[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old Computer Hardware

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: s-l200(5).jpg (6KB, 200x165px) Image search: [Google]
s-l200(5).jpg
6KB, 200x165px
Why can't I find anything decently priced on Ebay for used PC components?

It should go without saying that used PC components are cheaper than new components, but the price difference is much more marginal on ebay than I've been led to believe they should be.

Long story short: I want a reasonably cheap used video card, but the savings are hardly worth buying used. I'm using ebay. Am I doing it wrong?
>>
Bump?
>>
Xeons cpus and 290x tri GPU is pretty nicely priced
>>
>>59921755
Last year I got a 660 Ti for 30 bucks shipped. I don't know what the fuck happened.
>>
>>59921755
Don't buy used videocards, they will have one of the following problems

1. Fans sound like a lawnmower even at idle
2. Smells like an ashtray and covered in tar
3. Was used in a mining rig and will die horribly under load/fail within a month
>>
>>59921755
The only way to get a good deal on used hardware on ebay is to buy a complete, fully working, professionally refurbished PC or laptop. Anything else is way too risky or garbage.
>>
File: 00909_hqqzT1CwgSp_1200x900.jpg (81KB, 506x900px) Image search: [Google]
00909_hqqzT1CwgSp_1200x900.jpg
81KB, 506x900px
Depends on who's desperate
for example, im currently selling my sapphire 4gb rx 460 for 70$ buy it now because im broke as shit
bitch is near new, i used it for like 2 weeks

semi related, how do i sell a shitload of old ram? who buys this stuff, whats it worth?
its ~24gb total of everything from 256mb sticks of ddr to a more modern 4gb ddr3 stick
>>
>>59922381
>professionally refurbished
When should one drain the capacitors?
>>
>>59922507
You sell it by weight for gold recovery.
But because you're broke, you may want to try it yourself.
>>
>>59922343
Can anyone verify this?

If a seller has a trustworthy reputation, is it really that much of a risk to buy a used GPU?
>>
>>59922744
if its a used mid range AMD gpu its almost certainly been mining 24/7
>>
>>59922744
personally ive never had issues like that
every used GPU ive had has worked just fine
of course really old stuff is going to have the problems any old computer part would have, might need new thermal paste, a good cleaning, etc
and ive bough easily a dozen used gpu's, everything from my 280x to a 750ti for my sister, a gt 710, a few older ati things for some old pc's, even a couple old and hot fuckers like a 480, 660ti, etc
no issues other than as i said, needing a good cleaning and new thermal paste

and if something is wrong, you contact the seller, if they tell you to fuck off you contact ebay/paypal
>>
>>59922343
Do you even know what you are talking about ?
Just make sure the seller is OK. bought from ebay and scrap and never had any form of problems
>>
>>59921755
>>59922294
>>59922318
>>59922343
>>59922507

>>>/v/ is this way faggots
>>
>>59923525
are you the same guy whos going into every thread that involves a gpu and directing everyone to /v/
dont you have anything better to do?
>>
>>59922343

Sounds like bad luck but of course that can happen. I got a used gf3 ti200, gtx 470 and gtx 760 without all these symptoms but I could be lucky.

I also got a used ati something and that one broke but duh, ati.
>>
>>59922343
Well I have sold two video cards on eBay and both were perfectly functional. Most people are just looking to upgrade.
>>
something I noticed is that there are almost no deals on older cpus on ebay.

For example in my /cunt/, if I look for used i5 6500 I can see some deals, the vendors say they were pulled from OEM machines, don't really care where they got them from as long as I can get one for cheap.

But on ebay I barely see these sort of "deals".

Also, any cheap gpu that shows up, is instantly bought.
>>
>>59922507
there's a lot of people that might need older ram, however you need to sell it really cheap if you wanna sell them.

I'd say you post them on ebay, priced right and they should sell.
>>
i have an xfx r9 390, used for about 6 months after a friend threw a better gpu at me. if you can offer a good price its yours
>>
>>59927603
50 buxxx plus some hummus.
>>
>>59927731
the fucking shipping will probably cost more
>>
>>59927775
ok, 5 bucks + some hummus+ a photo of richard stalledman
>>
>>59925349
You're kind of relying on the idea of that the seller takes care of their shit. How many people have cases with dust filters AND cleans them out regularly AND cleans out the insides with canned air at least? 10%?
>>
>>59927603
100 bucks + shipping?
>>
Zeon E32XXv2
Cheap 1155 mobo
8gb hawaii card
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.