[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is this? i found it, looks like the capacitor is fucked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: SAM_1478.jpg (685KB, 1077x1242px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_1478.jpg
685KB, 1077x1242px
what is this? i found it, looks like the capacitor is fucked
>>
File: SAM_1479.jpg (758KB, 1158x1242px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_1479.jpg
758KB, 1158x1242px
>>59934598
back side
>>
stop watch.
>>
>>59934598
pmp without case
>>
>>59934623
And without an audio output too?
>>
>>59934635
the back wasn't posted then asshole
>>
>>59934623
i don't think so, it's got one of those 88:88 screens
>>
Looks like one of those MP3 players with FM transmitter that plugs into the lighter receptacle of a car.
>>
>>59934704
>12V
>USB
>uSD
>IR receiver
>lcd
>buttons
>cheappo
bingo
>>
File: Shopify_PocketCHIP_v0.20_medium.png (80KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
Shopify_PocketCHIP_v0.20_medium.png
80KB, 240x240px
>>59934598
Same screen and buttons as this: https://getchip.com/pages/store

but they dont sell it like that. It's definitely a portable computer / microcontroller of some make. Any chips with serial numbers underneath the screen? use cleaning alchohol then chalk to make the numbers visible if needed.
>>
>>59934760
no chips, the only (big) one is covered with that black clay stuff
>>
op here, on the screen there are 3 of those 8 digits, on the right side there are icons of: memory card; usb connection; volume; MHz
>>
>>59934704
I don't see any components on that pcb that look like a fm transmitter. That would take lots of analog stuff, inductors, etc.

The single inductor and assumed diode at the top are a switching powersupply (imho) with the in and out decoupling caps bent over.
>>
File: fm.jpg (15KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
fm.jpg
15KB, 384x384px
>>59934832
Looks like this one, but without the headphone socket. Probably the non-amplified multiplexed FM signal is sent over the "R" connection down to the base.
>>
>>59934862

Maybe. The MHz on the display does seem to indicate a FM something.

>>59934598
There are so many though-holes on the board, are there any components on the front side of the board under the display? Can you pry the display up and show a pic?
>>
>>59934936
no,there are just green and red wires probably for the led for the screen,nothing else
>>
>>59934832
>That would take lots of analog stuff
Maybe in the '70s. These days you can generate an FM signal using some PWM magic. Nokia phones did it for years. Hell, you can even do it on a rPi:
http://icrobotics.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Turning_the_Raspberry_Pi_Into_an_FM_Transmitter
>>
>>59934787
the back side is just fluff: sd card slot, usb 2.0 slot, 12v voltage regulator + power supply cap and inductor. Im trying to track down the serial number of the scree maybe that will lead somewhere.
>>
>>59935167
>Main ASIC under epoxy blob
>All of its decoupling around it
>Power supply

>just fluff
>>
File: 1468189360416.gif (753KB, 591x352px) Image search: [Google]
1468189360416.gif
753KB, 591x352px
>>59934787
shit son claw up the black clay shit and find the number on that chip. Didnt see it until you mentioned it.
>>
>>59935203
God fucking damn it. You paranoid retards want this thing to be some sort of NSA spying device, when it's a simple FM transmitter.
Protip: he won't find anything because it's a bare silicon die bonded to the board, the epoxy is there to hold it in place.
>>
>>59935228
radio with a touch screen? nice try schlomo
>>
>>59935252
What touch screen? Why have you assumed it is a touch screen?

OP, just feed it 12V at the top connections, put in an SD card with an MP3 file and tune a radio to the same frequency of the display.
>>
>>59935108

That is insane. You kids... Back in my day...

Ok, I buy this being a rx transmitter.

I am tempted to drag out a FPGA and try that. It seems insane: you are not even outputting a sine wave. You also have no gain over the vccio. madness. I guess to go a few feet it is all that you need to tx.
>>
>>59935280
connected it to 12v and except the white backlight, i see nothing,maybe it's because of that fucked capacitor
>>
yall dumbasses. this is a keychain digital photo frame, they're a dime a dozen
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.