[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Private Cloud

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1464033662000.jpg (418KB, 1581x834px) Image search: [Google]
1464033662000.jpg
418KB, 1581x834px
Sup /g/
I dont come here that often but I need some guidance on a project. Im trying to create a server to hold a compilation of all my movies, pics, infographics, all of wikipedia, pepes, etc. Essentially I want me and a few whitelisted IPs to be able to access it and download and upload as we please from where we please.
I'm willing to do it all by myself but im balls at encryption/security.
What do you guys think?
Have any of you attempted something like this before?

Pic not particularly related
>>
bamp
>>
This is most definitely Googleable.
>>
>>60003396
Google only recommends me GUI heavy apps. Im putting this all on a headless and would rather it be low key, secure, and rely mostly on my own resources. I feel like with the craze of preparing for the (((collapse))) there must be others out there working on similar projects.
>>
>>60002819
Yes, but I am an amateur as well.

The basic routine for a self hosted cloud storage would be:
- Set up free virtualisation software on your computer (or get a slow as Raspberry Pi 3, or somthing similar)
- install a headless Linux distro of your liking into the virtual machine / raspberry pi.
- setup a simple webserver (nginx or appache)
- setup portforwardings in your router
- download letsencrypt (to get a valid https certificate)
- setup webserver with https certificate
- setup php7
- setup mysql / mariadb
- setup owncloud/nextcloud/seafile

There are tons of guides on the internet that explain this in way more detail.

Just google a few of the keywords listed above.
>>
>>60003577
I am samefag ...

I forgot to mention that you should follow the hardening guides for nextcloud / owncloud / your linux distro, etc.

Just google it and experiment.
>>
Run OpenStack. It's secure, scalable, and offers a bunch of services. The installation process is quite in-depth, but I assume you're mostly tech-literate. The Horizon service gives you a nice web interface to login from too.
>>
>>60003618
Samefag again:

Forgot to mention that you might need to setup DynDNS / free domain (spdns, freenom works for me) with your router or inside of your virtual machine if you internet connection provider provides you with dynamic IP addresses.
>>
>>60003691
Seems a bit of a heavyweight compared to things like sea file. Is it worth the extra trouble?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.