[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dell Canvas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: Dell-Canvas-Image_1.jpg (3MB, 4500x2492px) Image search: [Google]
Dell-Canvas-Image_1.jpg
3MB, 4500x2492px
How do you feel about Dell Canvas?

http://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/ph/secure/2017-04-20-dell-announces-new-hdr10-monitor-with-uhd

Available in July for $1,800.
>>
>>59994733
I don't even draw and I want one and considering what it is, $1800 isn't bad
>>
>>59994733
Not a big fan of Dell.

This was last Tuesday:

I ordered a dell 7000 inspiron on 4-15-17 over the phone. Sales guy said it came with PCIe SSD drive. I asked him three times to make sure. He confirmed three times. After I paid 860.18 on my credit card, i checked the specs on the recite. The recite said SSD Hard Drive, but no PCIe. I then called sales back up and talked to same rep. He said he would double check. Put me on hold for 10 minutes and came back and said it was a PCIe drive. He then said that he would confirm with another email that it was a PCIe drive. I never got the email.

I called today, Tuesday the 18th, to ask another tech support guy about my computer hard drive because i suspicious. He said he could not confirm that it was a PCIe SSD drive, so i cancelled the order in a second call after I thought about this string of bullshit I was receiving.

I then got on live chat on dell.com and tried to order the same computer with a PCIe drive. The new salesman said he was able to do that. I asked for a written record of the order to be emailed to me, but he refused and then told me that inspirion 7000 laptops do not come with a PCIe SSD drive anymore.

I copied all conversations and all emails.

Customer No:

Order number

Sales rep:
Sandeep Haridas
[email protected]
(800) 456-3355
Ext: 4162651
>>
>Dell 27" 4K HDR monitor is $2K
>While LG's 32" 4K HDR monitor is $1K
Fuck that bullshit. That Canvas thing also better be 4K at the least for a display that large.
>>
Receipt.
>>
File: wLdCZBc.png (353KB, 400x594px) Image search: [Google]
wLdCZBc.png
353KB, 400x594px
>>59994794
Yea. Im on a cell here. Cut me some slack!
>>
>>59994793
Canvas is 1440p.
a Wacom tablet of the same price is only 1080p and 22 inches so its not a bad deal
>>
>>59994820
Well at least it's not 1080 I guess. Those bezels are also fuckhuge without any buttons. Unless they added in haptic feedback that sounds like a nightmare to use (even with those knob things)
>>
>>59994787
Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>59994917
for something that you are supposed to lay your arms on just having a bezeless 27 Inch screen wouldn't be too comfortable IMO
>>
>>59994924
Right. I had an Air. The battery got old and warped my keyboard. Im shopping for a laptop with a touch screen now. Apple doesnt make those. Dont mind Apple though.
>>
>>59995025
XPS 13, the most common meme here. That's what Torvalds is using now too.
or VAIO S
http://us.vaio.com/vaio-s/
I have the older generation, VAIO Pro 11, it still just werks. Carbon fiber build made in Japan. Linus was using this before he switched to the XPS after several years.
>>
>>59994787
>inspiron
>PCIE
wrong line of laptops bub. that's like asking for a dedicated GPU on a fucking atom. Do your own research next time
>>
>>59994950
>laying your arms when drawing or sculpting

You're supposed to lock your wrist and ideally use just your shoulder but failing that your elbow and shoulder. Less points of motion lets you render more consistent and fluid motions when drawing or sculpting. That's why a lot of old school artists hold the pencil upwards against a large standing canvas. Some people claw grip their styluses because it helps keep your hands and arm off the tablet so you don't drag and you get free use of your elbows.

Still, it looks pretty nice. I'm guessing it's a 24" screen + bezel?
>>
>>59994733
better get a Surface Studio
>>
>>59994787
>didn't check notebookcheck.net to make sure
>relying on pajeet who knows nothing

Every company does this. It's what happens when you pay people slave wages.
>>
>>59994733
Don't know shits yet but the price is more tempting than a $2800 cintiq for sure
>>
>>59994917
The bezel is fuckhuge because it is a working area.

When you are drawing or whatever near the edge of the paper/area you still want somewhere you rest your hand.
It is completely understandable in this case to keep large bezel areas. It isn't a monitor.
>>
>>59994787
You had to ask the sales rep to tell you the specs, and ordered it over the phone? Aren't you up a little late gramps?
>>
>>59994733

seems really inconvenient. i like to feel the keys as i press them.
>>
>>59994787

>ordering a computer over the phone

that's where you fucked up
>>
>>59994787
>Sandeep
>>
Was interested to buy when I read about it.

But as soon as I saw those xbox hueg bezels..
>>
File: Popuko_22.png (33KB, 332x268px) Image search: [Google]
Popuko_22.png
33KB, 332x268px
>>59994820
Wacom Cintiq uses a different digitizer technology, has a matte display, and is aimed at a different kind of creative professional than the Canvas
I can assure you that the Cintiq, while expensive, is one of the few long-standing display tablet designs for good reason
>>
>>59994733
Looks like 2:1 resolution, so no.

5:3 is ideal. 8:5 is alright. 16:9 I'll bare.
Anything shorter than those is garbage and I won't remotely consider them.
>>
>>60001179
Also, needs Freesync2 support to be considered.
>>
>>59994787
dell consumer != dell business
>>
>>59994733
I thought you fags liked mechanical keyboards.
That pad will fuck your fingers
>>
>>59994820
Wacom is good though that's the difference
This is glass Mac-like surface studio tier gimmickry
>>
File: bbauftvwcv0qykgep5rv.jpg (101KB, 970x546px) Image search: [Google]
bbauftvwcv0qykgep5rv.jpg
101KB, 970x546px
>That low angle.
Absolute fucking nope, say goodbye to your neck and back working on this.
You need to be able to elevate these tablets to any angle of your choosing.
Otherwise it will be hell working on one.
So you need to buy an adjustable table if you get this thing.
Wish that they'd focus less on marketing with the gimmicky color wheels and focus more on actual functionality.
I need to be able to use tons of macros while drawing and the simplicity of that wheel is a serious design flaw.
It would need a bunch of buttons on the side to work, now it's just a flashy minimalist tool that's borderline useless.

Also I watched some video about it where this marketing woman talks about the tablet.
She said
>When artists draw they have it down on the table and when they need to use it as a display, they have their tablets standing up.
Which is total horseshit. If this was the case, people wouldn't be buying expensive stands for their 27 Cintiqs.
Most people draw on their tablets when they're in the elevated position, mainly to prevent fucking up your back by having to constantly look down and crouch over it.
I'm half convinced that they have absolutely no idea what they're doing and just wanted to make something novel to lure in the customers.
Unfortunately functionality wins in this field, not the gimmicky wheels or touch functions.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.