[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Human Evolution

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1180.png (451KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1180.png
451KB, 800x400px
What's /g/'s stance on transhumanism?
>>
>>60024828
what a dumb quote
spacex is cool but this guy shouldn't be taken seriously outside of his company
>>
genetic transhumanism is awesome, we're still way off robotic transhumanism let alone cognitive transhumanism. I'll let others beta test though.
>>
>>60024828
FUCK OFF MUSK
>>
The most acceptable of all things trans the past couple decades gave us.
>>
>>60024828

>pls put me in the next GiTS movie
>>
100 years from now people are gonna look back at Elon and consider him to be ahead of his time
>>
>>60024865
this

the extreme fanboyism makes me wonder if it's shilling or if kids are really this retarded

so much spam in /g/ and /sci/ and elsewhere

there is even an entire subreddit called r/EnoughMuskSpam

https://www.reddit.com/r/EnoughMuskSpam/
>>
I want to be their Betatester
>>
>>60024828
>>60024865
Explain how he is wrong? We're at a point of development where evolution has been spead up and even replaced by technology. If we have a need for something, we engineer a technology to get it done. Ultimately humans are selecting themselves out via artificial selection, if we do not integrate with technology we will be replaced by it
>>
>>60025099
Oh shit will if there's a subreddit of losers who dislike Elon then I guess everyone on 4chan shouldn't like him either! The narwhal has bacon at le midnight amiright guys lmao dickbutt, the safe, jolly rancher le ebin inside jokes!!!
>>
>>60025258
>muh ai
>muh cyborgs
this won't be relevant for at least another 100 years or so
>>
>>60025295
>100 years is a long time and we don't don't need to prepare for the future
>>
>>60025317
>If we have a need for something, we engineer a technology to get it done.
there is literally no problem here. musk's quote is fedora-tier. present a relevant product which people want to buy and there you go. don't just spew a bunch of bullshit.
>>
File: 1483950203215.gif (468KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1483950203215.gif
468KB, 500x282px
>>60025295
>>60025368
Not even the same anon but wew lad, you are dense
>>
>>60025972
ok keep worrying about """"AI"""" for no real reason. you may as well move into a bunker if you haven't already
>>
>>60024828
sci-fi was a mistake
>>
>>60025258
>Explain how he is wrong? We're at a point of development where evolution has been spead up and even replaced by technology.
that's been true for roughly 12,000 years

>If we have a need for something, we engineer a technology to get it done.
technology can't give us everything we need, let alone everything we want. this is fairly obvious if you think about it for five fucking seconds. technology is constrained by resources, physical laws, economic forces, social will, the state of research...

>Ultimately humans are selecting themselves out via artificial selection
at minimum for this statement to be anything other than nonsense you would need self-reproducing technology that excludes humans from resources. you're going to say something about robots taking our jobs, and i'm going to respond that a job is not a resource, and in fact robots have greatly increased our access to resources

this wave of optimism will implode with the next AI funding winter. i'm thinking ten years
>>
File: tolosa_vanessa.jpg (84KB, 299x448px) Image search: [Google]
tolosa_vanessa.jpg
84KB, 299x448px
I don't know how he is going to achieve this. Even if he wants to start a commercial company providing medical BCIs/BMIs/neuroprosthetics, there are years and years of work that need to get done and regulations to comply with in order to do even basic clinical studies. I suppose it's possible that Neuralink won't be starting fresh, but instead can use the team's previous work to jump start their work, but even then it will likely still take years before clinical trials can begin.

The same thing happens to others trying to break into the industry (e.g. Kernel / Bryan Johnson). Not only does there need to be a revolution in the technology, but there needs to be a revolution in the business model. Good fucking luck.

Btw the chick on the Neuralink team is pretty hot.
>>
so many transhumanophobes itt. it's 2047. grow up
>>
>>60025283
the subreddit is evidence that indicates there is a widespread shilling effort by musk or some PR agency he hired to promote his brand name. either that or there are very cancerous circlejerkers who need to fuck off back to lebbit. there is almost no other """"celebrity"""" who has this kind of cult following.
>>
https://warosu.org/g/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=musk
https://warosu.org/sci/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=musk
https://warosu.org/biz/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=musk
http://archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/text/musk/
>>
>>60026918
it's because elon musk is the best.
>>
>>60024865

Well, he is the guy in a relationship with the gold digger destroying Johnny Depp's life so ya.
>>
>>60026015
>>60026298
The main source of worry when it comes to AI/Software is the difference in speed of IO. Humans can only output information via hand or voice which is extremely slow when compared to throughput of communication interfaces that computers can and do make use of. We are however better with input (vision, hearing and other senses).

Being so handicapped when it comes to exchange of information (You can take time to educate an adult as one example) creates a significant imbalance that imposes physical constrains on our pace as a race. This difference between us and machines can become quite dangerous once we develop a system sufficiently advanced to autonomically improve and extend itself that given enough time will also expand into physical realm creating another competing race to which humans will be inferior. These things don't happen overnight, sure; but Musk is behind the idea of first finding a way to mitigate our IO handicap to be able to directly interface with these conceptual systems over high throughput medium rather than developing it and then virtually standing still while it advances.
Simple concept; difficult execution.
>>
>>60026829
Musk is all about long-term goals over short returns. He's well aware that Neuralink won't pan out for decades, if ever. Without consistent, focused effort, it'll never happen, and that's what he plans to provide with this.
>>
>>60026918
…or people are just excited by the things he's trying to do because he takes his ventures seriously where others are doing nothing or are just making toys for PR (see most of the non-tesla EV market up until very recently).

Personally I'm most excited by SpaceX because it's shaking up an industry that'd stagnated and somehow was lighting huge piles of cash on fire while doing practically nothing. The past 15 years has been a dark time as a 90s kid who'd grown up excited about anything to do with space.
>>
>>60027087
This guy gets it.
>>
/g/ should come up with our own alternative neural lace
>>
>>60027498
great idea. i'll design the logo
>>
>>60026918
>Steve jobs
I'd say it even applies to google and the amount of dicksucking of everything they throw at the wall to see if it sticks.
>>
>>60024828
Humans evolved before, they'll evolve again.
>>
Has he actually made any of the things that he claims?
I keep hearing "Things in the works" he's doing but where are they?
Is he just one gicantic meme?
>>
>Elon will save us
>makes products only the rich can afford
>>
>>60028209
>Is he just one gicantic meme?
yes

he's just a nerd with money
>>
>What's /g/'s stance on transhumanism?

DO IIIIIIIT DO IT, DO IT NOW

I want to be free from suffering and death ;_;
>>
>>60028593
This project won't save you from death. Suffering maybe...until you get brain hacked.
>>
>>60024828
Im transphobic
Purity first
>>
>>60025283
Elon is /our guy/
>>
>>60024828
Musk is a pr whore through amd through but transhumanism is lit as fuck
>>
It's a bit of a non-discussion I think. Of course it's good. I already walk around with artificial teeth and lasered eyes. And 24/7 connected to my phone. Just make it happen.
>>
>>60028593
A life without suffering is a life worse than death.
Without suffering there can be no pleasure.
Being a robot without emotions would be boring,and nothing would ever satisfy you. Unlike now where you have the occasional moment of happiness as a robot that too is stolen and you are forced to wander aimlessly for perpose.
>>
>>60029970
Are you black or just retarded?
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.