[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on the s8+ is it worth the money?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_5184.jpg (79KB, 650x696px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5184.jpg
79KB, 650x696px
Thoughts on the s8+ is it worth the money?
>>
screen truns red, explosions.

get a G6, faget
>>
That's not a G6 OP
>>
>>59952538
Why the hell would i get a g6
>>
>>59952699
why the hell would you buy an overpriced tracking device only to call and message people and shitpost in bed
>>
>>59952699
Are you fucking retarded anon?
>$200 cheaper
>No le meme edge screen
>Significantly better battery life
>Durable as fuck, absolutely do not need a case or screen protector

There's literally no reason to get the S8 over the G6

>Inb4 wahhhhh the S8 has the 835 and the G6 has the 821
There is literally not a single app or game where you will even notice a slight difference
>>
>>59952726
rekt isnt enough to qualify this
>>
Get an OP3T.

G6 will bootloop like every LG device.

S8 has a hardware bloatware button that you can't remap without root, and a screen that will be terrible to use without a case.
>>
>>59952745
that's great until it starts bootlooping
>>
>>59952538
Enjoy your boot loop.
>>
What is ZUK Z2?
What is Redmi 4 Prime?
>>
>>59952745
>bootloops
>Last quarter processor
>Dim shit non-OLED panel
>Slower than oneplus 3t
>No gigabit support
Sounds like a great flagship
>>
File: IMG_20170418_204733.jpg (2MB, 2432x3286px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170418_204733.jpg
2MB, 2432x3286px
That tall screen is starting to grow on me. You can shitpost more efficiently with that.
>>
One word:

Touch

Jizz
>>
>>59952538
>>59952680
>>59952745
http://www.girardgibbs.com/lg-g4-bootloop-class-action-lawsuit/
https://www.google.rs/amp/www.androidauthority.com/lg-bootloop-class-action-lawsuit-add-devices-763117/amp/
G6 might be added to the list of devices affected by faulty motherboard and bootloop issues in the class action lawsuit against LG.
>>
two words
huge
joke
>>
explodophone giraffe edition
>>
>>59952745
hahaha good one kim
>>
>>59952805
fucking this or wait for the OP5 that will come in Q4 2017
>>
>having a smartphone
>being a phonenigger
>being a manchild
>>
>>59952513
>Edge glare
>Rounded edges are present on both versions
>Harder to protect and less likely to survive a fall
>>
>>59952963
nice Thing already orderd mine.
>>
>>59952699
BOOTLOOP
O
O
L
O
O
P
>>
>>59952745
Bootloop
>>
>>59952513
looks great
no
>>
Or you could buy an OP3T and get indefinite software support and put the $500 you saved into a retirement account
>>
Get a Mate 9
>>
>>59952513
>Thoughts on the s8+
it's nice.

>is it worth the money?
lolno. no phone should cost that much.
>>
>>59952513
Look like shit.
Overpriced shit.
>>
>>59952513
https://www.xda-developers.com/south-korean-samsung-galaxy-s8s-owners-facing-reddish-display-issue/
>>
>>59955298
squinty eyes not so good at seeing red

why do you think they all have yellow skin
>>
Feels good knowing mine is on the way.

Not sure I picked the right cover though.
Got the Clear View Cover.

I've only used leather flip covers with a couple of credit card pockets in it for business cards.
Something tells me I'm gonna miss it.

I also hope that Samsung releases the physical keyboard cover for the Scandinavian countries aswell.
>>
>>59952745
> G3 bootlooped
> G4 bootlooped
> Nexus 5X bootlooped
> G5 bootlooped
> V10 bootlooped
> V20 maybe bootlooped

when the fuck are you people going to learn? don't buy LG.
>>
>buys a muuuh thin bezels phone
>use a case that increase the bezels
>>
What's the best Android phone overall, specs wise? Not for the price, but just overall.
>>
>>59955923
>owned G3, G4, and V20
>never had any issues
>>
>>59956100
Hard to say, because it depends on your preferences.

You will have to sacrifice something. Battery life, screen resolution, brightness or quality, raw performance, build quality...
>>
>>59956003
You end up using a case anyway, so the point is to get the phone as bezel-less as possible you smegma eating cum bucket.
>>
>>59956498
Which phone would you say is best on battery life?

I'm a power user, and I use my phone for almost as much as I use my PC for, so it's pretty important that I don't have to lug around a portable charger with me everywhere (like I have to with my current phone)
>>
Bullshit on more explosions unless someone either show or link me proof of that supposed bullshit
>>
They ruined it with the fingerprint scanner. There's no easy way to unlock the phone given the iris scanner and the face recognition don't work well too.

>>59952680
>people paying $700 for a SD 821 in the current year when there's last year's flagships and the Oneplus 3T
>>
>>59956527
>You end up using a case anyway

Speak for yourself casecuck
>>
>>59958094
>I'm unable to fathom the concept of the different utilities cases give

I use it to store important business cards so I dont have to pick up my wallet all the time.
>>
do yourself a favor and avoid android altogether. iphone is still king, especially if you wait for the oled release, which will be the greatest phone of all-time, later this year.
>>
>>59958319
this was some boring bait brah
>>
I still have an s3 you dumb consumerist goyim.
>>
>>59958331
how is it bait? the main thing that iphone has been lacking is an oled screen and it is finally getting one. imessage, better processor, faster memory, no carrier bloatware, better app support, higher resell value, etc.
>>
>>59958331
lol

>>59958439
I was actually thinking of getting an S8, but then I remembered that the iPhone Anniversary Edition is coming out this fall and that it's supposed to be really, really good. The Note 8 is coming out around that time, too. I guess I'll just wait since I don't have much cash right now and probably won't for a while (just got out of the hospital so no work), and go with whichever is better later on.
>>
>>59958439
>>59958538

I can see that the Apple shills are desperate now that S8 just landed.
>>
>>59959201
In the S8 you can adjust the video not to fill the edges.
>>
>>59959201
The edge is purely a marketing gimmick. It's just so they can say they have a feature that other manufacturers don't.

Edge is completely fucking useless
>>
>>59952513
I don't like it because it's not an iPhone or the Android phone that I already bought.
>>
never had an android phone before, are samsung phones riceable? samsung os looks like garbage
>>
>>59952745
>>Significantly better battery life
kek. LG phones never had good battery life since the g2
>>
>>59958348
I too had it until like 3 months ago when I switched to a Zenfone 3. S3 is to be loved, it still does its job just fine if you don't have too much shitposting interest.
>>
>>59960418
Samsung OS improved A LOT with S7 Edge. It's less bloated and lets you turn off anything you don't need.
>>
File: 1487029442128.jpg (183KB, 658x369px) Image search: [Google]
1487029442128.jpg
183KB, 658x369px
>>59952991
two words:

old

meme
>>
the speaker looks like the horrible speaker in the iphone 6. does it sound as bad?
>>
Can I change the battery easily? If yes then it's worth.
>>
Mine's on the way. Trying to decide what case I should get. Should I just go with the S-View flip cover case?
>>
>>59958439
>No widgets
>No back button
>Planned obsolescence
>Nothing new since the iPhone 4
Before you say a bigger screen and a fingerprint scanner don't be stupid.
>"duuuh duuh 50000 geekbench number"
Numbers and real world experience are two different things
And like every other iPhone elitist you bought an 800+ dollar slab for nothing but Facebook and Snapchat like every other little girl with an iPhone
I phone does fuck all new
Apple is dying faster than its workers at foxconn
>>
>>59952513
handlets keep walking
>>
as a blackberry priv user i can assure you guys that while the rounded edges serve no purpose at all, the only downside is that when watching videos they will distort the image. glare is not noticable when you actually look at the phone. it actually makes the glass more resistant, i can tell because i dropped it a million times and the glass is still intact. not even a single time have i accidentally touched the screen with the side of my hand or something.
>>59955848
you'll never use it, it's a shitty gimmick
>>
What are the chances of the new note having non meme edges?
>>
>>59956119
>works on my machine
3 words
NOT
AN
ARGUMENT
>>
>>59963123
probably very low. samsung always did like the "round every fucking corner" design language. won't be long before we get a spherical phone from them. i mean the foldable phone is supposed to be a thing soon and it will have zero real world purpose.
>>
>tfw using a galaxy s2 for many, many years now
>want to upgrade but picky as fuck

Should I get the S8 or continue waiting for something else to come out this year?
>>
>>59958439
OLED is overrated smut that over-saturates colour, red-shifts over time, and is prone to burn-in. I'll take a good quality LCD panel over OLED any day
>>
>>59956535
Moto Z Play has the best battery life available right now.
>>
Jesus Christ, the amount of Samshills in this thread...
>>
>>59952513
I'm wondering the same DESU. Last Samsung I owned was the s3 and I replaced touchjizz with aokp. Is the botnet worth it?
>>
>>59963717

Can confirm.
>>
Just wait and get an iPhone 8. It's going to run circles around the S8+. Apple's ecosystem isn't all that bad if you just suck it up and do things the way they intend you to. In fact, it's downright cozy.
>>
Just a question, has Samsung phones ever really gotten better on resell value or is it still lagging behind Apple?

Because as long as the resell value is poor, I might as well get a mid tier Android phone with no case/screen protector and keep it until it is too slow (highly unlikely) or it dies and then rinse and repeat.

No need to spend $800+ on a flagship.
>>
>>59963664
>over-saturates colour

No

>red-shifts over time

No

>and is prone to burn-in

Maybe 5 years ago but now it's not
>>
Android is a piece of shit and so are Samsung and it looks like shit from the back and it is just an iPhone clone.
>>
Any (((smart)))phone that cost more than 150€ is not worth.
Fuck capitalism!

Posted from my iphone 7+
>>
Talk me out of it
I know ROMs aren't a thing, and that's pretty bad for me, but I can't find another phone that's skinny enough to hold. There is exactly one other aspect ratio that phones use, and it's impossible to use with one hand.
>muh handlet nonargument
My hands are huge.
>>
File: 1425895433865.png (316KB, 425x450px) Image search: [Google]
1425895433865.png
316KB, 425x450px
>>59963154
I just want a note 3 with a non shit camera...
>>
>>59952513

>buying huge ass phones

I prefer the small and cute ones like the iPhone SE or the Sony Xperia Compact. Why would you want a phone that doesn't even fit in your pocket?

If you want a bigger screen you could just get a tablet.
>>
File: hooh yaah.jpg (36KB, 243x237px) Image search: [Google]
hooh yaah.jpg
36KB, 243x237px
>>59952513
>>59952513
>Thoughts on the s8+
Without doubt the best smartphone in existence.

>is it worth the money?
Not even fucking close.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.