[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's this ? Possibly something for the Raspberry Pi 2 B ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

What's this ? Possibly something for the Raspberry Pi 2 B ?
>>
It looks like a complete microcontroller of some sort, not an add-on board.
>>
>not recognizing this board
It's Raspberry pi Zero
This piece of tech cant do shit
Throw it to trash, just like your post
>>
Oops, meant to say it might be the raspberry pi 2 model B? I'm not sure.
>>
>>59931007
Thanks for the answer.
>>
>>59931007
It can do quite a bit- and toes the line between ease of use and very small SWAP.

I'm using them in a few places where I can't cram all the code I need on to an ESP8266 firmware... is there another tiny soc you'd recommend?
>>
File: repair this.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
repair this.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>59931007
>It's Raspberry pi Zero
>This piece of tech cant do shit
The new one has wifi which is cool for such a cheap board. The problem is that people over estimate their capabilities or have no clue what to do with them. I'm guilty of the former with the first Pi. Hit that fucker with a hammer it pissed me off so much.
>>
>>59931007

Just because you have no inspiration on what to do with something, doesn't mean it can't do shit.
>>
>>59931034
Sorry, cant recommend any
Try to make a new thread, maybe someone will answer your question
>>
>>59931043
are you 6?
>>
>>59931243
35, but I was like 30 then.
>>
>>59931043
What could it possibly have done to deserve that?
>>
File: 1421581838812.jpg (158KB, 564x1086px) Image search: [Google]
1421581838812.jpg
158KB, 564x1086px
>>59931043
>needlessly destroying this because of you autism

I'm sorry you're like this anon. On the bright side at least you can live off of the autism bucks for the rest of your life and not gave to work
>>
>>59931043
I had the Pi W Zero for a bit.

It's fucking shit, It can't even load a youtube page without crashing completely

Get the Orange Pi lite instead. Doesn't use special snowflake mini USB plugs and/or mini HDMI, and you still get wifi. You can also actually run youtube and it's cheaper too.
>>
>>59931007
Raspberry Pi, built by people who don't know computing architecture, For people who don't know computing architecture
>>
>>59931909
>buy Raspberry Pi kit
>tries to install google chrome (because Chromium sounds sketchy)
>"sudo apt-get... wait what"
>complains about how installing basic programs requires a degree in computer science
>>
>>59930915
stop using raspi

-impossible to use it without proprietary crapware
-subpar capabilities compared to literally any knockoff ARM dev board.
>>
>>59931043
>The new one has wifi which is cool for such a cheap board.
as long as you don't use both wifi/wlan and bluetooth at the same time, you're good:
https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/1402
(pi0w and pi3 use the same bt/wifi-chip)

It's actually funny that after a whole year they're still allowed to sell that crap without warning the users about this defect.
>>
got one waiting to be made a cheapo security cam with a cronjob. just waiting to have something worth keeping an eye on.
>>
>>59932169
>inb4 CUZ ITS CHEEEPPPPPPPPP
>>
>Hurr durr it cant load JS bloated websites that make an i7 choke

No fucking shit. If you want to glue a board behind a monitor to use as a standart pc by a minipc or something.

RPI is quite useful when you want to do something that a microcontroller cant like autopiloting a drone and doing image processing at the same time or something.
I wish i could get ahold of more of thease since the they are rare and expensive as fuck.

Sure i could get those cink boards but most of the time i dont even need half of the features and it would be nice not to pay for them.

tl;dr godsent for robotics and prototyping , expensive as fuck, wish for a better desing focusing on small size and adequate performance and price , something like intel edison with 128 mb of ram , at least a 500 mhz dualcore cpu and maybe an fpga or some easy to program for gpu.
>>
>>59931547
This picture made me upset
>>
>>59932969
Did you ever look at BeagleBones? Or Olimex boards?
>>
>>59933461
aren't they all above $20 dollars which makes it too expensive.
raspberry pi zero is literally $9 dollars.
>>
raspberry pi is backdoored by gchq
>>
>>59931806
>>59932061
>>59931007

>HURRR DURR IT CAN'T TO THIS COMPLEX TASK I\M ASKING IT TO DO IT

If you don't know what the RaspPi Zero is for than don't buy it faggots

It's a small simple computer capable of doing simple tasks, it costs 5$ and that is the only point of it. You're not supposed to make a PC/game console out of it, it's just supposed to be a mega cheap pc for simple tasks.

Autistic children get the fuck off /g/
>>
>>59931007
It can't doanything powerful but it can run my led lights on my server
It's not completely useless
>>
>>59932969
the pi 0 is cheap as fuck, got mine for 6 bucks off of canakit (limit 1 though)
>>
>>59934766
>using a microprocessor to run LEDs
Useless. You could be using a $1 microcontroller.
>>
File: betterthanraspberry.png (138KB, 700x250px) Image search: [Google]
betterthanraspberry.png
138KB, 700x250px
>>59934518
>muh intended use
But the thing is that there is other equipment at the same price that can

Fuck off raspberry shill. Your chip is shit.
>>
>>59934823
A microcontroller has a microprocessor in it.
>>
>supposed to be 5 dollars
>cheapest one on newegg is 52.99
oy vey goyim
>>
File: webcam-toy-photo18.jpg (66KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
webcam-toy-photo18.jpg
66KB, 800x600px
>>59935038
Jokes on you fag, I actually own a few orange Pi's

Cheap, yeah, sort of

But do they do the job, hell no. Mine came in with a broken power supply, I had to solder it off and frankenstein a new one. Then I couldn't get the OS running because their website didn't proved correct links for the boards. After I got the real one I had to spend hours online searching for a correct instruction manual

>Poor user community
>Most of the software incompatible
>Most of the hardware incompatible
>GODDAMN GPIO'S HAVE DIFFERENT NAMES

The only reason you would need to use one is if you already know a lot about these chips

And the purpose of a fucking RaspZero is to be a ultra cheap and simple chip for one simple purpose only. Maybe I want a remote PC to dump data on but I don't want to spend a week setting it up

>Muh intended use
Yes faggot, you don't bring a tractor to a Formula 1 race. The tractor plows, the Formula races

I swear, normies here never had any practical use with any piece of technology. You faggots only compare the specs forgetting the real life implementations
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.