[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thank you, Microsoft

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

Windows has just added a new excellent feature that is going to replace the need of installing third-party apps. On top of that, it's a feature that improves your sleep and consequently your health.

Linux users can only dream about having such ease of use.
>>
>>60009147
f.lux
>>
>>60009158
Do you have Downs syndrome or did you just receive your education in the US?

OP literally made it explicit that this is about getting rid of fuc.ks or any other third-party shit. It's built-in now.
>>
>>60009158
oh no you took the bait
at least this thread can die now
>>
>>60009175
"A feature that improves people's health. Since I'm a fat basement dweller that must be bait. Nobody in the world should care about their health"
>>
>>60009147
but Linux already has that. its called GUHNOME Night Light
>>
>>60009147
1 poo has been deposited into your loo, pajeet.
>>
there are ads in control panel now too? glad I left after win7
>>
this is where accusations of bloat come from.
>>
File: gnome-night-light.jpg (22KB, 750x403px) Image search: [Google]
gnome-night-light.jpg
22KB, 750x403px
>>60009147
What is that complicated UI? Is the entire Windows 10 like that? So user-unfriendly.
>>
>>60009147
Redshift
>>
>>60009147
>using a computer as a night light

>>60009171
>OP literally made it explicit that this is about getting rid of fuc.ks or any other third-party shit. It's built-in now.
And how the hell does that make it better?
>>
How is Windows night mode holding up to Flux IRL?

Here is Apple nightshift vs flux
>>
File: 1492720746966.jpg (194KB, 942x908px) Image search: [Google]
1492720746966.jpg
194KB, 942x908px
>>60009147
sudo apt-get install redshift
sudo dnf install redshift
sudo pacman -S redshift
>>
>nuking your color accuracy for an unproven placebo

ya no ty
>>
Why the hell does anybody use these things?
Are you so mentally challenged you can't just look at a clock and put down your fucking phone to go to bed?
>>
>>60009693
>t. Retard
>>
>>60009158
F.lux was a botnet, at least this way we keep it down to just windows being the botnet
>>
>>60009171
are you retarded?
winshit is the only pajeet tier OS that makes it hard to install and manage software packages.
this solution is inferior to installing and managing redshift in a GNU/Linux box (1 click at install, 0 click for updates)
>>
MacOS already has this shit
>>
>>60009650
They're not the same, one has half the features of the other and a completedly different UI
>>
>>60010240
Curious, which features does it have over redshift?
>>
>>60009147
Golly. I'm so excited.
>>
>>60009147
>feature not in LTSB nor Server 2016
Literally a non-feature
>>
>>60009677
>>60009693
This, boggles my mind.
>>
>>60009650
hahaha
>>
>>60009158
no need to cuss
>>
f.lux et al. have not been proven in any way to "improve your sleep."
>>
f.lux is terrible to look at, why do people use this meme?
>>
>>60009147
/g/ loves flux but they'll hate this shit and call it bloat.
Personally, I just adjust the brightness on my monitor.
>>
>>60009255
you sure senpai?
>can't just enable it for all day
>have to set it like 00:00 to 23:59

>can't adjust color temperature

0/10
>>
gnome has that too
kde propably too
>>
What's wrong with third party apps? We used to call pointless included rubbish bloatware. If you want f.lux, download f.lux; don't push it through Windows Update
>>
>>60011899
>why can't I enable NIGHT LIGHT all day
gee anon, it's almost like you're trying to permanently change your color temperature with an app designed to change it automatically on a timer
>>
>>60009147
Apparently it turns off when running fullscreen programs and forgets to turn itself back on after your done.
>>
>>60012751
the point is windows gets to shamelessly steal ideas from existing applications, not that windows itself is evil, but that people working for microsoft are talentless hacks attempting to standout among their peers by implementing an "outstanding feature" and increase their personal "human capital".

Unfortunately because most of microsoft's employees are pajeets that just results in a shit load of theft of IP, but they have lawyers so they only steal from people who can't fight back.
>>
>>60012768
Is there an easier way? Is there really?
>>
If im on my computer i will have lit surroundings so i dont need to adjust screens.
>>
We've had this on mac for a while now.

"night shift"
>>
https://github.com/Tyrrrz/LightBulb
>>
>>60009255
DELETE THIS
WINDOWS IS BETTER
IT'S MADE BY HIGH TECH AMERICAN CODERS NOT BASEMENT DWELLERS AND CIA SCHIZO NIGGERS
>>
>>60009147
oh I can't wait to have my pc permanently on, including mics and webcams.
>>
File: redshift.png (32KB, 738x581px) Image search: [Google]
redshift.png
32KB, 738x581px
KDE reporting.
>>
>>60009147
My ipad could do this since at least a year ago.

As usual microshaft stealing other companies' ideas.
>>
>>60017364
I came here just to post this too. Too bad the insecure windows herd need to constantly smear on other OS as a mantra to feel better with themselves about microsoft screwing them on purpose.
>>
>>60017364
Looks like shit.
>>
Why not just not look at the screen?
>>
>>60009147
Gnome 3.24 has this also build in.
https://help.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/3.24/
>>
File: night-light.png (158KB, 940x418px) Image search: [Google]
night-light.png
158KB, 940x418px
>>60009147
>>
>>60009147
> $ redshift -O 3000
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.