[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HARD DRIVES GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

Which hard drives are the best in 2017?

ssdfags need not apply.
>>
>>59959088
nvme ssd
>>
>>59959088
Hitachi if price is of no concern
the helium ones ofc.
>>
>>59959088
The only reason to use an HDD is to get maximum storage per dollar. So buy based on that and disregard what brand or model it is.

Remember that all models and brands of HDD can and do fail with or without warning, so use redundancy and backups.
>>
>>59959088
T H I C C
>>
File: PICT7214.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
PICT7214.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>SPINNING RUST GENERAL

For anons who like to take life slow.
>>
When I buy a bunch of drives
I try to make sure they all different models and makes
That way I avoid having a common design/manufacturing fault take out everything.
>>
What about Toshiba? Are they good?
>>
File: blog-fail-drives-manufacture.jpg (44KB, 560x781px) Image search: [Google]
blog-fail-drives-manufacture.jpg
44KB, 560x781px
https://www.backblaze.com/hard-drive.html
>>
>>59959088
Show me that ass
>>
>>59959088
HGST seems to do well as far as longevity and low relative failure rate goes according to articles I've seen here and there.
>>
>>59959524

THIS
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (167KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
167KB, 1280x720px
Does anyone have experience with these?
Are they any good?

I'm looking at a 2TB one for my laptop.
>>
File: 1463694610018.jpg (88KB, 931x576px) Image search: [Google]
1463694610018.jpg
88KB, 931x576px
>>59961132
No, they aren't any good.

SSHDs have the drawbacks of both SSDs and HDDs without the advantages of either. You use an HDD because you want the most storage per dollar, SSHDs are significantly more expensive than a plain HDD. Both because of the added flash and because half the reason they're made is an attempt by drivemakers to think up something with better margins than commodity drives. The reason you use an SSD is because you want the speed, especially the near-zero seek times. SSHDs have a small amount of flash on them and you don't control what is or isn't in the cache, so a lot of things - who know which things, when - will run at HDD speed. There's no way for you to say "Keep this application in flash so that it loads quickly" or anything.

Put an SSD in your laptop. If you need more storage, get an ordinary 2.5" HDD and put it in an optical bay adapter if your laptop has one, or in an external USB enclosure if it doesn't.
>>
>>59959615
>We buy Costco external he's put then in a custom wooden mount.

>Believe us
>>
>>59961196
>Put an SSD in your laptop.
Read the fucking OP.

Fuck, every single time.
>>
>>59961233
If he wants an HDD he can use an HDD. But there's zero point in using an SSHD. Pick a lane, either you want an HDD or an SSD, not some shitty half-breed of both.
>>
>>59959088
HGST
>>
>>59959207
this should be the one and only post on a hard drive general if this thread ever makes it to tomorrow.
>>
>>59959207
this, they are all pretty much the same, just keep backups
>>
that gook is fat as fuck
>>
>>59959088
>muh TBs of data, SSD are for weaklings.

It's 2017 retards. Remember CDRs, yeah people used to save stuff on those. GL with your RAID array.
>>
H I T A C H I
I
T
A
C
H
I
>>
>>59962520
Was your post supposed to make sense?
>>
File: WorldChampion.png (1MB, 1744x966px) Image search: [Google]
WorldChampion.png
1MB, 1744x966px
>>59959088

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClvdO5NRci0rDK861-xjTVQ/videos

lmao without the make up she looks like an autistic sumo wrestler
>>
File: id tap that.jpg (40KB, 508x408px) Image search: [Google]
id tap that.jpg
40KB, 508x408px
>>59962690
>>
I have 5 WD Red 3TB 5400RPM, highly recommend
>>
I use WD Gold, which is the same thing as Hitachi Ultrastar or Ultrastar He depending on capacity.
>>
>>59959088
What's wrong with her face and hair?
>>
>>59963437
She's asian and dyed her hair
>>
>>59963437

>face

Copious amounts of make up

>hair

She dyed it 10 different colors
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.