[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Android is garbage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_20170420-132529.png (4MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170420-132529.png
4MB, 1440x2560px
Check this out

Android has a "keep wifi on during sleep" option

The options are "Always", "Only when plugged in", and "Never"

There is no "Keep wifi on during sleep only if wifi was already on" option. It will turn your wifi on for you if you weren't using WiFi before putting the phone to sleep.

if, for example, you have WiFi turned off and have it set to "Always", turning off the display will turn wifi ON

EVEN IF YOU EXPLICITLY HAVE WIFI DISABLED

this cuts off any current connections of course, because of a network change

Alternatively, if you have it set to never and happen to be using WiFi, the phone will turn the WiFi chip off when you close the screen, therefore changing the network and dropping current connections

Android will never not attempt to change the network when you put it to sleep.

You can either have 4g that switches to wifi at will if you're near a known network, or wifi that switches to 4g at will if you have service

Both when you shut the screen off of course.

The only way to stay completely consistent is to only either use wifi or 4g exclusively, or change the “keep wifi on during sleep” option back and forth depending on what you're doing, likely multiple times a day.

This is why professionals use iOS. There's so many little inconsistencies in Android and Linux, riddled through the software like pores in a sponge. And you have NO WAY OF KNOWING how many are impacting you WITHOUT your knowledge.
>>
Nice b8
>>
>>59989829
Ain't b8 m8
Refute it, please prove me a retard because this shit is bugging the hell out of me
>>
Autism. JUST Autism
>>
For what do you need wi fi during sleep. Relax man.
>>
>>59989765
You really thought long and hard about this didn't you?
>>
Have you tested this?
Also >>59989829
>>
File: ?(2).png (355KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
?(2).png
355KB, 512x512px
buy a applel phone instead if it bothers u so much to write an entire essay about it
>>
why are y'all fags so against taking 3 minutes to think aloud on the internet
>>
>>59989765
Use Leandroid if you need this obscure use case feature that badly.
>>
>>59989765
No
>>
>>59990412
You say no because you think that I'm being so ridiculous that your immediate psychological response is stupefaction. This is common when being given new ideas that logically contradict existing ones, such as telling flat earthers that they're wrong.
>>
>>59989765
most advanced tech company in the world which employs most skilled engineers leads the project + open source community + multi billion dollar companies using and contributing to the source code. yes it is garbage because a dumb nigger like you says so in a chinese cartoon forum
>>
>>59990604
>java os
>>
>>59990604
hey haha that was a good one :)
>>
>>59989765
it's good enough for trump
>>
>>59990324
That's like ten sentences, stop browsing with your phone fag
>>
File: ?(3).png (245KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
?(3).png
245KB, 512x512px
>>59992251
i was being lel ironic XD
>>
>>59990005
Background tasks, like checking/downloading e-mail, checking for app updates, updating Google Now, just anything that runs in the background while the device is asleep, will use mobile data instead of being on Wi-Fi. Given like 80% or more of people in the US have very limited data plans (<5GB), that shit can run through your mobile data like people run through your mom.
>>
>>59990604
>most killed engineers
Google is now a pajeet company with a pajeet OS. Their shit has been going downhill every since Android 5.0.
>>
>>59989765
>if, for example, you have WiFi turned off and have it set to "Always", turning off the display will turn wifi ON
>EVEN IF YOU EXPLICITLY HAVE WIFI DISABLED

I don't believe this part.

also, why would you ever turn your wifi off?
>>
>>59989765
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.llamalab.automate&hl=fr
>>
Agreed.
>>
>>59993734
What that setting actually does is disconnect your phone from wifi when it is asleep for an extended period of time, and only reconnects during small windows when tasks run (I.e. getting incoming notifications) or when the screen is turned back on. It doesn't disable wifi at all, op has no idea what they're talking about.

Some Android devices and versions do not go into deep sleep (Doze mode) as often when wifi is connected all the time, and because of that they drain more battery. Setting that setting to "While plugged in or on" will leave the wifi radio active and maintaining connection only when in use or power is not an issue, and terminate the connection to save battery when you're phone is not in use.
>>
>>59993875
Why would it disconnect from Wifi when asleep when Wifi uses less battery power than maintaining a cellular data connection? This seems completely bassackwards.
>>
>>59989765
Sorry to tell you buddy, but you're fucking retarded.

No my phone literally never turns on WiFi by itself. If it's off, and I put it to sleep, its off when I wake it back up, even if the settings is set to "always".

And for the second part, of course. That's the expected behavior. If you told the device to turn off wifi when you turn the display off, it's supposed to do exactly that: turn off wifi. It shouldn't matter if the connections drop
>>
>>59993728
Everything tech is Pajeet now, designated shitting streets will soon be a (virtual) reality for everyone.
>>
>>59989765
Don't be a faggot and root/xposed/custom rom
>>
OP here.
1 sec. Taking a video to prove you faggots wrong.
>>
jesus christ just blame yourself for being an americunt and getting cucked by the jew corps

thats such a fucking non issue here for me
>6 euro
>40 gb data plan
>full speed LTE
>free data transfer from midnight 0:00 to 8:00 morning
>end up downloading +1tb in a month on LTE
>no throttles no caps
>6€

kill yourself op
>>
>>59996351
Your time is up. I am not waiting any more.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.