[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain what happened in this pic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 1492225080696.jpg (205KB, 1067x800px) Image search: [Google]
1492225080696.jpg
205KB, 1067x800px
Can someone explain what happened in this pic?
>>
tried to pull the cooler off a PGA chip.
>>
>>59970433
I would love to slide my finger over it. Hmmmmm
>>
>>59970433
probably hardware debugging of some huge FPGA array for ASIC sim. For this purpose enameled copper wire was soldered to the pads of an FPGA so it's easier to get to some signal(s) they want to investigate.
>>
>>59970484
but they are all touching.
>>
>>59970497
that's why the wires are enameled
>>
>>59970433
Somebody hotwired a BGA chip to a board
>>
>>59970497
They have insulated coating.
>>
so how do you cool it when its rigged like that?
>>
>>59970433
not powering the government secret cpu inside
>>
>>59970527
D15 :^)
>>
>>59970513
>>59970524
How can you tell?
>>
Dead-bugged BGA chip. They probably really wanted that bitxh on there and didn't have the equipment to do it properly, and just soldered all the connections manually using enameled wire. It looks horrid, but with a steady hand this wouldn't be hugely challenging for most people.

>>59970445
Return to /v/.

>>59970555
Enameled wire has a sort of sheen to it. Sometimes the enamel is reddish, at which point it's blatantly obvious.
>>
>>59970433
Looks like Stella got her groove back
>>
>>59970574
because they're touching
>>
>>59970484
But signal races and high frequency shenanigans would fuck the circuit over.

Any digital signal of 100 MHz to something that isn't just a couple of millimeters away (or load balanced) end up fucked up.
>>
Don't traces on a motherboard have precise measurements for timing? Wouldn't this mess something up?
>>
>>59970663
yea crosstalk would be atrocious. this wouldn't work.
>>
>>59970658
>>59970663
>>59970756
depends on the speed, depends on the application etc. etc. etc.
>>
>>59970469
>not your dick
normie
>>
>>59970788
Of course. But it's strange to see such big BGA chips in low speed applications.
Besides mechanical support looks frail as fuck.

The only think it comes to mind is that someone is trying to reverse engineer that chip. I see no other reason for that clusterfuck of electrical montage.
>>
>>59970877
>But it's strange to see such big BGA chips in low speed applications
It won't be cooled so I wouldn't expect anything too high performance in this situation.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.