[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SAP Consultant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1200px-SAP_2011_logo.svg.png (37KB, 1200x612px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-SAP_2011_logo.svg.png
37KB, 1200x612px
Hello /g/,
I'm a French CS student in his freshman year, and I'm posting here in hope of reaching someone working with SAP or any ERP.
Indeed, for one of my finals this semester, I need to write a report on the job I'd like to work in after college, and I have chosen SAP Consultant. One of the requirement for this report is to have an interview of someone working in the field, but no one responded to my querry so far, so you're my last hope /g/, as i'm still in need of an interview and my report is due for tomorrow. If anyone can answer my (few and simple) questions, please email me at [email protected].
Thank you /g/
>>
>>59982467
Don't waste your time. SAP and ERP are some of the most worthless contributions to human life. Your be better off killing yourself.
t. Ex corporate whore
>>
>>59982717
Thanks for your insight, but even if it sucks, I still need to ask questions to someone in this field.
>>
>>59982467
>SAP
Is this the company responsible for Sybase and SQL Anywhere? If so I am currently a consultant and my clients system uses that and I've been knee deep in it for the past 6 months. What do you wanna know?
>>
what do you need senpai

>>59982717
u mad?

>>59983224
SAP purchased Sybase and renamed that product to SAP SQL Anywhere. It's not SAP's core product (which is the Business Suite, mainly the ERP or more modern S/4HANA) but SAP does own it.
>>
File: implying.jpg (331KB, 2024x1518px) Image search: [Google]
implying.jpg
331KB, 2024x1518px
>>59983385 here
forgot image
>>
>>59982717
this is true, the whole thing is a scam
>>
>>59983385
>>59983392
Not OP. I've heard that SAP consultants get $100k+ a year simply configuring & deploying SAP software for companies, t/f?

If so, why the fuck is it so difficult?
>>
>Consultant

Trust me frer
It's the shittiest job possible
You're everyone little bitch and you'll never get recognition
You'll never see the result of your hard work
SAP is pure trash especially the custom versions every nigger thought it would be a good idea to implement for their trashy corporation

t. ex consultant
>>
>>59983438
>Not OP. I've heard that SAP consultants get $100k+ a year simply configuring & deploying SAP software for companies, t/f?
This depends on the country, company that you consult for (and finds you work/bills your client), and your expertise, but a lot of consultants will make north of $100,000 a year. If you get ahead of the curve and can work on some new skills. It also depends on your compensation.

To answer your question, SAP is a huge, huge world with a lot of different specialties. Building up that knowledge and expertise in different areas like Finance or Materials Management or BASIS is something that takes time, and then as the product changes (e.g. major changes to core functionalities in S/4HANA) you have to learn new things. Companies rely on SAP systems to run their businesses and to act as systems of records, so you don't want them to screw up by being penny wise and pound foolish (finding a slightly cheaper guy who doesn't set it up right and then all of the sudden you can't fill orders at your warehouse because something goes down).

Consultant pay is also generally higher in any industry because consultant means a lot of travel, typically 3-4 weeks a month, and you have to compensate people so they're willing to put up with that.
>>
>>59983385
Why would I be mad? I'm not a corporate whore anymore. I escaped the grind. Are you made that your employer has you on here shilling for their shitty products?
>>
>>59982467
What kind of questions would you like to ask?
I have *some* knowledge in the field
>>
>>59983472
Hey man even if you stopped being a consultant, could you email me at my temp adress so I can ask you a few questions ? Even if it's some bullshit I just need someone who worked in the industry to be able to finish y report.
[email protected]
>>
>>59983532
Hey, thanks for the offer man, can you hit me up at [email protected] so we can talk privately ?
>>
>>59983528
They don't pay me to shill on /g/ and why would they? Nobody here is going to buy millions of dollars in enterprise applications.

A lot of people that are salty about SAP haven't even touched it, they just repeat the memes they've heard.
>>
I work on a SAP enterprise system everyday, and I like SAP

Just because you can't rice it, doesn't make it bad.
>>
>>59983666
Hey,sorry to bother you, it would be awesome if you could answer a few questions about your work, can you mail me at [email protected] ?
>>
>>59983666
Trips witnessed
>>
>>59983666
>mark of the beast
>I like SAP
>>
>>59983549
>>59983392 here
I dropped you an email just in case nobody else did so far.
>>
>>59984903
I replied to you with my real account, as my temp email does not allow sending messages.
>>
>>59985361
I responded back to your reply.
>>
>>59983666
>and I like SAP
Sure you do satan, sure you do.
>>
>>59985385
I don't know if you've seen it but I emailed you the questions .
>>
>>59986082
I just replied at length, I did see it, but thanks for checking.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.