[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just how popular is the cloud?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: my_soul.jpg (59KB, 600x588px) Image search: [Google]
my_soul.jpg
59KB, 600x588px
>be me
>fixing father's phone (removing the back cover)
>"How do I use the cloud Anon?"
>I don't know shit about the cloud other than what I read on /g/
>"You need to hire a cloud service!", I say with the confidence of someone who knows what he's talking about
>mother is watching
>palms are sweaty
>hands are heavy
>both look worried that I might drop the phone
>"Anon, Just what is the cloud?", father asks
>"Someone else's computer!", I yell
>mother and father jump back
>"Another computer", I correct myself
>"No, it's everyone's computers in a network", says mother
>"Who owns the computer", asks father at the same time
>"The jews!", by the time I thought about not saying that the words had already left my mouth
>mother and father are aghast
>total silence while I'm trying to add a new microSD to father's phone
>mother and father keep their looks away the whole time
>I break the silence "It's not everyone's computer. It's a computer"
>"Everything couldn't fit in a single computer. It would be too big, Nobody could own such computer!", speaks father sounding as if he was speaking to a retarded child
>"Right, it has to be the network", mother interjects
>"Yes. I read years ago that the NASA uses your computer to do some calculations without you even knowing. The cloud is something like that", concludes father
>I don't know which one of the implied misconceptions I should address, and noting my dumbfounded face, father says:
>"Then tell me; Where is the computer? Exactly where? Physically. Just tell me where the cloud is physically! Obviously it isn't an actual cloud! It can't be!"
>("In Austin, Texas"), I yell in my mind; but I am unable to understand how I reached that conclusion
>while I am there with a confused look trying to figure out why I thought that, mother and father laugh at me because of how fucking stupid I am

Why does it have to hurt so much?
>>
>"How do I use the cloud Anon?"
"You're already using it, Dad. It's just a marketing gimmick for storing your data online. Your gmail account is 'the cloud', and you could email an archive of your photos to yourself to have it backed up there if you wanted."
"oh"

Actual conversation I had with my Dad last week.
>>
>Autism: The Novel
>>
well at least you have a dad

mine is dead
>>
>"No, it's everyone's computers in a network", says mother
She's completely correct, but that's sure not how the term is used today.
>>
When you're so awkward, its your patents now.
>>
>"The jews!"
kek
>>
dumb frogposter
>>
File: Steam_2017-04-21_08-12-31.png (569B, 72x19px) Image search: [Google]
Steam_2017-04-21_08-12-31.png
569B, 72x19px
>>59994494
but how do you use the cloud?
>>
>>59994494
Anon, you know that your greentext narration skill is sub-par, right? I know the style that you are going for but the execution is horrid.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.