[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a way to root an android device without using some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: 1424966132517.jpg (164KB, 620x849px) Image search: [Google]
1424966132517.jpg
164KB, 620x849px
Is there a way to root an android device without using some questionable apps ?
>>
>unlock bootloader
>flash twrp
>flash lineage os
>flash root zip from extras
>>
sudo su
mkdir /mnt/phone
mount -o gid=users,fmask=113,dmask=002 /dev/sda1 /mnt/phone
rm -rf /mnt/phone/
>>
>>59952355
>>59952364
anything noob friendly please
>>
>>59952343
The "questionable apps" being?
>>
>>59952406
kingo root and such
>>
>>59952355
/thread
>>
>>59952378
Typing 3 things in cmd is noob friendly
>>
>>59952378
Those are pretty basic anon
>>
>>59952378
first reply is noob friendly, you might just not currently understand some of what it means, but I promise it's actually not hard

>boot into fastboot with phone plugged into your computer
>run command on your computer to unlock bootloader
>from there you can run another command to flash twrp from your computer after downloading it
>next two steps are similar, except you'll boot recovery (twrp now) to flash the last two
>>
>>59952447
Wouldn't that delete everything in my phone
>>
>>59952467
unlocking the bootloader wipes your phone, yeah. typically you want to get this out of the way right when you get a new phone
>>
>>59952467
Do you know how to back shit up? It shouldn't take that long since your phone has what 32 or 64gigs of storage
>>
>>59952484
well shit then any other way ?
>>
If you can't figure this stuff out on your own from just googling or searching xda forums I expect you shouldn't have root and are going to compromise yourself with it.
>>
>>59952503
Let me ask you this. Why are you even trying to root your phone?
>>
>>59952364
>/dev/sda1

Congratulations, probably just nuked OP's hard drive.
>>
>>59952497
I'm new to the android thing. I want to remove some apps that came pre installed in my phone
>>
>>59952521
Then just back up the data you want.
>>
>>59952537
Is there like a step by step guide on how to root ?
I don't want to mess up my phone
>>
>>59952521
You can disable them without root.

It's not the same as uninstalling (they will still take up space, but 100~200 MB shouldn't be such a big deal) but they won't be executed ever and they won't appear in any list or launcher. Plus, it won't void your warranty (unlike unlocking bootloader and flashing a different ROM.)

Android is shit when it comes to updates and root.
>>
>>59952627
i don't care about warranty. some apps can't be disabled so I need to remove them
>>
>>59952571
Just go onto instructables if youncan't figure it out.
>>
I will keep bothering you guys till you help me
>>
>>59952966
Read the sticky
>>
>>59952982
sticky has no rooting section
>>
>>59953022
Install Gentoo.
>>
>>59952966
People already helped you so far. Look what they've suggested up on google and go patiently from there, ala not-retard.
>>59953022
He means the part where it says we're not your technical support team.
>>
>>59953022
You fucking retard, you belong the official pajeet forum. Go to xda-developers.com, go to your phones forum section and you will find everything there. The process differs from phone to phone.
>>
>>59953122
I have a Chinese obscure model
>>
>>59953158
Then go fuck yourself unless its an Xiaomi, noone develops for those. You can try apps like Framaroot if that still exists.
>>
>>59953158
Well what is it?
>>
Magisk, it's open source and better than supersu and others, because it can be hidden from apps that refuse to work on rooted devices.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.