[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Windows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1487407024416.jpg (51KB, 564x752px) Image search: [Google]
1487407024416.jpg
51KB, 564x752px
You can use linux and bash on Windows now!! Shouldn't we all switch to Windows from Linux now that you can use Linux and bash on Windows??
>>
Bash on Windows doesn't support networking yet so good luck trying to do any application development using it.

Tried to build an Angular/Nodejs app and realized it couldnt even handle serving it up.

Still needs work.
>>
>>59945806

>nodejs

or maybe you don't know what you're doing?
>>
>>59945770
That's a big kuruminha
>>
I don't even use Bash on Linux, why would I care that Windows has it?
>>
>>59945806
>doesn't support networking
How does it update from the internet?
>>
File: 1491559263630.gif (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1491559263630.gif
3MB, 640x360px
>>59945770
Come back when it doesn't force updates or spy on you, has a consistent UI, and can be updated without rebooting. Also, why are all of the files on one partition still? This isn't 1998.
>>
>>59946922
most of this problems can be fix from 30 minutes of googling also dual booting master race here and really like to game sooo
>>
File: banannas.png (1KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
banannas.png
1KB, 640x480px
>>59946971
You have the choice of forced updates or no updates and bad security. The telemetry can't be disabled and placebo tools don't help. What about the UI? Install Poometer and rice it?

>and really like to game
You can use PlayOnLinux or a VM with a GPU passthrough, stupid nigger.

>sooo
Underage b& detected.
>>
>>59947028
only use windows to game no point in updating , everything is backed up on a external ssd so even if i get a virus i just reset so no reason to update

i've tried it all and it's always been easier(to mod,run,update) on windows, vm is just like dualboot

been on the chan's since i was 17 so for 6 years now , i am typing like that cause i am doing over 6 things at once watching youtube,having a conversation with my senpai, playing a match of overwatch and roaming on 4chan while the next match starts ect.
>>
>>59945806

>Bash on Windows doesn't support networking yet so good luck trying to do any application development using it.

it does in the Creator's Update
>>
>>59945770
Does that Windows bash come with a package manager or do I have to sink to the likes of filthy windows casuals and install things via graphical tools
>>
File: IMG_20170418_004455.jpg (122KB, 2048x1288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170418_004455.jpg
122KB, 2048x1288px
>>59945876
>>>59945806
>>nodejs
>or maybe you don't know what you're doing?

Let's see about that
>>
>>59945770
>bash
I use zsh
>>
I wanna fuck that goddess
>>
>>59945770
Nope
>>
>>59945770
So you are telling me that i have the choice of using just bash or bash wrapped in shit and that i am stupid for choosing the former?
>>
>>59945770
>switch to Windows from Linux now that you can use Linux and bash on Windows

That's exactly what I have done. We also have been able to remove many VM at work since all dev can be done in Windows using Windows tools with introp to WSL.
>>
>>59945770
> Switch to a slower ,insecure and broken OS in order to do something you did before BUT WORSE
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.