[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ubering with Two Phones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: uber.jpg (26KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
uber.jpg
26KB, 600x400px
I drive for Uber daily for 5 days a week, and I just bought a brand new LG G6. My old phone was working great but I wanted a better camera and more internal memory. I just got the idea that my old phone, which is now deactivated, but still has functional Wi-Fi and GPS capabilities could continue to take the brunt of Ubering.

My reasoning is that my new phone could be used as a hotspot, only working to access and transmit data to my old phone, which would be using GPS, Wi-Fi and Navigation always on. That way my old phone can continue to do the heavy lifting while my new phone just uses data with it's screen off. I'm trying to extend it's battery health because I'm not the kind of person to buy a new phone every 2 years, and I just want to get the most out of this new phone. Is this a good idea or am I being overly cautious?
>>
>>59946414
Hi /tv/
>>
>>59946510
God dammit, my shame.
>>
>>59946519
Don't worry.

>>59946414
have a lg g4 since launch. I'm a programmer and live alone. I use my g4 as wifi modem for my laptop, PS4, PSVita and have no problem. I'm waiting for the OnePlus 5 to change mi phone since the LG G6 price is too high for a last year processor.
>>
>I'm trying to extend it's battery health because I'm not the kind of person to buy a new phone every 2 years
They don't work like that anymore, the reason battery life degrades quicker in older phones is because they are using more system resources due to updates
>>
>>59946625
I didn't read too much into it, but the G6s older processor is supposed to be fine tuned to the memory it's using, giving it comparable performance, could be marketing BS for all I know though.

Do you think having the screen on and using navigation for 9 hours a day will decay it's battery to unusable levels in the next 2-3 years?
>>
>>59946672
Of course man. You better option was a phone with removable battery. After two year I see my phone charge dying faster, but I that become a problem I just buy a new battery. But a recommend you to use the phone directly and not as a modem.
The modem is the faster way to kill your battery, I use my phone every day as a modem and the battery suffers a lot.
>>
>>59946672
>>59946771
I will not say unusable levers, you never will punish your phone as I do, and after two years my phone give me even 5 hours of screen time. And almost two days of continuous Spotify music.
I never turn off my data, so maybe that number could even be higher
>>
>>59946414
you have to go back
>>
>>59946414
why do you ask us, then?
You already know this is good.

Just drive safe and try to get on time, Paco
>>
>>59946896
I'm just not sure if it's worth it. How long can new smartphone last being used daily with it's screen on and navigation running for 9 hours a day? Should I try to make it last, or will it degrade despite this.
>>
>>59946945
>>59946945
all phones degrade. Batteries are just like that.
Just remember, OLED phones and Ubers dont mix.
You'll burn the screen with the map in it.
>>
>>59946510
How can you tell?
>>
>>59946510
>>59946519
Who?
>>
>>59947277
I fucked up and posted the same thing on /tv/ they started talking about Drive the movie of course.
>>
>>59946414
>heavy lifting
I'm not sure if you've ever used the hotspot function before.
Hotspots are heavy lifting.
Turning your phone into a wireless modem and router should easily be one of the most power draining things it will ever do.
>>
>>59946414
>my old phone can continue to do the heavy lifting
>my new phone could be used as a hotspot

u wat?
>>
>>59948400
>>59949211
sure it is if you're streaming video or have multiple devices connected at all times.

I just thought that maybe 1 device pulling navigation data every couple of minutes from a locked phone would be less power draining than one that has two navigation apps running side by side with it's screen on for 9 hours straight. Wanted to see if anyone else tried this and hear their experience
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.