[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys keep your pc from becoming dusty? How do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

How do you guys keep your pc from becoming dusty?

How do you clean it if it does?
>>
I have a small HEPA air filter in my room that clears up most of the dust.
>>
>>59972076
Positive pressure on your fans goes a long way, make sure you have more intake than exhause. Dust filters built into your case. If you don't have any, search Amazon for them along with the size of your fans. I have never had to dust the inside of my computer, and simply wipe off the filters once a month. This build is going on 4 years old with negligible interior dust.
>>
>>59972076
"Prebuilt from CyberpowerPC that will be replaced in two years anyway" starter kit.
>>
File: 1492237108795-gif.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1492237108795-gif.gif
2MB, 250x188px
>>59972076
clean your filthy fucking room you sperg.
>>
File: compressor_.jpg (254KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
compressor_.jpg
254KB, 1000x1500px
I use a little electric air compressor. Been using an electric compressor for 20 years or so. I bought this particular model about five years ago when it went on sale for $75 at a local Home Depot. I have since added quick-connect adapters to the nozzles and a 25 foot hose. Blows out the dust in my pc, fills the air in my car and bike tires, and inflates my rafts and tubes and such for my pool.

Here's the compressor -
https://www.amazon.com/PORTER-CABLE-C2002-Oil-Free-Pancake-Compressor/dp/B000O5RO1Y/ref=pd_bxgy_469_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B000O5RO1Y&pd_rd_r=Q8BXX7B990RSPFJRQGDM&pd_rd_w=KoZun&pd_rd_wg=Y9MSp&psc=1&refRID=Q8BXX7B990RSPFJRQGDM

This is the quick connect adapters -
https://www.amazon.com/ColorConnex-Coupler-Plug-Piece-Industrial/dp/B003O5B5LG/ref=sr_1_2?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1492627400&sr=1-2&keywords=air+compressor+quick+connect+fittings

This is the nozzle kit -
https://www.amazon.com/Campbell-Hausfeld-17-Piece-Accessory-MP284701AV/dp/B0000CBJKT/ref=pd_bxgy_469_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0000CBJKT&pd_rd_r=4W5WBB6W88210G4QHECP&pd_rd_w=ikN7T&pd_rd_wg=mPds3&psc=1&refRID=4W5WBB6W88210G4QHECP

This is the hose -
https://www.amazon.com/Campbell-Hausfeld-Hose-Blue-PA117701AV/dp/B000BOAB9K/ref=pd_bxgy_469_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B000BOAB9K&pd_rd_r=4W5WBB6W88210G4QHECP&pd_rd_w=ikN7T&pd_rd_wg=mPds3&psc=1&refRID=4W5WBB6W88210G4QHECP
>>
>>59972454
Enjoy that compressed water vapor all over your electronics. You are misting water all over your pc. That is why compressed canned air is preferred no water just co2.
>>
>>59972076
>keep your pc from becoming dusty

Not an exact science. It depends on many things. Some locations produce more dust than others. Some cases allow in more dust than others. General rule: More cubic feet of air per minute pulling in than pushing out. Put a dust filter in front of all fans pulling in. Get a solid case with tight fittings. Clean the dust out of the pc room regularly. Put the pc up on a solid surface instead of directly on the floor or rug.
>>
>>59972454
add a water trap too
>>
>>59972503
>compressed water vapor

Like I said, I've been doing this for over 20 years. I've never had a water vapor problem. The only time I've seen water vapor emerge from the compressor was when I was using it for more than ten minutes or so, blowing up backyard inflatables or such. I never spend more than a couple of minutes blowing out my pc, so there isn't a chance for water vapor to develop. Perhaps some compressors produce water vapor immediately, although I find that very hard to believe. Also, most compressors have some kind of plug on the bottom that can be opened to release trapped water. With proper usage, an electric air compressor is the way to go.
>>
>>59972285
This
>>
File: 1492457222214-pol.jpg (87KB, 350x273px) Image search: [Google]
1492457222214-pol.jpg
87KB, 350x273px
>>59972591
I guess you have a good compressor then. My 80 gallon 7hp compressor shoots water like crazy.
>>
>>59972699
>My 80 gallon 7hp compressor shoots water like crazy

Drain it out. It can't possibly make water instantly. The compressors I've used have always been little 5 to 8 gallon jobs. I use them for no more than two or three minutes at a time. 99% of what I do with my compressors is blow out my pc. They aren't running or expelling air long enough to produce a condensate. I've had that problem when filling a dozen backyard inflatables. I simply drained out the compressor when I was done. Surely your compressor has a drain plug. Perhaps it has lots of water inside that needs to be purged.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.