[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not getting Jewed by Comcast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 110406_comcast_hulu_ap_605.jpg (28KB, 605x328px) Image search: [Google]
110406_comcast_hulu_ap_605.jpg
28KB, 605x328px
So, a non tech savvy person that I know is going to HAVE to get Comcast service in their area. I can setup most of the crap myself, but I hardly know what they have. I am looking at Ooma for the phone service (needs the home phone), but I have no idea what to do for the DVR service.

So, how does g not get jewed by these fucks?
>>
>So, how does g not get jewed by these fucks?
their business model is to jew you
if you receive service from them, expect it.
>>
>>59961066
Do you know anyway to get internet and cable free without going through them?
>>
>>59961040
>>59961172
Sorry your non tech buddy will just need to suck Comcast's cock. The best thing for them is to pay Comcast for Internet and TV bundle.

As for the tech savvy..

Get access to a neighbors WiFi, whether that is cutting out a deal with them or just straight up crack their WiFi passphrase. Saves you over $50/month and provides a little anonymity for you.

Forget cable TV.. Pay for a VPN such as PIA or NordVPN then pirate the movies and tv shows. Shit gets too damn expensive overtime.
>>
>>59962973
>Internet and TV bundle
No one pays for TV anymore. I have it on good authority that subscriber rates have been decreasing for years. Just internet it and Netflix/stream tv/movies like every other millennial. If they are not tech savvy then getting them to piggyback someone's wifi will be too much of a chore.
>>
>>59963174
Pretty non-tech savvy, unfortunately.

>>59962973
I use their internet, so that's why I was trying to get it for them cheaper, but seems like certain things would be too much work. When I'm alone, i'll probably just crack a good connection in the area and use that for my shit. I pirate all this shit, and I offered that to them, but they want to use the remote.

Thanks though.
>>
>>59961040
Buy your own modem and NOT a Motorola Surfboard piece of shit. I have this one and it's awesome, I was pulling 75Mbps down the other night and I'm paying for 50. Ymmv

https://www.amazon.com/Zoom-DOCSIS-Cable-Modem-5341-02-03H/dp/B008Y7CESM/
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.