[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Debian a meme distro?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1492897423017.jpg (229KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
1492897423017.jpg
229KB, 800x532px
Is Debian a meme distro?
>>
the "stale packages" thing is a meme
any retard can learn how to update to Debian sid, or even Debian experimental if you really want.
SJW shit? Not everyone gives a shit really
>>
It's a good distro, but people should still just use Ubuntu. It is effectively a more secure Debian (apparmor/firewall preconfigured) that is developed by paid professionals and not just hobbyists. You also get up to date packages without having to resort to Debian Sid.
>>
File: 745.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
745.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>60022958
>>
>>60023591
sudo ufw enable

wow that was so hard, also what's so bad with using debian sid? I've never had an issue with it ever and I've used it for 2 months so far.
>>
>>60023626
Nothing is bad about Debian Sid, I used it myself for 6 years with hardly a hiccup, but occasionally some packages weren't supported for it (Like twice in 6 years).

The only reason I use Ubuntu is because of work (Netsec/Infosec company) and because it provides a broad package scheme so everyone is using the same software versions, and they support some software that isn't in Debian Sid.
>>
>>60023591
Yep, apparmor In Debian sucks because they don't support or update the profiles. There was a debate on the mailing list as to whether it was worth doing but the devs didn't want to go the same way Fedora has with SELinux, and people constantly turning it off.
>>
You're an idiot if you think that MAC (apparmor/SELinux) isn't necessary for a secure GNU/Linux OS.
>>
>>60022958
Can someone inform a clueless faggot about the sjw shit?
>>
>>60023838
install gentoo
>>
>>60023858
But Debian just werks
>>
Yes. If the fact that they name their releases after fucking toy story characters didn't tip you off, I don't know how you function day-to-day.
>>
>>60025032
naming your distro after yourself and your gf is worse
especially if you then break up with your gf but your distro is still Deb + Ian
in the end you can't take it anymore and ask the police to end you
>>
>>60023591
>firewall preconfigured
Sounds like you should be using Windows
>>
>Everyhing I'm not used to is a meme
Some of you faggots are so fucking stupid.
>>
>>60023591
Ubuntu has no firewall enabled by default:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Security/Features#Configurable_Firewall
>>
>>60025297
in general if you care about security in a desktop OS you should be using Windows and not some total disaster like X11.
>>
>>60022958
Definitely. The only stability it has is that bugs are aplenty and never patched so you can safely write your own patches and they'll work for the next 2 decades, guaranteed.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.