Children just involuntarily repress that understanding until they're big and strong enough to meaningfully act on it. Fear of ghosts is a manifestation of that repression
>>
>>60065808
Check your ISO checksum and try a different flashdrive, also if it's a newer intel processor don't forget to patch USB3 drivers.
>>
I know that I can edit edit CSSs and stuff directly through the browser of Firefox using its webtools and stuff with F12.
Including saving custom CSSs. And the pages will even update in real time as you edit or apply your own CSSs.

However. How do I make it remember and load a customized CSS for a site or domain?
I don't really see much of a point in in editing the CSS for a page if the edit is discarded as soon as you refresh the page or go to another page.
>>
Is there a setting I can change for JDownloader to load links that are already in the clipboard when the program starts? Currently it will only load links that are added to the clipboard after I have started the program, but the problem is usually I copy the links before startting it so it can be annoying to have to copy them again, or manually enter them.

I think it used to do this a while back but the behavior has changed at some point.
>>
>>60066124
It's intended for website developers that'd then copy the changes into their source.
>>
>>60064912
>>60065198
If you root there are several apps for youtube which enable audio playback with the screen off. At least, it used to be. I haven't checked recently.
>>
>>60060178
>but I formatted it without thinking.
You can send it to a data recovery place but otherwise that shit is just gone
>>
I have a certain device that uses an expensive proprietary charger.
Would it be possible to make some sort of micro usb charger adapter? I can't buy an adapter because nobody makes them, but would it be as easy as getting a micro usb port and wiring it directly to the contacts?
>>
>>60066198
So it can make changes, but not remember them?
That sounds like a waste. Since it can already do it temporarily. I guess add-ons like Stylish or whatever are still necessary.
>>
My pc keeps shutting down i *think* because its overheating, how do i tell which specific thing is overheating?
>>
File: 4601400cv19d.jpg (223KB, 1000x491px) Image search: [Google]
4601400cv19d.jpg
223KB, 1000x491px
How do I un-brick a Beats Pill+ speaker? I bought mine in a liquidation sale at an audio store that went out of business. It was working fine when being demonstrated, but I can't seem to turn it on unless I have it plugged in to a power source. On top of that, my phone recognizes it for a second, but won't connect via Bluetooth.

I can't do a hard reset/reformat, and when using the Beats Update program, it says my product's software is "invalid".
>>
>>60067166
put your hand on the pieces of the board see which one burn you hand
>>
I am older and want an it career of sone sort at least work on my skills.

I want to learn how to build a computer with linux arch im new as shit but studyig hard and want firdt hand knowlebut before i get my comptia a+ 901/902.

Im willing to spend 500 dollars or so. I just want a different computer to use instead of my pleb dell with windows 10.

What should i get?
>>
>>60067440
Will you be using this for gaming, or something else?
>>
>>60067440
just install arch on your dell you tard, or dual boot
>>
>>60067461
Just for myself and regular stuff. Youtube videos. I just want to learn how to do this stuff with first hand stuff instead of books.

>>60067470
I hate this computer. Its 3 years old and shit in every single way i hope it breaks.
>>
>>60067493
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?sdtid=10063600&SID=dfa860de29da11e79e45869ff3ce4fee0INT&AID=10440897&PID=1225267&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&Item=N82E16883795652&cm_sp=
>>
Should my side panel fan blow in or out?
>>
>>60056265
Anyone?
This was a real question as much as it was venting.
>>
Is there any Firefox extension/userscript that allows me to replace "meme" with "faggotry"?
>>
>>60061876
Create an override for .ToString() in the struct you're working with.
>>
>>60067535
front / side = intake
back / top - exhaust
>>
>>60067709
so... that sounds really shitty. My only advice would be to automate. get something like Jenkins to run unit tests for you.

Here is what I do for my local stuff: I use the python watchdog library to listen on a directory that contains my project, I have a handler so that when a new file is dropped in there, unit tests from a folder are run in order against it. all i need to do is drop my new code in the folder to have tests run against it.
>>
what's the cheapest data-only wireless plan without jewish overage fees?
I need service for my laptop and I don't use it too much to need lots of data or speed
>>
File: 1491966128834.jpg (111KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1491966128834.jpg
111KB, 1600x900px
Has youtube finally removed the button that lets you turn off Material theme on desktop?
>>
I have an unencrypted nexus 5 with the latest updates. Will my phone take a performance nosedive if I encrypt it?
>>
Planning on getting the raid max delta. Says it can mount at its front a liquid cooler or fans. I'm just confused. Is the front solid? If it is then wouldn't adding fans/cooler be pointless?
>>
Since I upgraded my computer
>8GB DDR3 ram -> 32GB DDR3 ram, added a gtx 1050
the whole operating system randomly freezes. I use my computer 10-20 hours a day, and it happens from one to three times a day.
sometimes it takes minutes to freeze, sometimes the whole day seems to go by without accident.

about half the time my computer freezes, a fan goes immediately to 100% (I assume my CPU, but it might be anything, I don't know). I doubt this is because of termal issues, as the computer is pretty quiet and takes a fraction of a second to turn into a commercial airline.
>>
Is there a /g/ approved cracked version of windows 7? I need to get some virtual machines going.
>>
>>60068621
Nope.
>>
File: 1486222473597.jpg (31KB, 289x356px) Image search: [Google]
1486222473597.jpg
31KB, 289x356px
Looking for good books about Java
>>
What's a good iOS 4chan app that doesn't require jailbreak?(if there is any) I'm using iPhone for the very first time.
>>
>>60069112
Also, how does one open webm-s?
>>
>>60069027
http://pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
>>
Does Android Nougat still have guest mode? All I find on google is a bunch of articles for Nexus devices, and Lollipop guides.
I don't want to install lock apps just to hide my porn and lock my files.
>>
>>60069134
Get an Android.
>>
How do i connect my HDMI device to my DVI monitor?
>>
>>60069630
With a cheap passive adapter
>>
>>60069630
By deleting your frogs.
>>
>>60055597
Do SSDs die after a power outage even if your PC is plugged in to a power strip?
>>
>>60069642
>passive adapter
>>60069690
what if i don't want to constantly switch plugs and instead use a KVM type to switch between the two devices? does such a thing exist?

Also without deleting my frogs
>>
>>60069737
Boil your frogs then.
>>
>>60069786
shut up frenchy
>>
>>60069696
Nope.
>>
What's the best budget laptop to buy for around €400? Preferably something with a 1080p screen, 8gb ram and 256 GB ssd.
>>
>>60069889
Will it still show up in the BIOS and work just fine?
>>
>>60070024
I had my server shut down once or twice by lightning. Now, our fuse box is modern and shit so that probably helped a lot, but the server survived fine, as did the SSD.

I also intentionally dragged out the power cable several times without any issues afterwards.
>>
>>60069833
Cut them open and eat them alive.
>>
>>60070063
If that's true, then thanks for telling me. I've heard many horror stories about SSDs not showing up in the BIOS after sudden power loss.
>>
Two Questions

I bought a new charger for my laptop because it would occasionally stop charging, it seems to work now but it's not as securely connected into the port. Really annoying when I just shift around lying in bed and having your laptop stop charging, is there an aftermarket fix to this or am I just going to have to play the lotto and buy another charger that will securely stay in the port?

Question two, is there a program or anything that can show me what's on my harddrive and how much of the drive it's taking in capacity?
>>
>>60070238
>buy a new laptop
>open My Computer
>>
>>60070274
>Buy a new laptop
Building a desktop soon, I'm just trying to squeeze all that I can out of this before that happens
>Open my computer
Was just really talking about files themselves and how big they are on my C drive, thought there was something that is easier than doing it manually
>>
what use does a technically competent have for an ipad?
>>
File: C7uNHuwVMAAlv7U.jpg (66KB, 960x914px) Image search: [Google]
C7uNHuwVMAAlv7U.jpg
66KB, 960x914px
>>60055597
Where do I pay someone to make a relatively simple android app? Should I avoid indians, pakis and other middle-easterners on fiverr even if they have good reviews?
>>
Last failed login: Tue Apr 25 20:36:54 UTC 2017 from 116.31.116.40 on ssh:notty
There were 941307 failed login attempts since the last successful login.
Last login: Fri Dec 23 22:23:54 2016 from 172.14.54.9

SSH'd into a web server for a client. See this. What do?
>>
What is the best place to sell a camera lens? Amazon?
>>
>>60070487
Install fail2ban I guess. And change default ssh port.
>>
>>60070487
create an iptables rule that drops packets coming from the offending IP address, or make it so ssh traffic is only accepted from your IP, or make it so that ssh is on a non-default port, or set it up so you can only log in with a key instead of user/pass, or a combination of those things.
>>
>>60070651
>>60070668
thank you
>>
File: 1493079489516.jpg (67KB, 1024x962px) Image search: [Google]
1493079489516.jpg
67KB, 1024x962px
>>60068709
IT HAPPENED AGAIN
>>
>>60069737
Just stick the adapter on the back of your monitor and pretend it's an HDMI port. If you want to use an HDMI splitter or something, that's up to you, although they can be less than reliable.
>>
>>60070393
winDIRstat
>>
any idea how to download videos hosted on video on demand (Vod-platform)

I tried youtube-dl, but it downloads a 30 seconds video with the message that says to watch the video on the host page of the broadcasting channel

link of video on broadcasting channel
https://pastebin.com/raw/gdxVU1Kr

(pastebin link, because team names are written in arabic and unicode characters are shitty on address bar)
>>
Why does my play store crash every time I try to search in it on my Nexus 6?
Clearing the cache, manually updating the app, and force restarting it did nothing.

Googling app names and opening the store through there is easy enough, but it bothers the shit out of me still.
Thread posts: 343
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.