[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Subjects are stupid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1491837163226.png (448KB, 800x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1491837163226.png
448KB, 800x1024px
Why aren't you using the best AV software out there yet, anon?
>>
File: tux.png (201KB, 1000x1179px) Image search: [Google]
tux.png
201KB, 1000x1179px
But I am.
>>
>>59920869
>Windows 7
Common Sense is ending its W7 support soon unfortunately.
>>
Even the best AV software cannot protect your computer from all attacks.
>>
>>59921138
really? It still seems to work with even windows xp sp3
>>
>>59921138
windows update doesn't do jack shit you moron
stop using botnet update
>>
>>59921148
>>59920869
Have you autists never heard of exploits? A big part of common sense is security patches. Windows has had bugs in the past that let an attack own your computer all the way to the kernel, and all they needed you to do "wrong" on your part was look at a malformed don't. Common Sense won't save you from exploits, only proactive measures like immediately installing all security updates.
>>
>>59921282
its been like 5 years ive been going without updates and i have yet to be exploited
how the fuck would you even exploit me
>>
>>59921461
I have those pictures, bring money.
>>
File: xD.jpg (18KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
xD.jpg
18KB, 499x499px
>>59921483
XDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>59921057
Isn't OpenBSD.
>>
>>59921461
The only viruses that make themselves loud and known are the ones who rely on user stupidity. They're like door to door salesmen scamming your senile grandma. Exploits are different. You're not charming your way in, you're sneaking. You now that this guy's garage door has a design flaw that makes it pop open if you bang on a certain spot near the lock. He's not going to announce himself loudly, if he stays quiet he's more likely to be able to stick around longer.
>>
>>59921848
i know what exploits are, but i still doubt im gonna get exploited anytime soon
like seriously what do you want to exploit me through?
the only real attack vector i could think of is my web browser (firefox)
however that one i actually keep up to date and of course use ublock origin, along with a massive blocklist as my hosts file

all my ports are closed on my router as well
>>
>>59922174
also if you're gonna say: java or flash exploits
i have neither of those installed
>>
>>59922174
Like I said, fonts. Keeping Firefox updated won't do anything, windows still renders fonts right in the kernel, and Firefox will happily feed that virus right into it, giving an attacker complete access. And all you have to do is look at a font.
>>
I met someone from this board once. He was always talking shit about common sense being his AV and he had as many viruses/malware detections as my technically illiterate grandparents.

Common sense is beyond stupid in current year. Get bit defender free + malwarebytes free you idiots.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.