[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why google shills and /pol/cucks hates this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

File: firefox-02[1].png (335KB, 695x434px) Image search: [Google]
firefox-02[1].png
335KB, 695x434px
Why google shills and /pol/cucks hates this?
>>
why do mozilla apologists/shills keep defending it
>>
>>60035887
Why can't you write a proper sentence?
>>
>>60035887
Because you're gay weeb faggot.
>>
Because Firefox became garbage since quite a time ago.
Even that vivaldi meme is better
>>
>>60038095
proof?
>>
I've used nothing but Firefox or a Firefox derivative for the last 12 years or so. Firefox is far and away the best browser, and its derivatives are even better. Nevertheless, the Firefox logo has to be one of the worst logos in tech.
>>
>>60039776
Nah VLC is worse.
>>
The logo changes are better fox combing and world changing?
>>
>>60039776
Fuck all wrong with it. Arch is the worst.
>>
>>60036370
Because
>>60035887
We dont kniw why to hate ot
>>
>>60039448
it uses no ram
>>
>>60039909
A FUCKING TRAFFIC CONE
>>
>>60039776
FF's logo is okay, I like it a lot. Chrome's logo (and GUI) is fucking cancer, VLC is pretty ugly as well.
>>
>>60040129
firefox has the best RAM perfomance shill
>>
because mozilla is adding bloatware to it and because webkit is the superior rendering engine.
>>
>>60040129
That can be fixed.

user_pref("dom.ipc.processCount", -1);
user_pref("dom.ipc.processCount.webLargeAllocation", -1);
user_pref("dom.ipc.processCount.extension", -1);
user_pref("dom.ipc.processCount.file", -1);
>>
>>60040129
Literally impossible
>>
Firefox 28 was the last good version of Firefox, which is what I'm using.

>muh security
Don't go on shady websites you dumb nigger.
>>
>>60035887
who knows about the former, they are already big, too big in my mind.
the latter doesn't matter to me 2bqh.
>>
File: 1307920043302.gif (64KB, 360x357px) Image search: [Google]
1307920043302.gif
64KB, 360x357px
>>60035887
>can't visit sites configured a certain way
>can't run plugins unless ((they)) approve them
>doesn't listen to people when they tell them to stop loading the browser with non-browser shit
>ads on the new tab screen
>SJW employees hounded the creator of javascript out
>slow
>insecure
>about to lose all addons

Give me one fucking good reason why I should use this decrepit piece of shit.
>>
If Firefox is so bad give me something to replace it.
Not botnet/closed source shit either.
>>
>>60042683
>>can't visit sites configured a certain way
Give me an example, running FF
>>can't run plugins unless ((they)) approve them
False
>>doesn't listen to people when they tell them to stop loading the browser with non-browser shit
What does this even mean?
>>ads on the new tab screen
about:blank
>>SJW employees hounded the creator of javascript out
The only valid point so far
>>slow
Nope
>>insecure
All browsers are, see pwn2own
>>about to lose all addons
kek, keep buying lies. Ask nightly users
>>
File: 1492724057480.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1492724057480.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
>he doesn't run ff nightly 64bit
>>
>/pol/cucks
that has nothing to do with firefox being garbage software.
>>
>>60035887
damn essjaydubyas ruinin mah tecknojiggers hyuk
>>
the whole XUL/webextensions thing is as stupid as they can get. firefox 57 will be the last firefox.
>>
I hate it because they keep removing useful features and are turning it into a worse version of Chrome.

t. current Firefox user who is dropping it with FF57 when half my addons stop working
>>
>>60035887
why did they change it at all
>>
>>60044422
(((Progress)))
>>
>>60042683
Because it is better than the alternatives.
>>
>>60042683
>SJW employees hounded the creator of javascript out
To be fair, he probably should have been executed for the crime of creating javascript.
>>
>>60044400
I don't even know what I'm going to when this happens. I'll just stop updating Firefox, I cannot browse without Tab Mix Plus
>>
The most recent logo looks pretty nice.
>>
>>60035887
Because it is way easier to build from source so you can disable stuff like the background download of binary blobs
If it is hard to build from sources then the only option is trusting what ever google puts into chrome
>A binary blob a day makes the goyim pay
>>
>>60044519
Just use their beta builds
>https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tab-mix-plus/versions/
>>
>>60044422
The previous logos were flawed in various ways which Mozilla didn't like. The biggest complaint about the old logos is that all of them had screwed up shading that made it seem like there was an arm sticking out of the fox's chest. The 2013 revision finally figures out there's supposed to be a shoulder there.
>>
File: 1491045732663.jpg (90KB, 889x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491045732663.jpg
90KB, 889x720px
>>60035887
>Tfw you don't actually need to shill because Chromium is inherently faster and worrying about RAM usage is for poorfags anyway
>>
>>60044327
>What does this even mean?
I think anon means that they're turning it into a software suite as opposed to just a web browser. The new features are dumb and useless, but I don't agree with him on that point.

>Nope
it's kind of slow. Mine works fast, but put it on a HDD instead of an SSD and it crawls to start.

>kek, keep buying lies. Ask nightly users
That's literally the most factual thing anon said. They're getting rid of XUL
https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2015/08/21/the-future-of-developing-firefox-add-ons/
>>
>>60045495
>I think anon means that they're turning it into a software suite as opposed to just a web browser. The new features are dumb and useless, but I don't agree with him on that point.
I don't think we'll see any new interesting features anytime soon since most browsers are quite mature software by now. Most new technologies - like webworkers/webgl - are not very secure or privacy focused. What we'll see now it's the polishing of those and people start doing stuff with them.
As for turning FF into a suite, sounds plain dumb, since there's SeaMonkey

>it's kind of slow. Mine works fast, but put it on a HDD instead of an SSD and it crawls to start.
Mine works fine, I reckon Chrome loads slightly faster than FF, but it's not to the point of being unusable.

>That's literally the most factual thing anon said. They're getting rid of XUL
>https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2015/08/21/the-future-of-developing-firefox-add-ons/
Yeah, they're dropping XUL, but many developers have started porting they're extensions. Apparently some won't be able to make the jump, but generally speaking, most are already porting.
>>
>>60045598
>Yeah, they're dropping XUL, but many developers have started porting they're extensions
that's not the ones we're worried about.

At the very least Lazarus will stop working, which if you've ever sent in 20 applications for jobs on the same website in a single day, you'd know how absolutely vital XUL is. That single add-on turned 30 minutes of work into 5.
>>
>>60045659
There's a lazarus chome extension though. Does that have less functionality?
>>
>>60045659
Again, not all of them will be ported, and to be honest I cannot assure you which will and which won't. Some developers claim their addons cannot be ported, and some say they are just too fed up with both their addons and the new policies to give it a shot.
While this is a bold (or retarded) move by mozilla, I have seen the Gecko code base and it's a fucking mess. This is shit that goes back all the way to Netscape and I believe I read somewhere that no one fully understand the code base to attempt a refactor. Perhaps dropping XUL is retarded or perhaps not, but Mozilla's code base needs to change if performance is to be gained. That much I see and I understand why this is necessary move.
>>
>>60045689
Didn't know that. Pretty sure the Lazarus guy (or some other dev who made a similar extension) said that the new API doesn't support what he needs. It also kills classic theme restorer (and any theming addons which is fucking terrible because the default theme has been garbage since they did curved tabs), and I think also DTA
>>
>>60039909
truth
>>
>>60044494
This right here, fuck javascript.
>>
>>60035887
What exactly is wrong with Firefox? I just switched to it a few weeks ago after using Chrome for years and have no complaints at all. I don't see myself going back to Chrome.
>>
>>60045789
CTR is going, yes, but they aren't doing anything to customization via userchrome/usercontent. Haven't used DTA ; what worries me is I haven't found anything that comes close to replicating tab groups and tree style tabs functionality.

As for deprecating XUL, as I've understood the plan right now is to not outright remove it from nightlies, they'll just stop maintaining it and addons will stop working over time. I might be wrong on this though.
>>
Woah, the Firefox logo today looks closer to the 2004 version than the 2005 and 2009 ones.
>>
>>60045907
>they'll just stop maintaining it and addons will stop working over time
What is the point of this though? Is there some alternative that addon makers will be forced to use if they wish to make addons for FF?
>>
>>60046294
Webextensions, the same things chrome uses, will be the only thing firefox supports outside of test channels from FF57 onwards.
>>
>>60045598
>>60045758
So basically the issue is purging thousands of lines of decades old spaghetti code with the tradeoff being the favorite extension of some fag? Seems like an acceptable deal to me.
>>
>>60042683
the derivatives (i.e. pale moon and seamonkey) are better than the competition
>>
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Mozilla, is in fact, Moz://a/SJW, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, Moz://a plus SJW.
>>
>>60046702
Fucking why
>>
File: a fucking foot.png (10KB, 600x364px) Image search: [Google]
a fucking foot.png
10KB, 600x364px
>>60039776
>>60039909
>>60040179
>>60045809
*cough*
>>
>>60046702
Working towards a big long term shift which may or may not shake out in the end.
>>
>>60045858
90% of problems are hardware accelerations fault
>>
>>60048034
Shit meant go quote >>60047999
>>
>>60035887
Stop trying to make everything about /pol/
>>
>>60048043
You make it seem as if they don't fling their shit across all the boards. Fuck 'em and you
>>
As an old Firefox fanboy I don't know all the details when it comes to their shitty updates nowadays so I bet there will be this one autistic faggot with the need to tell me that I'm wrong and it's no longer the case but I've stopped using it few years ago. This shit is a ram hog and pretty much every other browser I've tried used less ram than Firefox, then there were constant twitch issues where busy chat could crash the whole browser and videos would randomly crash because Firefox not only was 2 years late to the party when it comes to implementing html player but it also managed to be the worst one.

I really don't care about their political agenda, they were always striking me as edgy far left libertarians even before we knew what SJW means but I simply couldn't put up with constant crashes, garbage performance and meaningless updates that kept making ui worse.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.