[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to get into tech building?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Hey /g/. For a while I've been looking to get into building some tech, playing around with electrical engineering etc.

Where do you think would be a good place to start? I'm still in high school but I have a pretty good grasp on scientific concepts in comparison to my peers, and I've been practicing autodidacticism for a while. Can anybody tell me what book or YouTube video series or articles I should start with? First project I was thinking of was a simple electronic remote deadbolt for my room door.
Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks!
>>
This website is for 18+ only. You might want to try reddit--I'm sure there's a relevant sub for you :~)
>>
>>59929159
First trying hanging yourself
When that inevitably fails because the rope cannot support your weight just try to find a small childs circuit board set. I had one when I was a kid and I learned about the basics of EE from it. From there you could buy a breadboard and some other shit from hobbyist websites and try to make your own shit
Just google it you retard
>>
get the Art of Electronics
>>
>>59929159
you think you do, but you don't
>>
>>59929159
I've built up my knowledge by researching vintage communication and crypto equipment,and thinking about how I'd build that shit out of basic discrete components.
I have no formal education in any related fields,but I've come pretty far thanks to my autist-like obsession that makes me think about this shit every single minute I'm awake.
Just find something that makes your brain dick hard and let your obsession take care of the rest.
>>
File: 1491660281366.jpg (48KB, 520x581px) Image search: [Google]
1491660281366.jpg
48KB, 520x581px
>>59929159
>I have a pretty good grasp on scientific concepts in comparison to my peers,
lmao
every fucking time
>>
>>59929277
>>59929251
I was writing that thinking I sounded like a dick.
I didn't mean it as in I was some super special advanced kid or anything. I was just trying to convey that I don't need to be totally handheld through the basic stuff.
Sorry if that sounded cringey or neckbeardy
>>
>>59929159
Boole Algebra, it is downhill from there, till you die.
>>
>>59929307
first, do not use first person. second, no one cares what tone your post contain, each is judged without relation to the other. third, fuck off.
>>
>>59929277
Ain't op but you seem to forget that most people don't even know what a resistor is.
>>
Buy an rpi and some expansion boards and motors and shit, fuck around with it and have fun.

It's a lot easier than you'd think to get into the basics.
>>
Art of Electronics

Practical Electronics for Inventors

Complete Electronics Self-Teaching Guide with Projects

Electronics from the Ground Up

Make: Electronics
Make: More Electronics
Make: Sensors

Getting Started in Electronics
>>
File: 1492378760395.png (321KB, 372x539px) Image search: [Google]
1492378760395.png
321KB, 372x539px
>>59929307
Just read a book about electric circuits you faggot.
>>
>>59929344
That's what ur mom was last night when I raped her.
>>
>>59929422
>bragging about raping a 60 year old fat woman
>>
>>59929454
>his mother is 60
How old are you then, grandpa?
>>
>>59929159
>Where do you think would be a good place to start
OHM's law. Then parallel and series circuits. Ask again in a few months when you actually have an idea what you're talking about.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.