[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to try something...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: B0wumfrIAAAyBgu.jpg (27KB, 482x466px) Image search: [Google]
B0wumfrIAAAyBgu.jpg
27KB, 482x466px
I am staying in a friend's camper trailer right outside his house. My internet connection is total dogshit out there, to the point where it will cut out every few minutes and I'd have to type the password back in to get back on(I'm currently borrowing a desktop inside the house). I'm THINKING that if I take a spare router he has lying around and put it out there, it might serve as a sort of range extender, or antenna. Is it possible to do that? And, if it is, how would I get it set up to do that? Is it easy or kind of a pain? Really want internet in my own little space out there. If you know of any other ways that might improve my connection or speed out there, I would love to see them. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Really desperate here.
>>
just get yourself one of these https://www.amazon.com/Alfa-802-11b-Wireless-Original-9dBi/dp/B001O9X9EU
>>
>>59929418
Look up a tutorial on DD-WRT and how to put it on an old router and turn it into a repeater
>>
>>59929434
all the repeaters we've ever had at work were total dogshit (i didn't buy them), is dd-wrt actually good at it?
>>
>>59929473
It might or it might not. Depends more on the router itself. But even then the routers antennas will be stronger than your laptops antennas (Hook directly into the repeater with a ethernet cable)
>>
I have NO money atm, I really need to work with what I currently have available. And, I just have that spare router lying around. If anyone here can just go ahead and give me the shorthand on how to turn an old router into a repeater or range extender or antenna or something, please help me out.
>>
So take it out there, plug it in an outlet(duh), connect my laptop to it with an ethernet cable and that's it? Is it really that simple? Will it automatically pickup on the other router?
>>
>>59929540
Not at all. The routers default firmware does not support being a repeater. DD-WRT is custom firmware that you can put on the router that allows it to act as a repeater
>>
Oh wow, this sounds really complicated.
>>
Is there anything I can do just to at least sustain a KINDA decent connection that won't be a pain in the ass?
>>
This lazy faggot attitude is the reason you're living in a camper trailer.
>>
>>59929418
Get off the internet you addicted antisocial faggot.
>>
File: Cryingthing.jpg (43KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Cryingthing.jpg
43KB, 500x281px
I don't really think you can do anything without DD-WRT

im sorry anon

goodnight
>>
Well, you guys tried...well, some of you.
>>
This is very simple... disable DHCP on a spare consumer router, plug it into his routers integrated switch, and get it as close to your location as possible. You can set the ssid and password as you like
>>
>>59929418
Procrastinating on the Internet is the reason you're living in a trailer. This is a blessing, not a curse.
>>
We must go FULL GHETTO. Run an ethernet cable from his device out a window into your comfy trailer. Foam to seal the window is nothing, and long ass cables can be had for cheap. Or you can get one of these >>59929431, I used one when I was stealing service and it works great.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.