[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nexus 5x

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: nexus_5x-0-0.jpg (33KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
nexus_5x-0-0.jpg
33KB, 1600x900px
Who here has or has had a Nexus 5x?

I've had one for about a year and a half and I'm starting to get fairly concerned about it bootlooping. Is the issue really that common or is it just a very vocal minority? I honestly love this phone and don't know what I'd replace it with.
>>
I've had one since launch and haven't had any problems with it
>>
Have it for 7 months but thanks to reddit I'm positive it will bootloop eventually
>>
>>59965026
This pretty much. I've been led to believe every 5x will bootloop after a certain amount of time.
>>
>>59964737
It seems to be an LG problem, nearly every LG phone since the G3 has been having bootlooping issues.
I bought a G4 used and it was fine for a year, bootlooped last week.
My suggestion is, enjoy the phone while you can, always back up things you don't want to lose, jump ship before it bootloops or when it does.
>>
>>59964737
sell it on swappa. use a fake email because the buyer WILL email you in 3 months asking for their money back.
>>
My 5X bootlooped after a year.
>>
Once mine bootloops I'm going to send it off and get the 4Gb/32GB Ram/Storage upgrade that the Chinese does.
>>
>>59964737
I had it for a year and a half and had no problems with it. I, then, dropped it in a bucket of water, it died.
>>
>>59965231
Do you trust something like that? I've read that doing that may fix future potential bootloops because they do new soldering on the board. I'd be pretty interested in trying something like that honestly.

>>59965237
This is actually my second 5x. My first one got somewhat wet one day. I dried it in rice overnight, and it seemed fine afterwards, but when I went to charge it the port caught fire...
>>
>>59964737

I bought a 5x 2 months after release, so far only minor lagging and freezing, mostly when the battery is low.
>>
cheap plastic shit phone.
>>
>>59965292
Poor contribution.
>>
>>59965270
If it's already broken why not? And yeah they claim they can fix the bootloop.

I think it was around $60 for the whole thing. Which is amazing because this phone with 4GB of RAM and more storage could last me for several years.
>>
I've had one for like 4 months with little problems. Just a bit of occasional lag.

One MAJOR concern I had, proabably not because of the phone, is a burning hot charging cable. I bought a 3m usbc cable from /csg/ so I could charge the phone in bed, worked great for ages and one day as I'm laying there trying to sleep I smell this burning, and hear this kind of electrical noise. Turns out the cable/port is super hot, too hot to even touch.
Apparently its an issue with a lot of phones. Scary nonetheless.
>>
>>59965406
USB-C is finicky as fuck dude. They're not as "universal" as you'd think. Personally I wouldn't trust any charger other than the stock one that came with the phone, much less some shitty one from alibaba.
>>
My V10 bootlooped last night. I had to move back to my OPO. Would using a heatgun fix it or should I use a BGA rework station?
>>
>>59965441
I've seen people temporarily fix the g4 by heating the chip on the mobo with an iron or a hair dryer. I imagine the heat gun would work much better, since it's an issue with the chip lifting up from the mobo cause of bad solder. Idk how long it would last you though, it's probably good enough to transfer some stuff off the device but it'll bootloop again eventually.
>>
>>59965430
yeah don't buy cheap chink usb c cables
>>
I've had one since launch and I've been very happy with it. Probably going to replace it with the Pixel 2 though.
>>
>>59965794
It doesn't even have to be a cheap cable for it to be incompatible with the 5x. Like I said anything other than the stock cable is a recipe for trouble honestly.
>>
>>59964737
I have one. I think you have to be pretty unlucky to get the bootloop
>>
>>59965813
I mean it seems like it's at least somewhat common...
>>
I have a nexus 5x since launch. It's great except for the shite battery but you get what you pay for I guess.

Literally what is bootlooping?
>>
>>59965837
It reboots and then repeats the boot animation forever.
>>
>>59965852
until the battery is dead? and then it continues?
>>
>>59965812
used several other cables and have never had it not work
>>
>>59965862
I've not experienced it. That was the way it was described to me.
>>
>>59965231
if you are gonna let the chinese do anything to your phone just get a nexus 6p
>>
>>59965870
Good luck with that. I'm not risking it. The cord that came with it is fine. I don't see why I need anything else.
>>
>>59965270
>but when I went to charge it the port caught fire...
kek

>dried it overnight
>overnight
week at least
>>
>>59965884
Yeah I fucked up, but at least they covered it with the warranty.
>>
>>59965899
they covered you getting it wet? or they didn't know? either way things catching fire are almost always covered because they can be really big PR problems
>>
my bootlooped once it got out of warranty, if it hadn't, i would still be using it, amazing phone.

i was so mad when it bootlooped, I sperged out and tried everything, installing lineage os, i even soldered in new power microswitches, which was a super bitch. It was frustrating because I would try something and it would work for an hour and tease me, then crash again and bootloop.
>>
>>59965917
Have you dealt with Google support before? They didn't question anything and just sent me a new phone with no hassles at all. Google probably has some of the best support I've ever experienced. Hell I've called about what happens when my 5x bootloops out of warranty and they said it'd probably be replaced no problem.
>>
File: farewell my concubine.jpg (204KB, 1000x1328px) Image search: [Google]
farewell my concubine.jpg
204KB, 1000x1328px
>>59965952
that's great. Actually I've never had problems to contact them about. My nexus 4 ran for a grand total of FOUR years before I ended up dropping it for the millionth time and the screen broke. It was by that time slow and the camera outdated so I bought the 5x. Never had a problem but it's def good to know

pic related mfw I broke my nexus 4
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.