[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Internet is particularly susceptible to a gradient descent algo.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: internetis.png (511KB, 622x719px) Image search: [Google]
internetis.png
511KB, 622x719px
>Internet is particularly susceptible to a gradient descent algo.

What did he mean by this?
>>
File: godelon.png (132KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
godelon.png
132KB, 300x300px
>>59990841
> Gradient

That's in GIMP when a color fades into another

> Descent

Going down. Gradual descent

> Algo

Algorithm.

The internet is particular susceptible to an algorithm that will gradually bring it down.

But how?
>>
>>59990841
Gradient descent finds the best parameters for an algorithm by moving towards optimums. Hacker can use gradient descents to find the best way to bring down servers etc
>>
>>59991647
gradient descent is literally approximating solutions to partial derivatives

how the fuck would you use that to bring down a server
>>
>>59991742
Because you have parameters to your skiddy programs and use gradient descent to find optimums based on some output score
>>
>>59991754
I don't think you understand how this works
>>
>>59991771
I don't think you understand anything about machine learning
>>
>>59990841
>What did he mean by this?

What he meant by this ? I will tell you what he meant by this, he is a fucking con artist that said a sentence of buzz words that don't even make sense, in order to gain publicity and get more tax money from congress so he can fund his little "revolutionary" startups, which basically are a front so his brother and peter thiel can launder their money. He is a literal cuckold that sucked peter thiels cock so he would buy his failing startups x.com.
>>
>>59991778
for the sake of argument, give me some examples of skiddy program parameters for which you could use GD to find optimal values. I'm not saying Musk is wrong (I just don't know what he's saying), finding optimal parameters for `skiddy programs` makes no fucking sense
>>
>>59991821
WOW, this guy's mad
>>
Algo means something in Spanish. I forget what though.
>>
>>59990841
when he went to russia to talk about making rockets a russian scientist spat in his face.
i can only imagine it was because he was spouting some drivel like this.
>>
>>59991821
Fuck you. Go fuck yourself. You'll never be like Elon Musk.

You aren't smart enough. You aren't determined enough. You don't care enough about the underlying problems humanity is facing, you just want to get rich and be famous and go on talk shows and launch rockets and drive electric cars. You don't want to put in 70+ hour weeks for years straight, you want the benefits of 70+ hour weeks for years straight. Well fuck you, you can't have them.
There are a hundred other people just like you who have asked this exact same question on this sub, and not a single one of them is anything like Elon Musk. They all get this great spark of motivation, this surge of "I can be great!", and then they post on here, and then they fizzle out like losers and we never hear from them again. That's what you're going to do too, I know it. I know it because, if you were going to be like Elon Musk, you wouldn't be posting on reddit about it. You'd be reading whatever you have to read to gain the deepest possible understanding of the fields you want to change. Of the fields you believe you need to change, of the fields you know you must change. And then you would do it.
Fuck you. You're not going to be like Elon Musk, because you're waiting to hear our answers for what to do and who to be. Elon Musk wouldn't listen to a single word I've said. He would just fucking do it anyway. He'd go and be himself. He'd go and change the world.
>>
File: disdainfulgowdy.jpg (231KB, 1208x1421px) Image search: [Google]
disdainfulgowdy.jpg
231KB, 1208x1421px
>>59991901
> on this sub
> you wouldn't be posting on reddit
>>
>>59991901
It's bed time Elon
>>
>>59991943
This makes the bait more effective.
>>
>>59990841
God how much autism do you morons have, he is talking about the pic being used, it has a descent gradient from corner to corner, he told the photographer to do it on photoshop cause the internet would like it more
>>
>>59991892
From what I remember, he went to Russia to talk about buying one of their rockets, which is when he got spat upon.
>>
>>59990841
He probably means that (D)DoS-ing a bunch of core routers in the backbone would give very good results.
>>
>>59990841
what he meant was, that when it comes to a gradient descent algo, the internet would find itself particularly susceptible.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.