[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you fell for the OLED meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Burn in.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
Burn in.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
>tfw you fell for the OLED meme
>>
>>59977350
The Moto 360 is IPS LCD you autistic cunt. Can you fuck off back to plebbit?
>>
IDK why Apple doesn't use OLED. It fits with their planned obsolescence pretty well. I have slight burn in on my Nexus 6p after just a year of use (the home/back/multi tasking buttons are barely visible in full screen apps), iPhones switching to OLED would force normies to upgrade after 2 years easily.
>>
>>59977646
IPS is still cheaper to make, glued battery is already a good enough fail point for people to replace there phones. OLED even after 3 years doesn't look bad if you use your phone normally you would have to be looking for it to notice any degradation.
>>
>>59977749
My dad used his iphone for like 4 years. He just bought a battery case when the battery started going bad. Apple could use an OLED screen they know won't look good after 2 years.
>>
>>59977845
They could, but to be honest the people that are going to keep a phone for that long I doubt is going to care about screen degradation as it doesn't effect the overall use of the phone as much as the battery does.
If your dad is willing to put up with having a battery case just to use his phone for any amount of time, a degraded screen wouldn't be that much if a annoyance.

Also on the same token people keeping there iPhones for 4+ years some will get a battery replacement at the point your taking the screen off might as well replace that too
>>
> Burn in

Fuck is that what that is where I can see the shadow of the top bar on my S5? I thought that was just from the blue light filter I installed...
>>
>>59977350
#ips
>>
>>59977845
Perhaps your dad should have spent just a little more and had the battery replaced. A decent, long-life battery does cost but it rejuvenates the phone.
Unless you want the cutting edge features there's no sense in buying a new phone.
Apple's big problem now is that their phones and tablets last too long. There's little pressure to replace them unless it's new features. Hence the plateauing of iPad sales.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.